• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2nd ZD Pokémon SV Tournament - What do you want to see next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Hello ZD!

Earlier this year we finally had a Pokémon Tournament after a major hiatus! And it was a very successful one! Thank you all for participating! To celebrate the release of the new Scarlet and Violet DLC, there will be plans for another tournament coming soon (I'll try to host it this October). :)

That being said, there are just so many possibilities/ ideas that were never explored! Last time I hosted a pretty traditional but broad tournament (Singles National Dex OU) to kick things off. But this time I'd like to hear the community as to what they'd like to see in the next tournament. In this thread I'll present most of them, but feel free to also add your own suggestions! After a while, we'll try to vote for the best ideas!

The Tournaments settings can be broken down in a few things:

- Regulation (VGC, Battle Stadium, Smogon)

- If following Smogon's Regulation:
- Battle Type (Single, Double)​
- Generation (9th Gen) and Dex (Paldea or National)​
- Game Modes:
- Standard Tiers (AG, Uber, OU, UU, RU, NU, PU, ZU, NFE, Little Cup)​
- Randomized (Challenge Cup, Random Battle)​
- Special Rulesets (1v1/2v2, Free-For-All)​

- Extra Restrictions (Monotype, only certain Types allowed, Make-Your-Opponent's-Team, Teams Themed around Certain Franchises, etc.)

I know it's a lot of info at once and that a lot of people might not be familiar with those, if you have any questions on any of the aspects (specially game modes and Dex) feel free to ask here in this thread or send me a DM in private! I'd like to point out that for now we'll avoid non-official Game Modes where the game mechanics are modified or include non-official pokémon (Hackmons, CAP, Almost Any Ability, STABmons, etc) since those can be extremely confusing to newcomers.

At the moment I have the following suggestions for the next event:
  • VGC (2023, Regulation Set D or E) or Doubles National Dex OU
  • Single National Dex Ubers
  • Single National Dex Ubers - Make-Your-Opponent's-Team (Play each round with a team another person submitted! But be careful, if you make to the finals you'll use the team you submitted!)
  • Single National Dex OU - Halloween Themed (Similar to how it was hosted in previous years: Single National Dex OU, types limited in Ghost/ Dark/ Psychic/ Bug)
  • Single National Dex OU - Monotype (Make a team where all the pokémon share the same Type. Considering allowing people to submit and use two different teams instead of just one)
  • Single National Dex OU - Themed Teams (Make a team where each of your Pokémon represents a character from a Franchise you like!)
  • Single National Dex Little Cup

Please comment below which of these suggestions catches your attention, as well as what other type of tournament you'd like to see soon! (Like suggestions of Extra Restrictions or Game Modes I might've forgotten). Thanks for your attention! :pikalove:

The make-your-opponent's team one is definitely what strikes me as the most interesting; trying to balance a team between being something you think you can beat and something you think you can win with seems like a fun challenge. I'd also potentially be interested in signing up for the Halloween or monotype ones.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Just to update this a bit.

Well, as you must've noticed there was a lack of engagement and feedback.
As such I ended not hosting a tournament. Nor plan to until the community shows some interest again.

It's a shame, but unavoidable as the idea was to bounce new ideas with the community.
I'm left wondering if using some more technical terms might've seen a bit intimidating to people, but at the same time I believe I was very open about being willing to clarify things up either here or privately.
So must just be the overall lack of activity in the community?

I hope we eventually get to have another tournament soon.
Just hit me up, or any of the current forum volunteers if people start wanting one again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom