• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia: Destructive Reawakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
To be honest, the inactiveness in the past few mafia games as bothered me. I know it's nothing I can control, but I want to play a game where everyone remains relatively active and contributes to the scum hunt. Is that too much to ask? Probably...
Thankfully we've got a ton of new players coming in it looks like. So hopefully that'll all change.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Well if mod kills are lenient that's all the more reason to look hard at inactive players.

The way I see it, the goal of Mafia is to catch out the Mafia in the thread when they slip up, and they can only slip up if they're talking in the first place. My view is that the best way to catch mafia is to make sure everyone in the thread contributes something meaningful each in-game day and threaten to vote for people who don't.

I'll give the thread about 12 hours for everyone to check in then start pressuring people. I'm also contributing to the thread by giving a promise of how I'll act - if I start disagreeing with what I said here to protect someone later you'll know that something's up.
The way I think is this:
Leave the inactives to the vig, while we have one at least. Then we don't have to worry about them and we can lynch people who will try and be helpful/fight back.
Overall your strategy seems good though. Welcome to ZD Mafia

Eoghan

Kasutony
Checking in for now. I don't feel justified in throwing votes around without any real intent (in my brief experience that never ended so well), so I'd like to wait until people have a chance to speak.

An inactive lynch on day one is generally the best option, I feel.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I never really like planning what to do wayyy ahead of time. It usually never follows through due to everyone's game plan, or lack of, getting in the way.

That said, inactives at this stage is never a good idea in my opinion. It's a good alternative later on when you can clearly see Mafia are hiding back when their numbers dwindle, but at the start of the game is usually when they're most active.

Diego

Donger King of leis
Oh.... I see how this...
Is that random vote at the beggining trying to be funny, or something? Or to establish you character as a crazy player... I guess? *slow clap*
Meh...

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
So this is my first time playing a game of Mafia. I'm not going to vote just yet simply because it's too early. I do feel like whoever stays inactive may be who I vote for, from what I've read Mafia tend to be quiet, but then again sometimes they try blending in like a townie.

Diego

Donger King of leis
Are you trying to be funny and crazy?
Nope, I'm seriously... I don't know... surprised?
I mean, I know my way around Mafia, and 10/10 times those who try to be funny and "OMG I'm so crazy, u cant read me scrub! lolololol" usually are either very sad people who try to stand up because their game style is quite lacking, or else they are hiding something that's not Town.

Thanks babe.
face-throwing-a-kiss.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom