• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U Will Be Better Than Elder Scroll Skyrim?

this is so cool i asked my dad if he thinks the next zelda game will be good and he said it will be an open world like skyrim and guess what when i asked if he thinks it will be better he said he does. so everyone this is going to make skyrim cheerleaders a bit scared that zelda will overtake it in coolness even my brother is scared and im glad he is because zelda is a cool game and they are all cool games in the zelda group.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Both exist within different genres so it's always going to be hard to objectively determine which is better.

I think Skyrim is a great game, but I don't believe it's the single greatest open world game to ever grace the gaming industry, as a lot of fans seem to think. For me it falls short of every 3D Zelda game if I were to personally rate them. Given this new installment carries on in the same vain of it's predecessors, then it would obviously surpass Skyrim. As I said though, hard to judge at this moment in time, but I think Zelda games just have that certain special charm that other games just don't seem to match.

Last edited:
yes yes yes yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees you are right, zelda is just so much cooler. my dad and you now think so i hope you dont mind but i am going to show people this just so they believe me

Fig

The Altruist
I'm not going to lie, I did enjoy Skyrim quite a lot when my friend lend it to me a couple of years ago. The game has a lot of detail and content that the game, at least to me, felt never ending. That said, it's quite difficult to compare two different genres of games that have view similarities. In fact, I still remember the whole "Skyrim vs Skyward Sword" argument which lasted longer than it should have and was only started simply because the two games had the word "sky" in their names. Content wise, Skyrim has the upper edge compared to Zelda. That said I think if it wasn't for Zelda, Skyrim wouldn't have existed simply because in terms of an open-world, Zelda did this first since the very first Zelda game. Not to mention Zelda just has that charm and replay value that always makes me return to play for me even when I finish the game where as with Skyrim once you did everything the game offers, there's really nothing better to do than just roam around the map or delete your file and start anew at least from my viewpoint. Perhaps Skyrim is better than the handheld Zelda games, but the 3D Zelda will usually if not always have the advantage compared to Skyrim. Zelda just has that special mix between adventure, plot, and everything between that not many video games have so if I were to judge the two series, Zelda and Elder Scrolls, very critically I would personally would pick Zelda for its charm and replay value.

Simply because the Wii U is more powerful compared to the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3, I do believe that an open-world combined with non-linearity will give Zelda U the advantage compared to Skyrim. The technology by comparison has improved so it would make sense that Zelda U will do better than Skyrim, but it's too early to answer that question and thus we have to wait until more information about the game is revealed.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Almost definitely. Skyrim was a good, arguably great game, but it was released in a disgracefully unfinished form, and where it aimed for streamlining, it wound up casualizing. Nearly every Zelda game is better, so I highly doubt this new one won't be.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
So many things would have to go wrong for it not to be better than Skyrim...

Although it is easy to compare the two, both Zelda and Skyrim are two totally different games. That being said, I LOVED Skyrim. It had so much detail and freedom, and it felt so alive. I don't know if I loved it more than the 3D Zeldas, but then again, you can only really compare them subjectively. We'll have to wait and see what this new Zelda has to offer in terms of open-world game play, because Zelda games just have a certain charm to them, and strong open-world game play would only make it that much more enjoyable.

D

Deleted member 14134

I imagine both will be very close and it'll come down to preference. I don't think fans of Skyrim are going to be worried if Zelda ends up being "better". They're going to enjoy their game just like Zelda fans will enjoy their game. I also think it's too early to say which will be better when all we've seen is a 30 second trailer for the game.

Also, you're starting to sound like abit of a troll.

Last edited by a moderator:

.X.

Two threads with the same subject? What is your fixation on Zelda vs Skyrim? They are completely different games.

I was wondering the same thing. lol

They are two different games aiming at two different audience types. Mature and Everyone. Everyone can decide to play Zelda, and some will pick up Skyrim. Some people might get both and enjoy both for what these games are good at.

i am going to tell you now these are the same talk of games but not the same subject of games one is about skyrim not being so cool and the other is about skyward sword being cooler than skyrim.
i am going to tell you now i have done some very hard reserch and i have found that zelda is twenty times cooler than skyrim i dont care what my brother says because he is nasty and selfish like my stupid sister so it doesnt matter what they say and i think my brother has been tellin people here that skyward sword isnt cool dont believe him because it is cool

Dan

i am going to tell you now i asked my mum who is the overall authority of video games and she said skyrim will be better so it is cooler!

D

Deleted member 14134

i am going to tell you now i asked my mum who is the overall authority of video games and she said skyrim will be better so it is cooler!

noooooo nono i tell you let me tell u i talk to cousin of me who is shown by my great uncle on the internet by teleavision that zelda is bettererer than the elder skyrim and so my brother best frind stepgrandmother say that the zelda is the. better of the game because you fight with ze shield and ze bow at one insteed of the blu ice bom majik hand"

Last edited by a moderator:

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I'd join in on the fun, but my phone has autocorrect. My phone must be Kitsu or something. Fun police...

Anyways, it's obvious that this thread is going nowhere. Zelda and Skyrim are two entirely different games, both of which are barely comparable. For starters, the Skyrim Historia makes much more sense than the Hyrule Historia. Secondly, Zelda ripped Skyrim off by having Lizalfos which are CLEARLY Argonians.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Almost definitely. Skyrim was a good, arguably great game, but it was released in a disgracefully unfinished form, and where it aimed for streamlining, it wound up casualizing. Nearly every Zelda game is better, so I highly doubt this new one won't be.

It was released in a perfect form. It just wouldn't be right without the occasional flying rotating spider popping up in the overworld, or a random sword dropping from the sky.

i am going to tell you now these are the same talk of games but not the same subject of games one is about skyrim not being so cool and the other is about skyward sword being cooler than skyrim.
i am going to tell you now i have done some very hard reserch and i have found that zelda is twenty times cooler than skyrim i dont care what my brother says because he is nasty and selfish like my stupid sister so it doesnt matter what they say and i think my brother has been tellin people here that skyward sword isnt cool dont believe him because it is cool

Skyward sword is no way as cool as Skyrim is. TP is cooler than skyrim but not SS. SS is still cool but not as cool as skyrim or Twilight princess. That said with Zelda U coming out with its open world which Aounuma san compares to the size of Kyoto, it's gonna be allot cooler than Skyrim or any other game out there. When it releases it will be THE coolest game out there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom