• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 3: Link's Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
I don't think that a changed meaning can be a RANDOM Voting Stage vote. If there ever was a meaning, and you changed it, the reason is gone but I was still chosen, not randomly. Now, if you used random.org AFTER realizing that I didn't opinionate on RVS and it choose my number that would be a different thing. But that being said, we've already moved on from that point and it is useless debating it further.
Well then, care to give more reason why you voted for GG beside the admitting to hating to RVS
I think he did well enough, if you were paying attention.
Look. I have now decided that anyone that argueses against RVS, is most likely scum.
If any one has anything bad to say about RVSing, tell me so I can add you to my list of scum.
Although I don't agree with his opinion, his conclusion is that anyone against the random voting is scum, therefore in his disliking of RVS, GG is "scum" to jedi. Not really any hidden meaning.

EBWODP
I don't think that a changed meaning can be a RANDOM Voting Stage vote. If there ever was a meaning, and you changed it, the reason is gone but I was still chosen, not randomly. Now, if you used random.org AFTER realizing that I didn't opinionate on RVS and it choose my number that would be a different thing. But that being said, we've already moved on from that point and it is useless debating it further.
Because, after all, he was shown his misunderstanding and apologized for it. I do believe it's a simple mistake made in the beginning, not like he said "even though you never spoke against the RVS I still think you're scum" or something.

I do find it odd that Jedizora has already voted for three different people today (physical day). Plus he has not shown much evidence and changed his reasoning around with his first vote.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D

I think he did well enough, if you were paying attention.

Although I don't agree with his opinion, his conclusion is that anyone against the random voting is scum, therefore in his disliking of RVS, GG is "scum" to jedi. Not really any hidden meaning.

EBWODP Because, after all, he was shown his misunderstanding and apologized for it. I do believe it's a simple mistake made in the beginning, not like he said "even though you never spoke against the RVS I still think you're scum" or something.

who is this directed to me or jedi

tecknokid900

All Hail Yhtomit!
Wow....I vote earlier today and come back to find 80 posts waiting for me....took me awhile to read, but I am starting to understand how to play. Can anyone tell me what EBWODP means?

Edit By Way Of Double Post

If you make two posts back to back it merges them together and says the post was edited. You put that at the beginning of the second post so that people don't think you edited your post, which is against the rules.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
"EBWODP" means, basically, Edit By Way Of Double Post.

The forums, to prevent the same person taking up all the space, will automatically edit your own messages into themselves if you post multiple times in a row. Since editing isn't allowed, you put that so if someone reads it, then notices it changes, they know you double-posted and didn't edit yourself, which isn't allowed.

There's a thread with all the acronyms we use here, I'll have to go find the link.

EBWODP (perfect example right here)

It's this thread: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?9715-Mafia-(Game

List:
Basic Commonly Used Abbreviations/Words
AtE: Appeal to Emotion
BWCS: Best Worst Case Scenario
EBWOP or EBWODP: Edit By Way Of (Double) Post
IoA: Information over Analysis
IwA: Information with Analysis
IGMEOY: I've Got My Eye On You
ISTR: I Seem To Remember
FoS: Finger of Suspicion (When you are not sure enough to vote, use the vote format for this, ie. FoS: Player X)
RVS: Random Voting Stage (usually occurs during the beginning where people vote at random)
Scum: Mafia or anyone else bad (Serial Killer)

Also, you'll see a lot with "EBWODP" at the top instead of somewhere in the middle. That usually happens when, between the time of starting your double post and posting it, someone else has posted without you seeing (ninja'd (like you just did to me on the explaination, Gonzo)).

Elfen

Wow....I vote earlier today and come back to find 80 posts waiting for me....took me awhile to read, but I am starting to understand how to play. Can anyone tell me what EBWODP means?

Didn;t you vote for me?? Also if you did, can you give your reason why?

EBWODP

Also. Mod.. Vote count??

tecknokid900

All Hail Yhtomit!
Didn;t you vote for me?? Also if you did, can you give your reason why?

EBWODP

Also. Mod.. Vote count??
sure...you seemed to immediately Post a vote without saying much of "hey guys! I hope we have fun!"........and If that seems wrong of me I terribly sorry, But i'm keeping to my vote for now.

Djinn

and Tonic
I think it might still be a bit too early to start throwing lynch votes around. Even for a random voting stage. In fact randomly lynching someone does not seem productive at all, since there is too big a possibility that a townie is being lynched.

I have not seen enough suspicious activity from anyone so far. Just one or two strange things.

Elfen

I think it might still be a bit too early to start throwing lynch votes around. Even for a random voting stage. In fact randomly lynching someone does not seem productive at all, since there is too big a possibility that a townie is being lynched.

I have not seen enough suspicious activity from anyone so far. Just one or two strange things.

Thats why I do not like RVS. So what, you are neutral party or anti party for RVS

green goron

Best of the Gorons
Accusing yourself of Scum? Suspisous. Not really. But I got my Eye on you.

I didn't accuse myself of being scum I just said that I don't like RVS

I am pro RVS.
Unvote
Vote: Green Goron.
He has admitted to hating RVSing.

So since I don't like RVS means I'm scum. Durion opposed it and turned out to be townie

I try to show the ZD communtiy that votes can be used a lot, and I have gotten the feeling that most of you think that votes are preciousy things, and I should stop in case I might get a townie. I'm trying to let you people know that we ned to get things done, or else we lose, and the mafia wins. Everyone I've voted for has good eveidance, to.

EBTWODP
And you would know that how? Prehaps HoM has let them PM, or set up a mafia quickthred. Only a mafia, and HoM would know.

Actually, you voted on very little evidence and most of it had to do with RVS. Also in the last game Bay set up a mafia quicktopic that they could discuss during the day and night. You shoud know since you were in the last game.

Some people like RVS and others don't. That has nothing to do with their role and being scum. Elfen opposes RVS yet he did it himself which seems a bit out there but I want to see this 'new playstyle' he is talking about. Jedizora has been too wishy washy with his votes and automatically assumes people who don't like RVS are scum.

FoS:Elfen
Vote:jedizora

Jedizora

:right:
I don't assume that. Even if they are townies, they are still the best hint I have. I was trying to help the town, and i think RVSing is a great way to do it.

Elfen

I didn't accuse myself of being scum I just said that I don't like RVS

So since I don't like RVS means I'm scum. Durion opposed it and turned out to be townie

Actually, you voted on very little evidence and most of it had to do with RVS. Also in the last game Bay set up a mafia quicktopic that they could discuss during the day and night. You shoud know since you were in the last game.

Some people like RVS and others don't. That has nothing to do with their role and being scum. Elfen opposes RVS yet he did it himself which seems a bit out there but I want to see this 'new playstyle' he is talking about. Jedizora has been too wishy washy with his votes and automatically assumes people who don't like RVS are scum.

FoS:Elfen
Vote:jedizora

All to great points, but If I don't have any other suspicions near the end of the day, I will vote for Jedi, due to he is my first person I suspect, or got on to. But, I am making a 74 in biology, And I am identifying flowers.. rather boring, already found and pressed them,due friday. Come on people post T_T I don't wanna be bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom