• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

4 All You Pokemon Fans...

SamuRaichu

ICE CREAM IS DELICIOUS.
Have you heard of the Cubone/Kangashkan theory?
Here it is.

Back in Red and Blue, originially Marowak would evolve into Kangaskan*, but they cut it off at the last second. MissingNo and 'M were the remains, and they weren't supposed to be there. What do you think?

Did I spell Kangaskan wrong the whole time?

* full Evo chain: Cubone/Marowak/Kangaskan.
not anymore.

MissingNo is Creepy.

I personally don't believe that, I don't think that Game Freak would have reason to remove a pokemon from an evolutionary chain, it wouldn't make sense for them to do so in my eyes. Besides that, I don't think that they even look remotely like each other. Cubone and Marowak both carry a bone and wear a skull on their head. Kangaskhan doesn't have either of those traits and has a carries a little baby that looks exactly like it does. I don't see where Kangaskhan would fit into that chain.

Even so, I don't see how removing a tiny amount of coding that links to the pokemon together would cause MissingNo to appear, I think it's more likely that MissingNo appeared from the removal of a pokemon whilst Game Freak were developing the game and they never found it in time to remove it.

Jedizora

:right:
No. It can't be. Firts lets look at Cubones skull and kangaskhan's head. Cubones skull is that of itsmothers. Yes, it takes its mothers skull out and Puts it on it head. Iwonder how this happens is breeding centers? Gruesome. Anyway, the heads aren't quite the same, mostley in the ears. We can also see a baby kangaskhan in its sprite and see it looks completely diffrent from what we know of cubone. But what about this: Cubones are Charmanders with there flames gone out.
also, according to Nintendo missing no is a programing error. No, its not a missing Pokemon that was removed from the game.
MissingNO is a programming quirk, and not a real part of the game.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
First of all, I have always believed that Cubone originally was to wear Aerodactyl skulls, and Nintendo changed it to the skull of its dead mother, Marowak, to tie in the plot with Team Rocket killing its mother Marowak in Lavender Town.
Which is why all Cubones in Red and Blue wear the skulls; they are the skulls of their slaughtered parents that Team Rocket killed. Nothing to do with Kangaskahn, and Cubone and Marowak have been tied to parental death and graveyards ever since the incident in Red and Blue to avoid removing or changing the Pokemon later.

As to why Marowak mothers in the games don’t die when they have babies, the simple answer is that Cubone and Marowak were created before breeding mechanics were introduced in the series. Nowhere is it ever said that Marowak die when they give birth to Cubone and that Cubones take their mother’s bones. The fact Cubone wear the skull of their mother is explained above with the Team Rocket thing.

Now to bring in ‘M and Kangaskahn.

First off, ‘M and Missingno are two completely different glitches in the game.

Now, the reason why ‘M evolves often into Kangaskahn is that its internal program index number is low, number 2, which causes a large number of ‘M to become a Kangaskahn upon evolution.
Missingno. Cannot evolve into Kangaskahn, only ‘M.

Explanation of ‘M

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/%27M

Explanation of Missingno.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Missingno

Index numbers are listed here. Take note that none of these have anything to do with the Pokemon’s number in the Pokedex.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_index_number_(Generation_I)

The entire fact that fans believe that Cubone is a baby Kangaskahn is solely appearances, the fact that Cubone somewhat resembles a baby Kangaskahn. By that logic, so does Sandshrew, or even a flameless Charmander.
Many people also believe that it’s due to Kangaskahn being the ‘true’ evolution of Cubone, but there is no data in the games that proves this. Its solely thought due to the many glitches in game and various theories over the years, and Nintendo or Game Freak themselves have never said that Cubone, Marowak and Kangaskahn were ever meant to be related as evolutions.

I hope this clears up some questions, I had more info, but I’ve taken so long compiling this that I have forgotten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom