• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread CHAOS MAFIA VII- BUCK IN NEW YORK

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
Hapi I'm surprised you're having fun, to me you always seem extremely on edge lol :shrugs:

still, better to enjoy the game than not

I do want to apologize for being *****y in general that's not the way I play mafia or how I want to be perceived. It's been a bad time but I don't want to be the player I've been. I do still want to win though and still think you're scum but I'm tunneled so I'll reeval at some point.

molly-jinzhan.gif

But nah I'm having a ton of fun in game. I don't like being scum read for posting anime gifs it's essentially scum reading me for being myself. I'm the anime goddess of chaos like that's literally a nickname I have on my home site

Scum reading me for fluff is at least something I can understand and argue but I can't really argue against gif = bad. But I was so triggered by the time that claim came up that I just didn't want to engage you and that's on me and I'm sorry.

Others have though and I quoted it somewhere I will do it again if you want.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
Scum reading me for fluff is also bad in that fluff posting is NAI as **** for me but I do feel I posted a bit too much this game really especially early.

a'lana

cotton candy
Why is ExLight never elim?
1. Early talking about role

2. I think his treatment of my slot was super towny, when he thought I had contradicted myself he asked about it for me to explain rather than actually used it to tunnel me and I think he had every reason to vote me over Mongoose (and even though Mongoose flipped town I townread that in this particular scenario as my wagon only seemed that large just from the combination of plurality and people's vanity wagons)

a'lana

cotton candy
I don't think its ever both Fext and Hapi they are too tunneled and focused on only each other IMO.

I think Hapi might have been pocketed

I do think Fext's early townread on me for something he probably knows I can easily fakea sscum and then later calling Hapi scum for doing nothing but not having actually read.

If it hapi and fext then why would Fext try *not* to make an informed read of his teammate rather than decide to just to blind tunnel on her?

a'lana

cotton candy
Okay, so I read through KoD's ISO, and it really makes me think the next puzzle to solve is Fext/Hapi.

Hapi: I pushed Hapi somewhat, and looking back, KoD did a lot which indirectly defended her, in particular by attacking me for very reasonable things (such as asking to see some past games). This could be a WK situation where KoD is trying to pocket Hapi, but also very well could be a chainsaw defense. When I pushed KoD for thoughts on Hapi, they could not give anything of substance, and their ISO is devoid of any sort of criticality towards Hapi. I think nothing here rules out KoD/Hapi as a team, and in fact the ISO probably is slightly indicative of that team.

Fext: Now this is an interesting one. First off, for the lack of engagement that Fext had in the thread, their name does pop up quite a bit. KoD seems mildly critical of Fext the entire time, but interestingly, seems to never mention Fext alone, and always ties Fext to someone else (usually Alana, sometimes me). In particular, KoD often shades Fext, but always seems to focus more on Alana, and always wants Alana first. When I am scum, I sometimes specifically try to tie my scummates to a townie or two, in hopes that either 1. the townie goes over first, which actually helps clear my scummate because of worldbreaking, or 2. if in the worse case my scummate goes over, that townie is now a target. The insistance of always mentioning Fext with Alana, along with pushing Alana first really fits this, so again I think Fext is compatible with KoD, and the ISO does not look good for Fext.

Based off this, and generally how I'm feeling about others, it seems very likely that at least one of these two are scum. But now... the dilemma!

Fext vs Hapi: There seems to be quite a bit of tension brewing between these two, which would suggest not teamed. However, I'd like to posit a tinfoil theory that actually they could be. Fext's push on Hapi was not exactly great, and with Mongoose/Alana wagons relatively well-formed by then, Fext's push for Hapi near EoD1 I don't think put her in that much danger, and Hapi voting Fext there was just weird, and honestly doesn't jive with the idea that Hapi was townreading Alana at that point, since that actually could have gotten Alana killed. I wonder how much would have been made of Fext vs Hapi if I did not engage with Hapi about Fext's comment. Would they have continued to fight, or would that have been the end of it? It is possible that i pushed Hapi into committing to a stronger scumread of Fext than she really intended? Also, if Fext was really concerned about Hapi, I have a hard time thinking that Fext wouldn't be looking into their posts, but Fext seems to be doing everything in his power to avoid actually forming an informed read of Hapi. So, while I don't want to say this world is super likely, I think a Fext/Hapi world is not impossible.

It is very possible (honestly, likely if you ask me to take off my tinfoil hat for a second) that only one of Fext/Hapi are scum, and I think if I had to decide an elim right this second, it would definitely be Fext. If one of them does flip scum though, I don't think I'd rule the other out, even though it probably would be a point in their favor.

a'lana

cotton candy
idk fext also doesn't really strike me as a busser also (he never randed scum but I don't think he would)

a'lana

cotton candy
Oh no that is very wrong. I would have pushed Fext and I would continue to do so. And I will never stop pushing Fext until the end of time.

KoD potentially could be trying to pocket me he's well aware that it's easy to do. He failed though.
...But how did KoD fail? Didn't you defend him?

a'lana

cotton candy
without saying anything i can't, numbers died because he was going to kill fext and i wasn't ok with that.

Numbers' being the only one to respond to my question didn't result in him dying

I had nothing to do with the time warp
Wait did you kill him?

... I actually don't think Numbers was the mafia kill even in a world where Fext is mafia he seems too inactive to get the NK.

a'lana

cotton candy
Reaally my first thought were 'numbers wasn't the mafia kill' just because of how little content Numbers posted for him to be a threat to mafia.

Even if Fext is scum I don't think he would kill Numbers it would just look sus on him and Numbers could have been lynched IMO.

i don't have a read on fext he was just pretty sick so i thought it was rude to kill him

the missing hit is a reason to think that scum might have targeted numbers, although it could be explained via other means as well, such as a doc or a roleblock. I suspect that numbers would have perished regardless of scum's activities, whatever they were.
...numbers would have actually been cleared to me after KoD flipped but I don't blame you

Is the fact that Numbers responded to your roleclaim question having to do with his death?

RavenRaziel98

Yeah baby, I am the lizard king!
Sooo...
I hereby promise that I will vote from now on, no matter what. To be fair though, I thought I had time until Wednesday to firm my opinions and decide for a voting candidate.
That being said...
Tbf Fext did say he toqbread me multiple times so from my POV its not that weirds. Also I imagine maybe Fext of all people felt bad for my lynch as he is the main reason I signed up for this game.

I thought Hapi vanity voted Fext early but then Sean asked Exlight and Fext to vote Mongoose? I think Exlighy and Fext voted later than Hapi did.

I actually voted after deadline should have been called I am not sure if my vote even legally counted but the EoD times are ****ing confusing me
Fair enough.

without saying anything i can't, numbers died because he was going to kill fext and i wasn't ok with that.

Numbers' being the only one to respond to my question didn't result in him dying

I had nothing to do with the time warp
This could be wolf protecting wolf or using a justification to nk someone. Also let's keep in mind that Storm said the Night ended as soon as everyone submitted their action. I can't imagine scum holstering the first nk. The weird interaction shortly before leaves an odd taste in my mouth too.

I'm changing my mind about not pushing Ex I think.
Can someone explain why a bunch of people are clearing ExLight? I don't feel like he's had any interactions with KoD that make them unaligned and a quick skim of his ISO makes me feeling less good about him. Outside of his debate with me re:a'lana, his posts seem to consist of a bit of meta talk, a couple of term explanations, a vaguely explained Mongoose vote to protect a'lana (kinda concerning since he'd previously been pushing her and I don't feel he explains the switch), a jump on the KoD wagon and a buncha jokey fluff. By and large his posts do not do much to make him look particularly towny in my mind.
By any chance, do you think Ex' behavior is similar/identical to BDSP Mafia?

a'lana

cotton candy
?
i should also say i was expecting numbers to flip purple, although i believe he was town
??

I'm confused you didn't have a read on him yet you expected him to flip purple yet you now think he is town? I don't understand

a'lana

cotton candy
I just ooze towniness ig
I also just voted kod as soon as I saw your message so that gotta count for something considering I don't like to bus

although I'd probably bus kod if given the chance
I also don't like bussing

Why would you bus KoD if given the chance? I can maybe understand lmao but I'm curious why

a'lana

cotton candy
Exkight saying he doesn't bus makes me think he is even more likely to be town

The fact that he then admits that he might bus KoD makes me even more sure he is town, if scum bussed they would choose to keep quiet about this

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom