• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

I didn't see PK's vote when I typed this. I thought it'd be a threeway tie between Ex/PK/Storm, and I was willing to risk a host lynch for a 2/3 chance of killing a scumread, if it could mean my #1 choice for a kill was in the running as well.

This is crazy lol but smart! xD

I didn't see PK's vote when I typed this. I thought it'd be a threeway tie between Ex/PK/Storm, and I was willing to risk a host lynch for a 2/3 chance of killing a scumread, if it could mean my #1 choice for a kill was in the running as well.
I can respect that. Here I thought you were just lightning fast in responding to my vote!

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Votecount 1.12.

Storm
(3) - Ragnarokio, SoulAdvent, Paranoid King
ExLight (2) - Storm, Seanzie
Paranoid King (2) - 15377, DawningWinds
Not voting (6) - Laurentus, KoD, EchoLight, Mint Elv, Jinjo, Minish

Phase shortening (1) - Storm
Add Hammer Rules (3) - Seanzie, Ragnarokio, Storm

Phase ended on April 23rd, at 9:00:00 PM (GMT-3).
DEADLINE COUNTDOWN

===========

After a lengthy morning and afternoon, the 13 Players finally decided who their next target would be: Storm. Some participants had gathered around the fellow and finally assaulted the suspicious one as hard as they could.

To everyone's surprise, Storm was still standing after the rough beating. Puzzled looks faced each other. What could've happened?
With the last of their energy drained from the attempt, everybody agreed it was probably time to return back to their homes. After a brief farewell, all eccentric figures left to their own ways: some, of course, had lied about their destination.

During that Night, discussion continued through their phones, it was modern times after all. The thought of one of the colleagues typing on the screen with bloody fingerprints sent chills down to the spine of some folks.

===========

NIGHT 1 STARTS NOW

REMINDER THAT POSTING IN-THREAD DURING THE NIGHT WILL LOCK YOUR PERSONAL ACTIONS - BOTH ROLES AND ITEMS - ON YOUR CURRENT TARGETS.
IF YOU POST HERE BEFORE SUBMITTING A TARGET: IT WILL EITHER BE TREATED AS IF YOU DECIDED TO NOT USE YOUR ROLE OR A TARGET WILL BE PICKED AT RANDOM IF YOUR ROLE IS COMPULSORY.

Phase ends on April 25th, at 9:00:00 PM (GMT-3).
DEADLINE COUNTDOWN

Last edited:

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
THE MARKET IS NOW CLOSED! BUT...
THE AUCTION HOUSE IS NOW OPEN!

As you enter the fancy room, you see a bunch of people wearing masks. The environment feels surprisingly hostile.
On the podium, the host announces:

"Tonight, ladies and gentlemen, we have an authentic Police Officer Badge (1-shot Cop)! And anyone can get it tonight.
With that, you can target someone during the Night, and see their alignment! Ah, the luxury of having such power! Come one now, you can start bidding!"

1650759665271.png

Same deal folks, offers can be made in your role PMs or in the thread.
I'll update which one is the leading one every time I have the chance.

Last edited:
Hey, Storm's still alive. That's fun.

I'd guess they're either a slowpoke, so their death is delayed, or a pinata, so they can have the stuffing beaten out of them without falling apart. Or maybe they're something else that I can't think of.

Does anyone know what a Karateka is? The top result for me is an atari game, but that doesn't seem to be a character and I don't know what powers would come from that.

In regards to night stuff, I think the mafia kill is an action. If people take their actions and post quickly, mafia will be less able to plan out their kill based on the discussion in thread. I don't think it would be a good way to find mafia, because it means less action planning for townies and mafia can just choose their kills based on the day discussion. But I'm just brainstorming here.

Bid: Police Officer Badge: $1000

Actually, just thought of something. Let me place this bid before anyone bids secretly and I'll explain my thought process in a moment.

Does anyone know what a Karateka is? The top result for me is an atari game, but that doesn't seem to be a character and I don't know what powers would come from that.
A karateka is a practicioner of karate, I believe.

I'd guess they're either a slowpoke, so their death is delayed, or a pinata, so they can have the stuffing beaten out of them without falling apart. Or maybe they're something else that I can't think of.
These both make sense, yeah, none of the others strike me as something that would survive lynching with that flavour.

This police officer badge is a great item. The difficulty here comes in keeping track of it.
Town wants this item. It doesn't matter who gets it, it just matters that we know who has it. If mafia buys the badge, we lose track of it. Mafia also wants this item. But they don't want accountability for having the item. So they will bid secretly. But because I have bid all of my money on this item, if I don't end up with it, either Dawn or some other rich role bought it or mafia can share money. And if they buy it anyways, hey, mafia wasted $1001 on a useless item. It keeps the item from getting lost through a secret bid.

I know I'm not well trusted right now. So if I end up with the badge, I won't choose who to scan, I'll put it to a vote. Then I'll scan whoever is selected for the vote and let you know the result. At that point, killing me (or, hopefully, a scum scan), will validate the result. The hope is to keep this transparent and make it impossible for the badge to get lost.

I suppose a third option would be that mafia just kills me and gets rid of the item that way, but I hope I've got enough attention on me to avoid that.

I won't have any money after this, so I won't be buying anything for the foreseeable future, but hopefully this will keep things transparent.

either Dawn or some other rich role bought it
I can't shop, this includes in the auction house.
And I'm sure as heck not turning down the three hundred dollars I get from you buying it because I want the cop, even if I think you're scum, sorry town.
As for another rich role, not sure what else might have more money by this point? I don't have the list memorized offhand but I don't think there are many roles that would have more money than started with so far.

mafia can share money
This is a possibility, I've considered it some. Not sure how likely it is.

I suppose a third option would be that mafia just kills me and gets rid of the item that way, but I hope I've got enough attention on me to avoid that.
To get rid of a cop? Unless they have a roleblockerish thing as an alternative to prevent you from using it, this is improbable.

I know I'm not well trusted right now. So if I end up with the badge, I won't choose who to scan, I'll put it to a vote. Then I'll scan whoever is selected for the vote and let you know the result. At that point, killing me (or, hopefully, a scum scan), will validate the result. The hope is to keep this transparent and make it impossible for the badge to get lost.
I do find this plan pretty townie, especially letting others choose the target for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom