• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

24 Tributes, 24 Tragedies, A Hunger Games Roleplay

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Pitty Woolworth enjoyed the training hall devoid of the Tributes. He sank a quiver of arrows into both stationary and moving targets before packing up, deciding to go back to District 8's floor. The Tributes should be off at their stylists by now, but he might be able to catch them to talk a little bit.

-------

Icaria hid her latest stash in a secret compartment of the main crane-hovercraft. She would retrieve them later, when it was time for her to go back to District 6. Then, she'd divide it up and parcel it out to the zip-heads she knew for whatever money they could gather through means she did not want to know about. She always saved a special vial - just in case the year's Victor was of 6. Then, Icaria would play the "angel of mercy" there to ease their wounds with a morphlilng drip and a promise of more to ease the memories - for the right price.

------

Vashe Martinez continued to wait to see whatever monstrocity of a parade-costume whatever stylist she had was going to force her to wear.

(Pokes rp. Dead?)

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
When Bangs got little to no reaction from her Tributes on the brilliance of her designs, she just sighed and took the notebook back before clapping for a pair of assistants. "Well, if you two children don't have any input, then I believe it's time to get your measurements."

Madi tensed up at the prospect, not wanting a stranger to be poking and prodding at her and wrapping a string around her like they wanted to choke her...

blue-eyes

Phoenix
Jordan stood cautiously, looking towards the assistants. "Careful with the measuring tape. Too tight around my throat and then soon you'll be having the same issue," he warned as they stepped forward. As they measured him, he smirked and looked at the assistants. He saw their fear of the tribute. He chuckled at how easy it was to scare the citizens. It was the guards that were tough. The citizens were weak. He took a mental note of this, planning a way of informing his friends back home.

He looked towards Bangs. "So, what else did you learn about the other tributes?" He asked, trying to pry information out of her.

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
Jay shuffled to the stylist room when he got there he was immediately measured and forced to try different clothes on. The clothes he gave him were uncomfortable and tight his stylist defiantly didn't care about how he felt. He ended up with a strange black outfit. Jay had a irritated look on his face as his stylist changed things and broke his personal space.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Bangs blinked at Jordan in confusion when he asked that question, and replied "It wasn't my job to look at the other Tributes." like she'd never even thought of doing so. But then she added "But I did notice the District 1 boy and the District 10 girl talking for a while, it looked rather interesting. Who knows, there might be an in-games romance~!" Obviously Capitol thinking, but hey, it was better than nothing,

((If this is not OK, I will edit.))

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
(Sorry, I didn't realize that you were waiting for your stylist)

Lollys charged through the door brushing her hair out of her face and fixing her yellow dress. "Children, please forgive my tardiness! I was...uh...busy" she said with a smile. Lollys motioned for one of her assistants to begin prepping the tributes. "I am Lollys Gold, upcoming fashionista of the Capitol. Soon, everyone will be wearing a Gold original. Well, everyone with class," she added with a pretentious laugh.

"Trust me, kids. I have assisted with the greats. Studied every magnificent thread, every beautiful detail. I have great plans for you this year! It will be what skyrockets my career! I will design the most fabulous of outfits." Lollys became excited as she spoke, but soon calmed and took a seat. "Now, enough about me. Tell me about yourselves," Lollys said, studying her own fingernails.

(Hey, Tatl or Shadsie. If you guys have any ideas on the wardrobe, please share them with me. My plans aren't set in stone yet, so I wanted to know if you had any better or stronger ideas)

---------

Ashlynn shook her head to Trevor. "Nothing much. Only that the Careers might cause us trouble. A few others...they could probably kill us. But, the other Tributes. We could probably kill them. Maybe. Other than that, I don't know." Ashlynn stared at the ground as she spoke, but looked up into Trevor's eyes. "What about you? Learn anything interesting? Some secret code that defeats the other Tributes and ends the Games forever, I hope," she added, trying to bring humour to a serious conversation. Ashlynn didn't like serious conversations.

-----------

Erin glared at Manius as he left, angered by his words. She didn't trust him, and was clearly planning something. Erin didn't have the time to think about it at the moment, though. She had to go with him to put on a ridiculous costume for a ridiculous purpose. Erin brushed her hands through her hair and walked towards the table. Angrily and violently, she tore the knife from the mahogany ((heh...)) table and threw it against the wall. Erin took a deep breath and left the same way as Manius.

((And sorry for the delayed response. This was supposed to be posted yesterday, but for reasons unknown to me, the post wasn't...posted.))

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
(District 10 is Livestock. I remember briefly glimpsing in the first movie a pair of Tributes in flashy cowboy hats in one of the chariots. In the second book, the District 10 Victor-Tributes were described as being "dressed like cows with flaming belts." So, you could do something Western-inspired, or something inspired by materials derived from animals).

-------------------

"I guess we should be grateful to wear your designs... before we die!" Vashe said sarcastically. The assistants were taking her measurements. "So, you wanna know a little about me, huh?" she groused. "Okay... My family works a slaughterhouse. I know everything you did and did not want to know about butchering a cow. We only ever got to keep the toughest cuts and the parts you people don't wanna eat despite all the hard work we do to put steak on your plate. I also turned eighteen this year and just one reaping away from being exempt from this little dog and pony show, but, guess what? Here I am. Better me than some poor young girl, I guess, though I'm here with the boy.

"I also don't want to die, not really. I'm ready to, especially if it means someone else lives, but this whole thing is bullsh*t. Trust me, coming from where I come from, I know about bullsh*t. So, have fun with your career... I guess."

Vashe was pretty much glaring daggers at the "fashionista." She had been in the Capitol only a day and her patience with Capitol-folk had already run water-thin.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((*gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasp* THAT, IS MAHOGANY!))

Luke just kinda dazedly watched both his stylist and his District partner as they spoke, and didn't chime in until after Vashe's speech was all done. In a perfect contrast to her, he just calmly and casually said "Ah'm Luke."

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
"Watch your language, young lady!" Lollys snapped. "Here in the Capitol, we act like civilized human beings. And this "little dog and pony show" is my future. If you want to drop dead and die, go ahead. Just make sure you look fabulous! I will make sure you look fabulous. You say you're a butcher, though? Perfect! You will love what I have planned then!"

Lollys stepped back from the two tributes and stared at them with a wide grin. "Blood!" she exclaimed. "Well, not all blood, but you will be dressed as butchers covered in blood. You do wear those aprons, right? Oh, it doesn't matter. This idea is fantastic! No, not fantastic...This idea is Gold!" The woman chuckled to herself. "Imagine it! You will be scary, you will be intimidating. No tribute is going to want to fight you!"

(So sorry for such a delayed response. I honestly have no excuse for it and am deeply sorry)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Vashe rolled her eyes. "Yeah, we wear the aprons. Safety equipment, too in some sectors. A chainmail glove is pretty important. I suppose you'll wanna doll us up in that, too. Blood... I can't believe this! What more? A knife in each hand that we wave around and threaten the audience with?"

The young woman was clearly unimpressed. Then again, nothing this woman was going to do was going to impress her.

(I actually like that idea! Very shocking! Just the kind of thing that would happen for some up and coming want-to-shock-and-awe Capitol stylist.

-- For the record, my father was a retail / grocery store butcher when I was growing up. He had a chainmail glove that he wore on his left hand sometimes when cutting out steaks and stuff. He didn't wear it all the time, which is part of the reason why he has some deep scars on his hands).

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
"Chainmail gloves?" Lollys squealed. She turned to an assistant and snapped to him, "Why was I unaware of this!? Go now, get me some gloves....I'm thinking copper would look great on them. Go! Fetch them!" Once the assistant was gone, Lollys looked back to the tributes. "Thank you, darling. And for the knives...I highly doubt the Capitol would allow me to give you real knives. So I, being as brilliant as I am, have designed knives of glass. They aren't sharp, so don't even try to cut anything. But they are magnificent!

"Now," she said with a bright smile, "let's get you two dressed!"

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Luke never spoke during this whole conversation, he just stared at the flurrying fancy lady with a wary confusion in his eyes. He didn't know why she wanted them to dress up with blood, but he didn't like it. He didn't like blood. But it didn't look like she wanted to listen, so he just stayed quiet and went with it. She knew what she was doing, he didn't have to worry about this part. Even though he didn't like blood...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom