• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Got permission to work fulltime in the mail delivery so I can say bye bye to the mail sorting department. Hubby already works fulltime at the delivery so we can leave at the same time and get home at the same time and I can start at a decent time instead of getting up at 4.30 am every damn morning!!

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
as a kid nobody told me not to eat them so i didnt know better
but then again ill eat orange/mango peel, melon rinds and pretty much all parts of everything so i think it's a me thing
my mom even grounded me from eating edamame for a while because i would always eat the shells and it made her really upset

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
as a kid nobody told me not to eat them so i didnt know better
but then again ill eat orange/mango peel, melon rinds and pretty much all parts of everything so i think it's a me thing
my mom even grounded me from eating edamame for a while because i would always eat the shells and it made her really upset

You really are a dog, huh?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I wish Starset didn't litter their new music with crispy jpeg synth fake djent midis to make their music sound "heavier." It doesn't sound heavy, it sounds muddy and oftentimes migraine-y, and really ruins the open spacey feel of their direction as a concept band.
Yeah I listened to some of their newest stuff and I wasn't too impressed. I did like their previous album, Divisions, though. This newer stuff doesn't sound like that though.

Yeah I listened to some of their newest stuff and I wasn't too impressed. I did like their previous album, Divisions, though. This newer stuff doesn't sound like that though.
Don't get me wrong; I still like their music and new releases, but it just lacks the same sort of heart that Transmissions and Vessels had. Maybe Divisions was called Divisions because it was supposed to be a departure, but it still just doesn't feel quite Starset to me. It's not a sound I dislike, but just... not one I really feel fits them. Their lyrical genius is still as top notch as ever though.

If you like Starset though, I do recommend giving Dustin's side project MNQN a listen. It's synth/retrowave project that runs parallel to the story of Starset. But it has some sounds I more closely associate with their work. Also, completely unrelated to them, there's an artist called Soul Extract that gives me very similar vibes. :goron:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom