• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Bring Back Young Link!!! Majora's Mask Style!!

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
I just wanted to get more people to back me on this. What happened to Young Link?? He was the best and most badass little kid I could ever ask to control in any video game. Toon Link was kewl in Windwaker, but he's been over done. Bring back a real-looking Young Link like we saw in Majora's Mask and OoT. Maybe we will see a Link to the Past remade in the style of OoT in which we see young link again! I can only dream! I'm not saying I want Young Link to look the same... but I do want him to be awesome and real looking! and If they do remake A link to the Past the way I am picturing it in my head than I pray it is dark-hearted like Twilight Princess.

What are your thoughts???

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
Ummm... I guess I'm neutral on it. The only time that I thought young Link was "******" was in Majora's Mask.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I do agree that we should have the MM-style Young Link back , both his demeanor and the awesome feats he pulled off. Young Link, despite being well young, managed to be very much an adult. I would say this is due to his prior knowledge as the Hero of Time, but beyond that he was just a great character. He helped as many people as he could despite the twisted dangers that awaited him. He was a character who was desperate for a friend but still aided others despite his own circumstances. Above all, he was a nameless hero.

I hope the next Link can be somewhat like him. xD

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I'm afraid Young Link is gone. Not like completely gone, but grown-up. Young Link has had it's good times in OoT, MM, WW, etc. I could imagine Young Link returning to a Zelda game. Link can't always be Young Link. He has to grow up. Unless Nintendo decided there was too much Young Link on most games, that they probably decided to make Link all grown up.

Young Link is a very interesting character, but Link's young days must be over. Link can't stay young forever. I'm pretty sure some of us miss him, but we can't do anything about that.

I do agree that Young Link should return once more. He can surely pack a punch with his magnificent maneuvers with his sword. His Kokiri shield is the recognizable item in the Zelda games. Which I do miss that shield:3

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
Link has seen more adult games than he has young/kid games. And also I was suggesting that "Toon Link" and "Young Link" are too entirely different characters.

LOL everytime I play through OoT I let my sheild get burned ASAP so that I can go shieldless! And I only use Deku Sticks instead of my Sword and then as an Adult I use everything but my sword. =P

Last edited:
I would love to play as young link in the next game. I liked the world better as young link in OoT but the dungeons were better in the adult time. Everything is more cheerful and interesting to explore as a child.

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
I agree! but even in MM he was just a kid taking on the falling sky! When we see Young Link he's not an adult and he's not in a happy situation. He is faced with problems not just what his adventure entails, but other issues that are not really explained but felt. The whole point of Zelda I believe was that you are not just some adult saving the world and the princess... you're a kid trying his hardest to be a hero despite your size! Kinda reminds me of Lord of the Rings a bit!

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
If they do bring him back, that would kinda destroy shipping. People would pair him up anyway, but realistically saying, 8/9/10 year olds tend to think kissing is gross/the opposite gender has cooties. It's Skyward Sword's fault! Because of it, I now dislike seeing him as a lonely bachelor. Let him enjoy his love life...

But yeah. I wouldnt mind seeing him again.

I just wanted to get more people to back me on this. What happened to Young Link?? He was the best and most badass little kid I could ever ask to control in any video game. Toon Link was kewl in Windwaker, but he's been over done. Bring back a real-looking Young Link like we saw in Majora's Mask and OoT. Maybe we will see a Link to the Past remade in the style of OoT in which we see young link again! I can only dream! I'm not saying I want Young Link to look the same... but I do want him to be awesome and real looking! and If they do remake A link to the Past the way I am picturing it in my head than I pray it is dark-hearted like Twilight Princess.

What are your thoughts???

I agree with much of what you say. I do feel as if Link's appearance from The Wind Waker was recycled one too many times (six games, and who knows what the future will bring?). I think that image is done for now, but we were in desperate need of a divergence. Young Link has different qualities than adult Link, such as being incredibly mature yet underestimated by most people he comes across because of his size and age. What I'd really like to see is another "realistic" Link in a similar vein to Majora's Mask, as you said. Not a cel-shaded or watercolor interpretation of him, but a fairly realistic portrayal. It's been ages since we've seen it in an original Zelda game - it's been at least twelve years since Majora's Mask.

What I'd actually like to see is a Link in his young teens (13 or 14), which hasn't been done before to my knowledge except for perhaps the Link from ALttP, LA, and OoX. It makes him strong enough to handle heavier weaponry and armor, old enough for the "shipping" Dragoncat mentioned (should fans venture that far, which historically they do), yet young enough to provide a different story experience than adult Link can offer. I generally prefer adult Link over young Link, but I'd like a temporary change in design. Let's see a younger Link that isn't distorted by various artistic expressions.

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
I fully agree! Teen Link FTW!!! He's got the looks, the hormones, and the power of Youth! (To quote Guy Sensei) And it's original. And I appreciate the "artsy" side of link, but lets get back to when link was hardcore! I mean they don't even count your deaths anymore... Thats just too soft-hearted I think!

I fully agree! Teen Link FTW!!! He's got the looks, the hormones, and the power of Youth! (To quote Guy Sensei) And it's original. And I appreciate the "artsy" side of link, but lets get back to when link was hardcore! I mean they don't even count your deaths anymore... Thats just too soft-hearted I think!

The moment you mentioned Guy-sensei, I couldn't help but imagine his twinkle-smile and his voice. Forever burned into my memory....

Yeah, it's time for another fairly realistic Link who interacts with the world in a bit of a more tangible, believable way than his surreal counterparts as of late. I would love for cel-shaded Link to return, but let's just...wait awhile. Let's bring an old idea to the front again and see what modern technology can do with it.

13/14 is a good age. Still too young to be...doing things that would result in kids having kids, but not too young to show an interest in girls. Shippers would be happy.

When did they ever count deaths though?

If you've ever played some of the earlier Zelda games (Ocarina of Time, Link's Awakening, etc.), you may have noticed a strange three-digit number on your save file information every time you chose it from the File Select screen (you know, where it displays your current Heart Containers and Quest Items and whatnot, and pressing A loads that file?). The three-digit number is actually a counter of how many times you've died in that file, so you can see your skill pick up as you replay the game. I hadn't paid much attention to it, but I don't recall those death counters appearing in more-recent games like Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword, so I believe caleb11roy is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom