• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS 4th before 3rd Temple-Trick

Mange

Bitte benutzen Sie Google Übersetzer
As some of you might know, you were able to do the 4th temple before the 3rd in MM64.
That worked shooting with the hookshot on a tree that you were only able to hit in one fixed position in Icana Valley.

Does anyone of you know if it's possible to do that in the remake as well? I tried but these Octorocs were always bothering me so I gave up.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
You must be talking about the precise Hookshot to a tree in Ikana Canyon to skip Ice Arrows in the N64/VC versions of MM. I doubt it still works because the geometry of Ikana Canyon was slightly changed in the 3DS version, plus this trick has been known for a long time. However, it's still possible to cross with a Zora Long Jump glitch (you need a bomb).

Mange

Thank you!

That looks very easy to do: Just laying a bomb, changing into a Zora and jumping into the water at the moment the bomb explodes. I was so sad that the Bomb-over-the-gate-Trick doesn't work anymore but leastways this works.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Thank you!

That looks very easy to do: Just laying a bomb, changing into a Zora and jumping into the water at the moment the bomb explodes. I was so sad that the Bomb-over-the-gate-Trick doesn't work anymore but leastways this works.

No problem.

And also, the bomb-over-the-gate trick using Goron Link still works, but you have to use an enemy as a damage source, since the bomb method was patched.

Mange

No problem.

And also, the bomb-over-the-gate trick using Goron Link still works, but you have to use an enemy as a damage source, since the bomb method was patched.

Oh, really? I just tried out the way you had to use in the 64-version (laying a bomb and do a goron jump in the right moment)
Is there a video how to do that as well?

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Yes. This video shows the trick being used twice. The first time (at about 1:20), a Green Chuchu is used to enter Great Bay early, and the second time (starting at about 1:50), Blue Bubbles are used to jump over the gates on the road to Ikana Canyon. Note that it must be night for the Blue Bubbles to appear there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom