• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dragon Quest XI Coming to Nintendo NX

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Well, we can tell multiple things from this announcement.
First is that the NX is comparable in power to the PS4
Second, that Nintendo is actually trying to win back third parties
Third, is RIP Wii U, it is going to have a terrible death of which it will get ignored by Nintendo.
Fourth, Zelda U is definitely going to be multiplat.
Fifth, if they can get SE about the idea of their console, it has to be a pretty good idea.
Sixth. That $300 we all payed for Wii U's could have very well been a waste of money.
In other words, things are looking absolutely fantastic for NX but absolutely terrible for Wii U.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Well, we can tell multiple things from this announcement.
First is that the NX is comparable in power to the PS4
Second, that Nintendo is actually trying to win back third parties
Third, is RIP Wii U, it is going to have a terrible death of which it will get ignored by Nintendo.
Fourth, Zelda U is definitely going to be multiplat.
Fifth, if they can get SE about the idea of their console, it has to be a pretty good idea.
Sixth. That $300 we all payed for Wii U's could have very well been a waste of money.
You think the NX will be backwards compatible to Wii U games?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
You think the NX will be backwards compatible to Wii U games?
If they truly meant their "third pillar strategy" then no. But I think they are lying through their teeth. So yeah, I think it will be backwards compatible.
That would still make Wii U games sell and provide a huge audience to these games. Especially if they keep updating games with DLC. Theoretically, if there could be no NX version of Zelda, it would just be BC. That would actually make me really happy to be honest.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
If they truly meant their "third pillar strategy" then no. But I think they are lying through their teeth. So yeah, I think it will be backwards compatible.
That would still make Wii U games sell and provide a huge audience to these games. Especially if they keep updating games with DLC. Theoretically, if there could be no NX version of Zelda, it would just be BC. That would actually make me really happy to be honest.
Maybe I should wait for the NX, I don't have a Wii U yet

I think it will be because Nintendo machines often have crap launch line-ups, i've always seen the backwards compatibility as being a way to make up for the lack of good software on release
That's true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I think it will be because Nintendo machines often have crap launch line-ups, i've always seen the backwards compatibility as being a way to make up for the lack of good software on release
From everything we have seen, it is clear that NX will have a really good lineup at launch.
I also want to state that the Wii had an excellent launch lineup too.
Anyway, let's think of what we know about.

NX is going to have Dragon Quest Xl, one of the biggest RPG's in the market(seeing SE's abrupt decision makes me think that FFXV could find it's way to NX too).

We know about a 3D Mario game. We know for a fact that they have been working on it since 3D World, and they also know what we want in that regard as well. That's a 3 year development cycle right there. They are going to have it ready for launch window.

We know about Zelda U, obviously it's going to come NX in some form, there is no denying it.

I mean, that is a pretty fantastic launch right there. Get marketing up there, get more third parties on board. This could be a huge success. I am very excited for what the NX holds.
As a Wii U owner however, this leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
i give zero ****s about the nx lineup. i'm not buying it. **** nintendo. **** their **** stopgap system that i was stupid enough to think they might actually try to support. asshats.

The most interesting thing to me about this news (if i overlook how much of a tombstone the wiiU now is) is that the same DQ game that is coming to NX is also coming to ps4...

The PS4 doesn't have any hardware gimmicks like the gamepad... so will the NX be gimmick free, or will DQ just not use them?

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
The most interesting thing to me about this news (if i overlook how much of a tombstone the wiiU now is) is that the same DQ game that is coming to NX is also coming to ps4...

The PS4 doesn't have any hardware gimmicks like the gamepad... so will the NX be gimmick free, or will DQ just not use them?
It might be gimmick free this time, who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom