• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2024 Total Solar Eclipse (North America)

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
On Monday, April 8, 2024 a total solar eclipse will cross parts of North America. You can find more information about it here.

Will you be seeing this eclipse and have you had the chance to see a Total Solar Eclipse before? How was it?

---

I already had my trip to the US booked when I saw that my trip dates overlapped with this event. Since I've never seen a Total Solar Eclipse before (and since it is fairly rare) I plan to travel to the path of the eclipse to see it for myself. I'm really looking forward to seeing one for the first time as the opportunity does not come around often. Sydney will be having one in 2028 which I hope to see but the next one in Sydney after that won't be until 2858. We can probably say I won't be around for 2858 so let's hope the weather holds out for me next month and in 2028!

DarthCreeper10

mowing my life away
ZD Champion
On Monday, April 8, 2024 a total solar eclipse will cross parts of North America. You can find more information about it here.

Will you be seeing this eclipse and have you had the chance to see a Total Solar Eclipse before? How was it?

---

I already had my trip to the US booked when I saw that my trip dates overlapped with this event. Since I've never seen a Total Solar Eclipse before (and since it is fairly rare) I plan to travel to the path of the eclipse to see it for myself. I'm really looking forward to seeing one for the first time as the opportunity does not come around often. Sydney will be having one in 2028 which I hope to see but the next one in Sydney after that won't be until 2858. We can probably say I won't be around for 2858 so let's hope the weather holds out for me next month and in 2028!
mm I didn't know that there would be one but I'll definitely go see it.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'm not lucky enough to be in the path of the total eclipse, but it will be cool to see even the partial one. Feels like an event each time.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I saw the 2017 total solar eclipse.

I also was listening to Iron Maiden's song "Total Eclipse" and recently began my yearly rereading of Berserk.

Scientifically, we all know what's happening, but eclipse myths and stories about them make so much sense when you experience a total solar eclipse. Things get... weirdly quiet, and a chill occurs, and at totality, it's like day becomes night for a moment.

They're really cool, and we'll only experience a partial eclipse where I'm at.

If any of you are planning on seeing the total eclipse, I urge you to do so, because total solar eclipses are truly a one of a kind experience!

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I was able to see the 2017 solar eclipse in Nashville (very cool experience) and plan on seeing this one as well! Will have to travel to Arkansas instead of Tennessee this time round though. :^^:
I went to Arkansas today! Hiked up a small mountain and got to see the total eclipse up there. It was awesome! Seeing the whole sun competely covered with my own two eyes without the glasses was such a cool experience. Of course, had to use em again once sunlight began to trickle through, hah, but those few minutes where everything was dark and you could just see a black circle in the sky with white light around it was just amazing. Very happy.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I ended up travelling to Cleveland, Ohio to see the totality. On the day we were a bit concerned cloud cover might spoil it but in the end it turned out totally fine and I could see 100% of the eclipse thankfully. The entire experience of the crowd and the atmosphere along with the stunning visual sight of the eclipse itself paired with the darkness and 360 degree sunrise-like view made the trek there totally worth it. Now I am looking forward to seeing one again in Sydney four years from now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom