• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Think Skyward Sword Will Screw Up Our Timelines?

S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

Every time there is a new zelda game, odds are you are gonna have to completely redo the awesome and logical timeline you made how do you think skyward sword will do this? If you saw the commercial of skyward swrod with link getting the triforce odds are that messed up your timelines already.

S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

Considerig they already said it is before Ocarina of Time... I don't think it'll screw it up. Rather than fussing with "whens", it'll make for different "whys".

Point, but I'm still confused why link gets the triforce in SS then years later gets it again in OoT, I hope this is explained in the game somehow.

Well we are going to get a huge retcon detailing the creation of the Master Sword. And I'm sure other details will be changed...

S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

Because it isn't the same Link. Because the prior passes on, and thus the Triforce is no longer his.
I thought whenever someone gets the triforce they become eternal and are reborn every few hundred years.

The Triforce split in Ocarina because Ganondorf was the one who touched it. He had an impure heart and the Triforce split. For quite some time the Triforce remained that way. Whenever it splits it seems that it needs to be reunited again in order for it to be whole. It's obvious that there's a lot of spoiler things floating around in many threads so I may avoid the forums for a while until it dies down... I've already seen too much and I don't want to know anything else until I play the game.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
This game was designed with the timeline theory in mind, Which is the reason developers have specified many times that it will fill in some blanks. But I'm thinking the contrary, That SS will actually make the timeline easier to understand. The reason being for this is that it comes first, But there is always a chance for plot-holes that don't make sense but I'm thinking that SS will actually retcon a few things.

So no, I don't think the timeline will get more confusing.. Unless the game creates two timelines like OoT.

I laugh so much at people who think the reincarnation theory is true or that the timeline is true or blah blah
It's a literal LEGEND

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I laugh so much at people who think the reincarnation theory is true or that the timeline is true or blah blah
It's a literal LEGEND

"The arrogance is strong in this one.."

It's true, Auonoma has confirmed it..
Zelda & Link always reincarnate or are descendants of the previous Link & Zelda.. Ganon is always the same, There IS a split timeline and the developers have said that SS comes first in it..

Oh, You apparently haven't been around for long.. Welcome to ZD ;)

The games are stories told by unreliable narrators who wish for their cultures to be a part of fabled history and put their own cultures' spin on things, their values. I see no other explanation how something wildly different as Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks, Minish Cap, Majora's Mask, and LttP can all take place and why the landscape in Hyrule changes all the time.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
The games are stories told by unreliable narrators who wish for their cultures to be a part of fabled history and put their own cultures' spin on things,their values.

Let me stop you right there..
Unreliable narrators?..
It's a story told in the beginning of the games so that we know what's happening in the game, It's not like the developers will lie to us for no apparent reason.

I see no other explanation how something wildly different as Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks, Minish Cap, Majora's Mask, and LttP can all take place and why the landscape in Hyrule changes all the time.

Because..

1. The games you mentioned aren't in the same timeline..
2. A series of games dating back to the 80's having the same overworld would get quite old.. But the world is still called Hyrule, New Hyrule, Termina etc.
3. The other explanation (Something you are trying to ignore) is that those games are connected by a timeline..

And "In Aounoma we trust".. So I'm gonna take his word.. He basically hinted there is a timeline by saying that OoT splits it into two.
Believe what you want, There is in fact also a theory flying around (The one you may like) that everything is a legend, And that the games change because the consumers demand different things.. i.e Ganon kidnapping Zelda and stealing the triforce being modified over and over.

The games are stories told by unreliable narrators who wish for their cultures to be a part of fabled history and put their own cultures' spin on things, their values. I see no other explanation how something wildly different as Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks, Minish Cap, Majora's Mask, and LttP can all take place and why the landscape in Hyrule changes all the time.

The actual major landscape doesn't really change too much, but the details do, that's mostly for gameplay reasons. i mean come on. If we went through the same exact Hyrule for 25 years, every tree in the exact same place, wouldn't that get boring? You have to change things up a little in order to keep interest. Also, over thousands of years the geography will change inevitably, if not just a little bit. The developers have even created new lands for this purpose. Termina, New Hyrule, The Great Sea... It makes sense to some degree to have the land change here and there. The biggest qualm I have with them is the fact that they messed around with the forest location too much for it to make sense, but other than that, everything is in the same place and location. The fact that some of these legends reference other legends means that they can't be the same legend... so that rules out that theory. Yes Link at least is reincarnated whenever he's needed, but Zelda is happenstance at the time, considering every princess is named Zelda in this kingdom. Ganondorf is immortal due to his magical prowess and powers bestowed upon him by the Triforce of Power. Two legends can't have the same character reference his past and another hero, it wouldn't be a legend then but a history. Also... everyone seems to forget the major component of the entire series that makes things easier/harder at the same time. MAGIC!!!! This is a land filled with magic and many magical things happen all the time. This will cause some things to be unexplainable by logic. And in all reality there are a select few things that we're going to have to look at and be like it's a game... just go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom