• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xbox One Announced!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
JC is right, we can't let our "ahmg hate m$1o1ne" completely blind our eyes. While we may be the "sensible" people, there are loads more who WILl buy the XboxOne out of blind love, and they will fuel this thing. There's no telling how successful it'll be, but it's damn for sure that it WILL be successful even in spite of the many cons they've spouted.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
>Implying someone's opinion will change my views

I've seen it already and this guy is just as biased as many other people, to be honest I feel a lot of the hate comes from people biased towards Microsoft as a company and next gen console gaming in general. Of course some things were slightly disappointing (mainly BC) but this console so far seems fine, 15 "new" exclusives already confirmed within its first year... Well that's already one huge improvement on the Wii U, no one can predict how successful this console will be just yet, we have only seen a preview of the console alone. We will get a bigger picture at E3and more importantly when it's released.

How's it biased? I find his points to be valid.

You might be the biased one, sir. ;)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
How's it biased? I find his points to be valid.

You might be the biased one, sir. ;)
Explain how my view is "biased" I'm looking at the console from a perfect neutral perspective, people are already declaring this console for failure which is ludicrous, or completely bashing the console on, what we currently no little of.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Explain how my view is "biased" I'm looking at the console from a perfect neutral perspective, people are already declaring this console for failure which is ludicrous, or completely bashing the console on, what we currently no little of.

Ok, may I misinterpreted.

I don't feel like I'm being biased either. From what I've heard about the console I think "Why? This is bull****."

I'm just not impressed.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ok, may I misinterpreted.

I don't feel like I'm being biased either. From what I've heard about the console I think "Why? This is bull****."

I'm just not impressed.
Yeah that's fine, disappointment is natural, I was mainly referring to a previous comment that I was replying to.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
500 GB HD- $70
8 GB ram sticks- $70
Blu-ray disk drive- $100
Kinect- $120
just on parts(and Kinect 2.0 probably would cost more than Kinect) we come to a total of $360
to make a 70% profit off of the system we will add $252
add labor fees of maybe $150-200 and we get a grand total of $762-$812........... and that's not including the cost of the wireless, HDMI, USB ports, and the controller. This thing is gonna be expensive

ILU

i luv u
When I was veeeeery little, my daddy used to say "ONE DAY YOUR GAME CONSOLE AND COMPUTER WILL BE ONE!", and excluding PC-gaming, it's true! Personally, I'm very excited.

I love the features. It comes with the kinect needed for voice and all that stuff, and so I'm SURE there will be a future release with said kinect built right into the console. It's not ugly, it's an x-BOX. A *box*. I mean, really. The designs across current systems aren't THAT different in appearance. It's fine. I am VERY excited that I can have a real use for SmartGlass. I am going to love being able to Skype with people on my friend's list and simultaneously watch a movie or something. I like all the built-in media options. YES, we had these options before, but they were clunky and awkward. With the XONE, it seems to be fluid and easy to control and multitask. Like a phone. Which is great.

Voice commands are actually nice to have. I'm sure there is an option to disable them for those who dislike them. I'm excited to not have to plug in my webcam and mic all the time. And that price point on EB/GS? It's JUST a place-holder. Take it from an employee. We had the Wii U at $999 when it was first announced, and the Aus. site had the Wii U around $600. It's just a number put into the system so that they are able to take preorders.

I personally think this is great. How can I NOT be impressed? The technology across all the new systems lately is very, VERY impressive. I can't wait for that day when there is a system that has ALL of it!

The best part of all of this is all the new exclusives. I am *SO* happy about that. I bought my Wii U at launch and it's just sitting there like the waste of money it is. I should have waited until a game I wanted for it was released. I'm excited for the XONE and will definitely be purchasing it, but probably not at launch. I know good and well that there will be a nicely priced bundle waiting for me soon after it's released, and that is when I'll get it. And hey, I might even fall back in love with Call of Duty. ^_^

500 GB HD- $70
8 GB ram sticks- $70
Blu-ray disk drive- $100
Kinect- $120
just on parts(and Kinect 2.0 probably would cost more than Kinect) we come to a total of $360
to make a 70% profit off of the system we will add $252
add labor fees of maybe $150-200 and we get a grand total of $762-$812........... and that's not including the cost of the wireless, HDMI, USB ports, and the controller. This thing is gonna be expensive

Just want to point out that Microsoft will NOT pay the same prices for hardware as normal consumers would. They acquire partnerships/deal/contracts with various companies and pay a price based on sales history, future sales estimations, and company-history relations. As well as many other factors that affect what they are charged.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
But this is the Australian "estimated" price. Not American which will be much cheaper.
When the Playstation 3 launched in Australia it was $999... Not a place holder, it was the actual price.

Similarly it was $600 launch date in US, and we all know that Sony had to remove PS2 BC. But the XONE is definitely stronger than PS3. It will definitely cost more unless M$ is selling at a loss.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Just want to point out that Microsoft will NOT pay the same prices for hardware as normal consumers would. They acquire partnerships/deal/contracts with various companies and pay a price based on sales history, future sales estimations, and company-history relations. As well as many other factors that affect what they are charged.

Ok, knock about 150 off and we still have a system that costs at least $600. the parts companies still need money too so they aren't going to be way too much cheaper for Microsoft. That's still a lot and this is without knowing the full parts list

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ok, knock about 150 off and we still have a system that costs at least $600. the parts companies still need money too so they aren't going to be way too much cheaper for Microsoft. That's still a lot and this is without knowing the full parts list
v @ LD74

We don't even know the full extent of XONE's hardware, it will cost a crap ton of money an M$ knows they will have to sell at a loss. Unfortunately for them, they released a slew of uninviting news regarding the system so it will have a lot of trouble getting off the ground unless these 15 "new" exclusives are damn good.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
i can do so much for 900$. i can buy a wii U with some games

Too bad there aren't any.

@jimmy's pic

Is there any word on if Xbox 360 controllers will work with XboxOne? The deisgns look pretty similar and if I recall correctly, Xbox Original controllers worked with Xbox 360?

Off course they won't work on the Xbox 1, after all why else would you buy 1 to 4 new 60 dollar controllers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Implying someone's opinion will change my views

I've seen it already and this guy is just as biased as many other people, to be honest I feel a lot of the hate comes from people biased towards Microsoft as a company and next gen console gaming in general. Of course some things were slightly disappointing (mainly BC) but this console so far seems fine, 15 "new" exclusives already confirmed within its first year... Well that's already one huge improvement on the Wii U, no one can predict how successful this console will be just yet, we have only seen a preview of the console alone. We will get a bigger picture at E3and more importantly when it's released.

Angry Joe was primarily an Xbox/ PC gamer. So he's not just some hater.

JC is right, we can't let our "ahmg hate m$1o1ne" completely blind our eyes. While we may be the "sensible" people, there are loads more who WILl buy the XboxOne out of blind love, and they will fuel this thing. There's no telling how successful it'll be, but it's damn for sure that it WILL be successful even in spite of the many cons they've spouted.

Exactly some of us see some geuninely bad choices that are leading the gaming market in the wrong direction, and we as consumers can only influence that direction by not buying something. We're not trying to hate on microsoft, we see some very bad business pracitices, and are trying to both protect fellow consumers, as well as doing our best to make sure microsoft looses money on it. If they loose money on it, they'll know they did wrong and we don't wanna put up with that 1 game per account license buying BS. Or the always on Spycam. Or the Required internet. Thats so unrealisitc to require it.

THEY CANNOT TO BE ALLOWED SUCCESSFUL ON THIS! WE NEED TO SPEAK WITH OUR LACK OF MONEY FOR THEM.

Now if they changes this stuff before the console hits market, then maybe i'll consider changing my mind, but as long as the unneeded/ unwanted BS stands, so does my lack of willingness to pay for it.

Last edited:
Too bad there aren't any.

their are games that intrest me that are on the wii U. Lego city, Batman: Arkham City, mario bros u. super smash bros, pikmin 3, Legend of zelda. and much more. true some are on other systems, but my money is limited so i have to choose my system wisely. so their are games on the WII U for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom