• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3 shifts or just one daily shift?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So right now I'm working evening shift. From 2pm till 10pm. I work 3 shifts at work. I don't mind because it pays great. What about you? Do you work shifts and do you like or dislike it?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Night shifts causes gastrointestinal issues, ****s up hormones and metabolism and interrupts circadian rythm. So hard no. I'm glad that she's are have ums nowadays. No more watch keeping duty at night!

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I like day shift, because it leaves the entire rest of the evening to do what I want.

Night shifts aren't terrible, they just require an adjustment.

The worst, in my opinion, are swing shifts. Everyone's either sleeping or at work when you're off, so it makes this whole being an adult thing a little more difficult.

:)

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I work a normal 9-5, Monday-Friday job (except we have well-being Friday's as extra paid time off until 11am on Fridays) and it makes planning things much easier. There are rare occasions where I'll need to work late or on a weekend but in return I get pretty great flexibility to attend appointments or cater to other personal tasks mostly whenever I want to during work hours as long as I can get my tasks done and make up the time if that is required.

I used to work multiple jobs at random hours of the day and it was awful, I hope I don't have to go back to that again - especially regular weekend work.

I seem to be cursed to work crack of dawn shifts no matter where I work, and it’s only got worse since. How could I ever think, when I first started back at Pizza Hut, that 9-10am was too early. Next was 6am, same at the one after that specifically applying for an evening shift and talking about it in the interview. Then I think it was 5am for my 3 weeks at Krispy Kreme. Last job lasted some years, so started out around 6am, which with at least an hour travel time meant the latest I could wake up was something like 4:30. Had been shifted to another department with a bunch of others by force (despite just months earlier having been told nobody would be moved without negotiations) and had to come in an hour earlier. So having to get up for 3:30 for so long, 2:30-3am for winter time, I’ve kind of been hesitant to go back into the workforce now I can sleep in til a normal ass time.

I’ve just never been a morning person. Of course, back before I started working, was homeschooled and by that time my siblings and I were pretty independent. So I’d stay up til 4am and sleep til 4 in the afternoon. Probably not the healthiest schedule to keep but mostly harmless. Don’t think it would be easy to adjust to that now, but I’d like something a little closer to that…but then I’d also like to just be able to make enough money doing my own thing or at least work from home in some way. Commute here in any direction kind of sucks.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I just work a few hours maybe one day a month, so I guess one shift. I love it, I just go, pwn the job, and become free for a long while, till called again, which works fine with me since that leaves me a lot of free time to write and do other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom