• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Some Weird Stuff You Believed in As a Child?

When I was a kid I had a big imagination and I was a huge dinosaur lover. One time when we went to Knotts I went on the dinosaur ride and got to pick a souvenir and I chose an egg that said it had a dinosaur inside. I got all excited thinking it was real so I made a "nest" out a strawberry container and easter grass and put it under a lamp to hatch. Imagine my dismay when the stupid thing began melting and I realized it was a chocolate egg with a gummy dino in it. :rolleyes: That's pretty bad. :lol:

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I always believed in the tooth fairy when I was younger, so when I got my tooth pulled out on some dentist appointments, I got excited and when I got home I placed my tooth under my pillow. When I found that the tooth didn't change into money, I said to my sister that the tooth fairy wasn't ready yet because she laughed at me on how silly I was. So as the years go by, I kept believing in her until I gave up trying to place my tooth under my pillow because she never comes to me.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I don't think I had any major beliefs as a child, (aside from standard stuff like Santa and whatnot- but I figured that out), But, SOMEHOW, I managed to convince myself for about two weeks, that there was a poo-monster in the back bathroom. (master bedroom bathroom) I don't know WHY, or how, but I think my over-active imagination kicked in and I sat down and thought "what if there was a poo monster, that wanted to eat my butt, living in this toilet?" and I started getting paranoid. But after about a week or two, I realized how ridiculous it was, and tossed the thought out of my head. xD

Mind you, I was very young.

キラ

Yo!
That I could be anything I wanted to be. Ha.

But in all seriousness, my brothers used to tell me that I was adopted, and my real parents were the Frog Faces that lived in the sewers. That was meeeeean! I believed it at one time.

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
I had believed that the digestive system had two entrances. One for liquid, and one for solids. I thought that if you could get liquid in the solid entrance and solid in the liquid entrance. I also believed that it would kill you. I was terrified of Ice, and icecream.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Like many kids I believed in fantasies like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, God, etc. Like Isaac above, I also used to think that liquids and solids traveled down two different "pipes", haha.

I also thought that my toys came to life when I wasn't in my room (thanks Toy Story).

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Batman said:
I also thought that my toys came to life when I wasn't in my room (thanks Toy Story).

159.gif

I still think that all my food has a party everytime I close the fridge door!

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
When I was little, I thought "pregnant" was a cuss word, trees wanted to eat me (especially during car rides after dark), and a shadow made by one of the dining room curtains was a monster. Surprisingly, I never believed in a single fairy-tale. Strange.

Fig

The Altruist
One weird thing that I always thought as a child was that somehow I believed that my local Target was an actual Nintendo store/warehouse. Due to the fact that Target and Nintendo at the time shared the same color scheme and the fact that I was always interested in video games, I really thought that I lived next to a Nintendo store. Interesting enough, everyone back at elementary school had that same thought about Target. :xd:

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Up until about age seven was convinced there were people plotting to kidnap me. I even went as far doubling back over my tracks in the snow and dragging my feet in dirt to keep the phantom kidnappers from seeing distinguishable tracks (and other stuff I saw in movies)

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
The steady state infinite universe model, cats were aliens, christianity, Astrology, and a wide variety of pseudological things that were accepted as "common wisdom" by many people I knew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom