• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Favorite Gaming Series Other Than Zelda and Pokemon?

S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

Well the title is pretty self-explanatory, and sorry if a thread like this was made before.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Super Smash Brothers! That series has evolved so many times in only three games, and it still bears loads of room for expansion. One feature I think would make it better would be if it featured characters from other gaming companies. They did this with Sonic, even if Nintendo and SEGA are basically affiliated, but I'd love to see more major characters appear as guests from time to time. :)

Super Smash Bros. The original was great but short and shallow. Melee was a great expansion but still with some glitches and balancing issues. Though better than Melee, Brawl still had online issues and the broken Meta Knight. Here is hoping for a masterful fourth installment!

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well Zelda is a given and no, I'm not a fan of Michael Vickemon. So don't assume we all are.

Halo would have to be one of my favorite series of all time. What's not to love? You have an amazing kick *** protagonist, the man of a few words, the immovable tank, the one man army, Master Chief. The story is great, the universe is massive, the environments are rich, and the characters are awesome. The first Halo game revolutionized gaming that spawned many imitators and Halo 2 started a trend that has become so popular til this day, online gaming. After that, there's not much you can do after setting the standard for an FPS twice. So as the games continued they just kept improving on what's there and adding some great new innovations. Halo is certainly the greatest FPS of all time and one hell of a series. The main theme says it all.

Resident Evil is another one of my favorite series. Screw those who complain about the "tank" controls. They worked perfectly and are what made Resident Evil what it is today. That's why they are used til this day, all it is is a new perspective. Resident Evil is so great because it showed us what a true survival horror game is made of. The surprises, the low ammo, the sounds, the music, they were all part of what made the games scary. The stories were good and they were all part of one giant plot with many unsolved mysterious to keep us talking about the game even when we weren't playing it. They gave us a variety of characters to play as throughout the series so it won't go stale. Then comes Resident Evil 4 and 5. The action oriented games, personally, I enjoyed them a lot. It was different yeah, but it was still Resident Evil. The stories were still great and the characters now became more likeable and the game is just a whole lot more intense. It's still a fantastic series even after 15 years.

Then there's Gears of War. This series is just a lot of fun. The story is dark and deep, the characters are funny, likable, and just fun to watch, the gameplay is very innovative and encourages teamwork, the head shots and executions are very satisfying, horde mode is a blast, and it also introduced me to some of my favorite weapons like the Lancer and the Hammer of Dawn. The locust are also very hateable and are part of the reason the game can be emotional at times. That, and because the characters are just that likeable that you wouldn't want tragedy striking them(as if sinking the world and turning it to ashes wasn't enough). Gears of War is a very unique series with great music and great story telling that makes you care for it's characters. You think Duke was cool, say hello to the Gears.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Resident Evil, Call of Duty, Smash Bros, Kingdom Hearts, KIRBY...

RE is just flat out amazing. The best horror game series I've ever played, infinitely great story, and it has REBECCA AND BARRY, the two most awesome characters EVER! Of course, that doesn't include Chris, Leon, Jill, and none other than Albert Wesker...
If I would play any game for a story, it'd be Resident Evil. If I'd play any game for shooting, it'd be Resident Evil. If I would play any game for an arcade shooter-like minigame, IT'D BE RESIDENT EVIL (more specifically, RE5Gold for Mercs Reunion).

CoD is my side series for the awesome graphics and the gratitude of being able to shoot the heck outta people. Violent? Yes. Fun? YES. If I had a PC, I'd play CoD as well as Counter Strike.

Smash Bros is just awesome because of what it is. A Nintendo beat-em-up with many possibilities and combinations behind it (:

Kirby. Super tough pink puff. 'nuff said.

MW7

For me it's Zelda way out in front, but the second spot is very close. Mario would have to be my second favorite series followed closely by Donkey Kong (specifically the DKC series but DK 64 is one of my favorites as well). Next would be Banjo Kazooie, then Hitman, then James Bond, then probably mario kart and super smash brothers.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
A toss up between three, well two series and one one-shot game.

Okami is pretty much a given since it, and its sequel, are really the only two games that really stand out as having drawn me into the story. I felt a connection to the characters, heck I even cried over the certain tail-end scenes in both of the games. I have yet to play another game that really puts me into the position where I feel the need to emote in the same way that the characters do.

Rayman was my childhood series. I grew up with that limbless guy and still re-play the games to this day. I'm pretty sure I even have the four animated TV episodes hanging around on my laptop. Needless to say i'm eagerly awaiting Origins; it'll be nice to have a game which doesn't revolve around a whole bunch on mini games.

The one-shot game has to be Psychonauts. It had a humour which really made me laugh at times, a terribly dark sense of humour at times but that's what i'm accustomed to. The characters were unique within their own rights, it's been a while since i've played a game with that much colour involved, and it's got a nice control system once you've got it down. Difficulty really spikes at the end but I feel like I have to let the game off on that matter simply because it didn't frustrate me up until that point.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
The Metroid series is definitely my favourite series after Zelda. It's only natural too, because both series share a similar gameplay style. I generally like the higher difficulty and darker atmosphere that Metroid has to offer compared to Zelda. I also like it that quite a few of the Metroid games are non-linear, which makes the games very replayable. I can't count how many times I've played Super Metroid, for example, discovering new things to sequence break!

Its hard to say,my favorite serie has always been Zelda and I never though about a second favorite,but here's my top:

Metroid
Kingdom Hearts
Final Fantasy
Super Mario
Sonic the Hedgehog

these series have pretty much the bests games I've ever played like Super Mario 64,Sonic adventure 2,Final Fantasy VII,Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep and Super Metroid,there are alot of good series,but these series are the top of the top

Ganon0075

Ganon, King of Douchness.
I adore many series of video games.

This is my list of other series I like besides The Legend of Zelda & Pokemon:
Assassin's Creed.
Banjo-Kazooie.
Call of Duty.
Castlevania.
Crash Bandicoot.
Devil May Cry.
Donkey Kong.
Dragon Quest.
Final Fantasy.
Frogger.
Gears of War.
God of War.
Grand Theft Auto.
Gran Turismo.
Guitar Hero.
Halo.
Harry Potter.
Jak & Daxter.
Kingdom Hearts.
Kirby.
Lemmings.
Mario.
Mega Man.
Megami Tensei. (Current obsession)
Metal Gear.
Metroid.
Monster Hunter.
Monster Rancher.
Prince of Persia.
Ratchet & Clank.
Raving Rabbids.
Rayman.
Sly Cooper.
Sonic The Hedgehog.
Spyro The Dragon.
Star Fox.
Super Smash Bros.
Tales.
The Elder Scrolls.
Ty The Tasmanian Tiger.

I adore many series of video games.

This is my list of other series I like besides The Legend of Zelda & Pokemon:
Assassin's Creed.
Banjo-Kazooie.
Call of Duty.
Castlevania.
Crash Bandicoot.
Devil May Cry.
Donkey Kong.
Dragon Quest.
Final Fantasy.
Frogger.
Gears of War.
God of War.
Grand Theft Auto.
Gran Turismo.
Guitar Hero.
Halo.
Harry Potter.
Jak & Daxter.
Kingdom Hearts.
Kirby.
Lemmings.
Mario.
Mega Man.
Megami Tensei. (Current obsession)
Metal Gear.
Metroid.
Monster Hunter.
Monster Rancher.
Prince of Persia.
Ratchet & Clank.
Raving Rabbids.
Rayman.
Sly Cooper.
Sonic The Hedgehog.
Spyro The Dragon.
Star Fox.
Super Smash Bros.
Tales.
The Elder Scrolls.
Ty The Tasmanian Tiger.

All quite popular franchises. The only one I've never heard of is the last one.

Like a lot of you, Zelda is by far my favorite series. My three favorite individual games ever are OoT, MM, and ALttP. As for other series, I really like Mass Effect. It's just an amazing combination of RPG leveling, great shooter gameplay, player choice, and an engrossing story. I've replayed both of those games several times just to see how my choices pan out. After ME would probably be Final Fantasy, but I'm not a huge fan of the newer ones. FF6 is my favorite, it had so many awesome characters that all fought so differently that if I needed something different, I could just change my party and it was like a completely different game. Pokemon's up there too, Gold/Silver were the best IMO.

I have a couple.

Metroid: My favourite so far being Prime, I love the games atmosphere and exploration, even though I suck at it. :/

Half Life: Also very atmospheric, this is in my opinion, my favourite FPS. It's a pity noone else on ZD has played it. (to my knowlage)

Assassin's Creed: IMO the best stealth game. I love how it manages to have fast paced action and still be a stealth game. The parkour is sick too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom