• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia A: Pokémafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for this big post, and not being active. I'll read up in the morning and respond properly on this Jedizora and Elfen business. But I wanted to address Keyshe like she's been wanting me to:

@Axle,
For one thing there is a big difference between you and I. I didn't disappear when I was under suspicion and conveniently appear when the heats dissipated. Yeah you are busy a lot, but it was oddly convenient. That comment about you being gone was to THP on how it was a little odd she wasn't suspicious of you. Not something you needed to comment on. (If you really looked at my context you would have seen that.) Two: How can any of these be taken as not wanting a response but just stating something? :hmm: I actually linked to the posts that had the issues brought up in them... How about you go look at the last post where I voted for you this day, instead of making me re-post them for the third/fourth time? :puppy: Here: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...A-Pok%E9mafia-Game-Thread&p=292837#post292837
I'm simply pointing it out for reference, never said it was a major thing. I understand that that's the context, but I still thought it was worth bringing up that you threw it out there briefly twice. Since it was only twice, it wasn't major, but I've seen Mafia throw sneaky things in their posts so I brought it up. As always, I intend to play with my thoughts and suspicions posted, not keep them to myself. Keeping them to myself doesn't help anyone. Town gets places by discussing, even if it's an ultimately unimportant detail that we decide is so.

And again, sorry for missing them. Can't offer any explanation other than that I skimmed your posts and/or didn't have much of anything to say. I'll address any points in your links that I can really respond to. Several of them I actually did respond to, regardless if you're satisfied by my answers... I can't necessarily do much more there.

I would say this is key evidence and a real slip up... I NEVER said I thought he was suspicious on this. HE is saying it... How/why would he misunderstand my posts from addressing a confusion to me calling him scummy?! Those are two very different things... He is saying he's not being scummy with out him being called out...
*sigh* Look, if you're taking note of someone's post in this game, then chances are you're investigating it, and suggesting it might be scummy. Particularly if you want some kind of answer. I believe you mentioned the post where I said "Say what you like" several times, and you were clearly very interested in it. Unless you were just making conversation, the only assumption I can make upon something like that is that you find it scummy. It's not a slip-up, it's a natural assumption based on how this game is played.

I can safely say that if you criticize my or anyone's posts, I'll probably assume you either think it's scummy or that the post just sucks. :bleh:

He only looked scummy after the discussion started and on the HoM/Justeazy issue. Truth be told I have no idea why he was so snide, dismissive, and irritated with me not understanding his posts... and trying to get to the bottom of it. I was kind of hurt that he was doing that. To me there is no benefit for him to do that as town or even mafia really. Unless he is thinking he can intimated me away from even posting against him... ever. Which is poor planing. Last time he did this to me he was mafia, on something just as minor. The only thing that seemed scummy on our Oak-thing is in the last post to me.
Look, you've seen me as scum. I don't let myself stand out that much. Not that you have much reason to believe me on that because of WIFOM arguments. Either way, I was cranky Day 1, I'll admit that right off so we can put an end to the speculation on that. As I said, I guess I must have misspoken, and before you say I'm contradicting myself in saying that, let me clarify:

When I was accused of being contradictory, I didn't think I was. I was posting entirely frank and straightforward with what thoughts came to me, so I didn't see how I could have been. Both then and now, I still kind of think most of the "contradictions" were misunderstandings on your guys' part. Just because two statements seem in contradiction, doesn't mean they are. People are more complex, and their stated reasons do not always encompass the full reasons for their feelings on one matter or another. Couple that with the imperfection of the spoken language, and you can have people appear to contradict themselves when it's simply a matter of an inability to convey a concept properly.

Either way, even if you guys did misunderstand completely and it's not exactly my fault, it would be ignorant at this point in the game for me to continue to say I didn't misspeak in some fashion if so many people were confused and/or alarmed by it. I probably could have been clearer, but don't assume that every seemingly contradictory statement immediately must be so. You're reading too much into these things. I understand the concern that it's a slip-up on the part of the Mafia, but there's a serious risk into degrading into a sort of witchhunt with these kinds of things, especially with something like that.

You seem to be trying a little hard here to make a stronger presences. Are you getting a little uncomfortable with just three votes on you? You also are going after your accuser a little heavy handed, more then you need to to one persons early-game vote. Not a too long ago you were encouraging this voting behavior, but not if it's against you? Not a good town tactic. Sure you should put up a defense but an attack and discredit him as a player? He is newish but he is good player. Last time this was done was on me in One Piece mafia on VT and you were mafia... :/ In game 4 you were lighter on your accusers either saying that they were right to be suspicious or refuted poor logic. You were town then.
Well, I've already said this but... unless I'm mistaking the times that this was posted, and forgive me if that's true, but it was Day 1, I posted that when it was just Justeazy and the two votes before him. Those were RVS votes. Or... at least that's what I considered them to be, regardless of the voters' actual intentions. So more or less, what I posted was aimed strictly at Justeazy. And as I said, I was cranky. Thought my messages were damn clear, and that's part of the reason I got harsh on him. Yeah it matches my scum meta, but it also matches my town meta, in that I thought it was weird of Justeazy and thus I was calling him out on it, whether he was voting for me or not. If I thought someone else's post made sense and he was voting for it and calling them contradictory, I'd have reacted the same. I realize now that it might have been more of a real misunderstand or a fault on my part, but I reacted how I felt was appropriate at the time.

@Axle,
An RVS isn't a serious vote sure, but at the end of the day it's still a vote on the tally and can get you lynched. Don't go around pretending it isn't a vote. There were three votes on you when you went after Justeasy and threw a weak vote on HoM. You have mostly ignored my concerns and suspicions on you, still are. All the main points I've presented you've sidestepped...

1. Voted on a person who you had a weak case against(HoM), but only FOSed Justeasy when you presented an incriminating speculation and case that made it clear you are saying he is more scummy then HoM.

2. Became oddly aggressive and defensive when you got your first real vote. Weak as it was, it was contradictory of you to encouraging such behavior just before and would have be supportive of the same if it came from yourself. Such as your vote on HoM.
Over all you've been oddly aggressive with anyone who questions or is suspicious of you this game. If it wasn't for me and Justeasy having thicker skin you might have been able to scare everyone off and that is dangerous for the town. (If you are town you are not acting like it.)

3.When suspicions and contradictions were brought up by myself, you either have ignored, been evasive, or picked a small part out to change and control the discussion to where you wanted it to go.

4. When I had a confusion on something that had nothing to do with scum hunting, you came out of the blue saying it wasn't scummy. I had never accused or even brought up that it was scummy, just it didn't make sense.
Still, I'm not concerned about someone RVSing me, and I wouldn't have flipped out for that reason. Yeah it's still on the tally, but I always consider that it will be revoked. My point there still stands. I wasn't pretending anything. :?

1. I forget why I voted for HoM now. It probably was a weak reason, but it's Day 1. I said more about Justeazy because... well, there was just more to say about it. Quantity doesn't equal quality; I might have said more about him but I still didn't think he was as scummy as HoM. Despite my aggression towards him, I didn't think it was anything worth voting for yet.

2. Again, as I've said, I regarded it as a bull**** reason for voting for me, because I hadn't thought that I'd contradicted myself.

3. Okay, bolded, italicized and underlined so I can make sure that you and errbody reads it because I consider it important: Quoting entire block text posts and responding with block text posts is not fun. I don't intend to quote an entire argument. You can just assume that I've read it. I will respond to the points I have something to comment on. That's always how I operate and it's how I'm always going to. I actually recommend this in general, as it helps prevent block posts (like this one, unfortunately) which make the thread not fun to read. If something needs to be addressed in full, by all means do it; that's important. But when it's not necessary, time shouldn't be spent on it.

4. Already explained this one above. I assume any criticism is either an accusation of scummyness or of bad playing. There's probably some rare exceptions I'm not thinking of, but those are usually more obvious. Sorry if I misunderstood your intention either way, but that's my natural assumption. It's natural to me to move on if I just think the post was odd; I post and take note of the post when I find it unusual in a scummy way or think it represents an attitude that hurts the town.

Now, not to sound like I'm trying to get people to stop paying attention to me, but I'd really like to move on from this. If you don't want to lynch me right off, can you take note of it for later so we can hunt more definite scum? Part of the reason I've tried to avoid this issue is it became the main topic for Day 1, barring all other discussion, and I want to move on to fry bigger fish. Naturally, I claim to be town and I want to hunt some scum, which is what I've been trying to do in the meantime.

Again, I'll read up and post my thoughts on the current discussion tomorrow.

Any other votes on me?? In about a vote or so something awesome is gonna come out of my mouth :P And you all will be in shock 0:

And I'll be all "Don't care, brah. Still going to vote for you anyway." 0:. There is only one thing that could convince me not to vote for you, but we'll just have to wait and see if you produce that wildcard or not.

You see Elfen, the problem with you is that you play in such a way that you're dangerous to everyone, no matter what side you are affiliated with. Even if you're excuses were true, it doesn't mean that I don't want you dead due to the confusion you cause.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Love how you just HAD to throw in patronizing snottiness in there Axle :dry: I will be getting back to you but I only have time to make one small post before going off to work.

I'd like to bring this up. Make sure you guys are voting for Elfen for the right reasons... I mean look he has a claim right? He also was the first (and not only one to bring up his wincon is different) while jdenicholls was first and only to say his matches up? Scum would not come out and say my wincon is different especially first. They would say their's is the same :/

People are ignoring jdenicholls's wincon claim and also paying attention only to Elfen's when others have come out and said it's different too. Okay Elfen posts scummy right, if that's what your gut really says and the FACTs do add up, alright. Though I think I'm seeing behavior by you six voting on him that seems like you aren't thinking or reading :/

A do not believe he forgot his vote does not carry over from the past day, he had played enough games to know that. Two He has gone inactive since there was a mild discussion about his behavior (might not be related.) He also kinda blew up either at being caught in scummy behavior or him playing poorly by carrying a vendetta at Jo. http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...A-Pok%E9mafia-Game-Thread&p=293942#post293942
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...ia-Game-Thread&p=294029&viewfull=1#post294029
Since then he has been ignoring me. Jdenicholls has been voting and going after Jedizora when he has this post (to me suggests he may have known his Jedi's allegiance already) http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...ia-Game-Thread&p=298421&viewfull=1#post298421 adding that with this too http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...ia-Game-Thread&p=299671&viewfull=1#post299671 Elfen, I, Austin and Bay don't have this wincon.

My vote's going to stay on Jedizora for the moment for that I'm at odds with that he but up such a fight on giving anything out, even answering questions and old accusations (which is all I wanted T_T), plus is voting on his accusers, and this business with Jdenicholls's wincon isn't clear yet. If there is anyone else that has matching wincons with jdenicholls's and Jedizora now would be the time to come out and say it, other wise jdenicholls is lying.

Keyshe To Durion said:
Though this post of yours make me think a little. Are you really familiar with Paul's character and Pokemon? Or is it kinda obvious who it would be to most people who play the games? (anyone else reading this can you guys give your input) Thought I should ask before I start having more paranoid speculations going rampant in my head. :/
This was also directed at Durion and the town to answer a question. Seemed to me there was a small possibility that he knew too much about the killer. I knew this could simply be me not knowing Pokemon as much as others that's why I asked :/

Love how you just HAD to throw in patronizing snottiness in there Axle :dry: I will be getting back to you but I only have time to make one small post before going off to work.
There was actually none of that in my post. If it came off as such, I apologize, but I was being entirely straightforward. This would probably be a good example of a reason why I automatically blamed you guys for considering my posts contradictions: You gleaned a meaning or intention that I didn't intend. Might still be my fault for the way I spoke, but that's not something I can realize right off the bat.

Still haven't had the opportunity to read. I'll try to read in-between my sessions of scraping rust off yard tools today.

EBWODP:
I'd like to bring this up. Make sure you guys are voting for Elfen for the right reasons... I mean look he has a claim right? He also was the first (and not only one to bring up his wincon is different) while jdenicholls was first and only to say his matches up? Scum would not come out and say my wincon is different especially first. They would say their's is the same :/

People are ignoring jdenicholls's wincon claim and also paying attention only to Elfen's when others have come out and said it's different too. Okay Elfen posts scummy right, if that's what your gut really says and the FACTs do add up, alright. Though I think I'm seeing behavior by you six voting on him that seems like you aren't thinking or reading :/
Quoting this because it sounds like something I'd be saying. I don't know the exact details of the situation; still reading. But this is almost an echo of some of my Day 2 statements. The reasons I've seen for voting off Elfen seemed poor to me. Extremely poor.

I almost might vote for Elfen myself purely because he's become too much of a distraction, but realistically he's only become so because you guys have gotten uppity about his posts. I can understand lynching him for one reason or another; in past games I've lynched him purely because we can't tell for certain. But in the presence of better lynches (Jedizora), that sort of thing is not where the majority of your attention should be because that's both his town and scum behavior. Yes, scummy behavior is still scummy and can still hurt the town, but I remember that at least on Day 2, no one was citing those as their actual reasons for voting for him.

Not saying don't vote for Elfen, saying vote for an actual reason!

Last edited:

Djinn

and Tonic
Also, you claimed when you had only 3 votes on you. you where not close to a lynch(Well claiming wincon) So why did you post your wincon when you where 8 votes away(or 7 idk) from being lynched??

Actually I think three votes are significant enough to make most people nervous. A bandwagon was quickly starting up.

AHEM!!!!! Im a him not a her >.>
Then that means Ky did give people different wincons ._.
Yes, if you are a different party from jedizora you would have a different wincon. I do not see how it could be any different for people on the same side. However I also cannot see just why any mafia would actually come right out and say their wincon is different like that. This leaves me wondering just what kind of tactic is being employed here.

Any other votes on me?? In about a vote or so something awesome is gonna come out of my mouth :P And you all will be in shock 0:
You see, this is exactly the type of behavior that causes people to want to vote for you. This statement was made for no other reason than to throw people off and cause confusion. This is understood to be a scum tactic and does nothing but waste time, it tells us nothing and gains more attention on you for making it.

I do not quite like the idea of voting someone off because they provide too much confusion and might be a wild card. Earlier I did vote for him but his playing style was brought up which caused me to go look at his performance in previous games and they do match up. That is why I unvoted at the time. Simply being a wildcard is not enough of a reason to vote him off in my opinion, I have little reason to believe he is scum right now. Just a very confusing player.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Jedizora said:
Fine then. "You win when the tyranny that is corrupting the Johto and Kanto regions is put to an end." Ky, if you gave everyone different wincons, I shall..Never play in a game modded by you before? Gah, I can't do anything to you.

I actually have the same wincon as him...I don't know what you guys will think of it, but I wanted to say it.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
... I dont think people should claim any more of their winconcs if tis the same or different... Cause i see a scenario that can be bad...

Kirino

Tatakae
I'm keeping my vote on Elfen. Along with the evidence I voted him for in the first place, he is dangerous and confuses the town. I do believe he's mafia, but even if he is town, he's sure not helping us. And I still don't believe his claim.

Djinn

and Tonic
... I dont think people should claim any more of their winconcs if tis the same or different... Cause i see a scenario that can be bad...

Not that it matters as much, I believe everyone will say they are pro town in some way or another. Asking for wincons is a slightly better method for getting someone to slip up and say something they should not have.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
Not that it matters as much, I believe everyone will say they are pro town in some way or another. Asking for wincons is a slightly better method for getting someone to slip up and say something they should not have.

Think about it for a second... If people start to say its differnent or the same, it seems kind of obvious to why it is. Just think about it.

This was also directed at Durion and the town to answer a question. Seemed to me there was a small possibility that he knew too much about the killer. I knew this could simply be me not knowing Pokemon as much as others that's why I asked :/

I'm pretty sure I made a post explaining how I came to the conclusion that the 3rd Party is Paul. :\

Jedizora

:right:
Okay, seems we can't really trust Wincons in my opinion. seems that some of us have my wincon, others have different wincons that may or may not be the same. I bet ky did this with color. In other words, ky wants us to scumhunt. I still think that Elfen is very scummy. Seems to be wanting to hurt the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom