• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kaepora Gaebora True Identity in OoT...???

Kaepora Gaebora is said by a Gossip Stone that he is the incarnation of a Sage, the only sage I could think about was Rauru however when the owl tells Link that he didn't believe on the tale of a boy who could travel in time that created somewhat of a plothole, since Rauru is the one who sent Link to the future, also since the sages in OoT are named after towns in AoL I tought of the only city that doesn't has a character name, Kasuto, a sage that lost its body and is forced to be an owl, however another Gossip Stone said that he is lighthearted culd be a reference to light Rauru element, what do you thinl?

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
There may be sages in Skyward Sword, which might explain it. Other than that, the Gossip Stone saying he is the incarnation of a sage may just be a lazy explanation as to why Kaepora Gaebora knows so much. Assuming, of course, that Sages are generally wise and knowledgeable and whatnot.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
The gossip stones say that he is a reincarnation of an ancient sage. Since Rauru is the only sage that was one of the Ancient Sages in OoT, it's very possible that he is Kaepora Gaebora. Also, when Link woke up after the seven years had passed, Rauru already knew his name.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Hmm. I think it could be Rauru if he projected himself out like Ganon did with Agahnim. So maybe he did that to help Link.

The gossip stones say that he is a reincarnation of an ancient sage. Since Rauru is the only sage that was one of the Ancient Sages in OoT, it's very possible that he is Kaepora Gaebora. Also, when Link woke up after the seven years had passed, Rauru already knew his name.

I like this theory. But would Rauru really have to have met Link before he became an adult? I mean he is an ancient sage, so wouldn't he have that kind of knowledge?

Alex Arbiter

That Random Guy
Like some, I do believe that the owl is Rauru since most of the sages have a physical appearance in Hyrule and I think the owl is how Rauru is presented outside of the Sacred Realm

I like this theory. But would Rauru really have to have met Link before he became an adult? I mean he is an ancient sage, so wouldn't he have that kind of knowledge?

In the game the owl helps you a lot to get to the sacred realm, probably without him Link would never have met Zelda in OoT

In the game the owl helps you a lot to get to the sacred realm, probably without him Link would never have met Zelda in OoT

That isn't my point. I was saying that since Rauru is an ancient sage, I would expect that he would know Link's name without having to meet him.

That isn't my point. I was saying that since Rauru is an ancient sage, I would expect that he would know Link's name without having to meet him.

Well the other sages didn't knew Link's name when they met him as a child

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
It's on the tip of my tounge ,but I can't remember it. In OoT or maybe FSA Someone or Kaepora Gaebora says it that KG is the Owl Sage. Does this mean he's the Sage of owls or is this just stating KG is a Sage that's an Owl. In my opinion Kasuto is the Eastern Kakariko.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
I don't believe that Rauru is Kaepora Gaebora, to be reicarnated you have to dead anyway <.< I think he is some dead sage that isn't mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom