• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I wonder if we will get a game from the previous Calamity.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
Ganondorf is sealed somewhere deep underground in BotW 2. How did he get there?

I wonder if we will get a game where we will actually have this rendition of Ganondorf more fleshed out as the main villain, and we get to play as Link in an incarnation 10,000 years before BotW in order to see how events played out and he gets sealed where he is.

Ganondorf does have a hole in his chest, similar to the hole in the chest that Ganondorf had in Twilight Princess. Perhaps this is the same incarnation of Ganondorf and it will be a weakpoint we can exploit in a final fight against Ganondorf in a potential prequel to Breath of the Wild?

RamboBambiBambo

Wrong timeline
Until Nintendo confirms a timeline placement for BotW, I think it is best to assume that at some point down the line some incarnation of Link manages to either accidentally or purposefully reunite the timelines. Hence why BotW has Rito, references to Twilight Princess, and other such games from the split timelines.

Either that, or BotW is somehow a sequel to Hyrule Warriors and thus takes place in an alternate reality timeline that doesn't exist in the main continuity. Given the time rifts of Hyrule Warriors, it would allow for such knowledge of concepts that have only been seen in one timeline or the next to be possibly known by the Royal Family and people of Hyrule.

RamboBambiBambo

Then tell me which timeline BotW exists in, because I have found no information that gives it a solid placement in any of the three timelines.

RamboBambiBambo

Can't be Downfall.

Ganondorf is stuck in his Beast Ganon form in that timeline.

OoT had him form into Beast Ganon during the final fight. In the Downfall Timeline, Ganon managed to defeat Link and take his portion of the Triforce and wrest away Zelda's portion as well.

In a desperate bid, she and the sages sealed Ganon into the Sacred Realm, which got corrupted into The Dark World over time by Ganon's evil. Eventually we have A Link to the Past take place.

Every appearance of Ganondorf in the Downfall Timeline, he is stuck in his Beast Ganon form.

BotW Ganondorf is very much Human, albeit mummified. Dark Beast Ganon exists as a puppet he controls made of malice that he wills to be whatever form he desires; similar to how Puppet Ganon was being controlled by Ganondorf in The Wind Waker.

RamboBambiBambo

They still cannot change the fact that it can't be the Downfall Timeline because Ganondorf is stuck in Beast Ganon form in that game. It would be more convincing to say BotW takes place in the Childhood or Adulthood timelines... or in a Reunified Timeline that Nintendo could reveal at some point in the future.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
reunification can't happen naturally because that would require similar events occurring on every timeline, which they didn't
someone had the idea that the timelines could converge upon someone's triforce wish but said person would need to be aware of other timelines existing and such an event would be so massive that I don't think nintendo would ever have it happen off screen and not mention it once in lore

RamboBambiBambo

reunification can't happen naturally because that would require similar events occurring on every timeline, which they didn't
someone had the idea that the timelines could converge upon someone's triforce wish but said person would need to be aware of other timelines existing and such an event would be so massive that I don't think nintendo would ever have it happen off screen and not mention it once in lore
Hence why we will get a game someday with a title of something like "The Legend of Zelda : A Link Across The Ages", where the villain's main goal would likely be to reunite time in order to control three armies of monsters rather than one. And due to the actions of Link, the timelines are merged but the villain is thwarted; resulting in a reunified timeline.

It is only a matter of time before Nintendo realizes that this should be done in order to give BotW a proper timeline placement, AND give players an interesting exploration of three different varying forms of Hyrule at one time.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
BotW Ganondorf is very much Human, albeit mummified. Dark Beast Ganon exists as a puppet he controls made of malice that he wills to be whatever form he desires; similar to how Puppet Ganon was being controlled by Ganondorf in The Wind Waker.
where's this info coming from

also just because he's seen as a beast in each downfall game doesn't mean his next
incarnation can't be human, at least nothing suggests otherwise

RamboBambiBambo

where's this info coming from

also just because he's seen as a beast in each downfall game doesn't mean his next
incarnation can't be human, at least nothing suggests otherwise
"Next Incarnation"

There is only one incarnation of Ganondorf. He doesn't reincarnate. His soul isn't immortal.
Every time you fight Ganondorf or Ganon, it is the same person. It is due to his possession of the Triforce that he lives an extremely long life up to his defeat in Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker.

After his defeat in A Link To The Past, every future encounter with him was made due to someone resurrecting him. Such as in the Oracles Linked Game where Twinrova managed to resurrect him, only for him to be a mad beast because they had a botched resurrection. A Link Between Worlds saw Yuga attempt to use his own body to contain Ganon, but he was corrupt and became a Rebis of sorts as a hybrid of both Yuga and Ganon. Then he somehow got resurrected once again, which led to The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II.

The only other time we get to see Beast Ganon is in Four Swords Adventures, where if memory serves me correctly; Vaati had resurrected Ganondorf but once again; botched the job.

My point is that he had lost his normal Gerudo Human form at the start of the Downfall Timeline. And given the fact that Ganondorf in BotW 2 is seen to have a Humanoid body, that means it is impossible for it to take place in the Downfall Timeline. The only way it could is if Ganon somehow got resurrected again after the events of Zelda II and then somehow regained his original form.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
"Next Incarnation"

There is only one incarnation of Ganondorf. He doesn't reincarnate. His soul isn't immortal.
Every time you fight Ganondorf or Ganon, it is the same person. It is due to his possession of the Triforce that he lives an extremely long life up to his defeat in Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker.

After his defeat in A Link To The Past, every future encounter with him was made due to someone resurrecting him. Such as in the Oracles Linked Game where Twinrova managed to resurrect him, only for him to be a mad beast because they had a botched resurrection. A Link Between Worlds saw Yuga attempt to use his own body to contain Ganon, but he was corrupt and became a Rebis of sorts as a hybrid of both Yuga and Ganon. Then he somehow got resurrected once again, which led to The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II.

The only other time we get to see Beast Ganon is in Four Swords Adventures, where if memory serves me correctly; Vaati had resurrected Ganondorf but once again; botched the job.
4a88b62c7ebd74167a99cf633ace7945.png

the source is stated to be taken from page 69 of hyrule historia, the screenshot though is from zelda wiki

I don't know how you keep getting this info, but the mater of the fact is that nintendo can come up w/ whatever reason to bring ganondorf back, the FSA example just shows that it is possible for him to reincarnate

Last edited:

RamboBambiBambo

4a88b62c7ebd74167a99cf633ace7945.png

the source is stated to be taken from page 69 of hyrule historia, the screenshot though is from zelda wiki

I don't know how you keep getting this info, but the mater of the fact is that nintendo can come up w/ whatever reason to bring ganondorf back, the FSA example just shows that it is possible for him to reincarnate
............Isn't Hyrule Historia considered to be "loose-canon"?

Like the timeline got edited in the Zelda Encyclopedia less than a decade later, and some of the information had been edited so....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom