• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Cryptid Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't really get the point of a no lie policy, but alright.
I will give $1 (imaginary) to the first person to give a read that is decently impressive and not bull****
Asking others to give reads while giving none yourself is suspicious, as it allows you to avoid scrutiny by not putting your own ideas out there, while being able to judge and criticize the ideas of others. In addition, the humorous tone of your post may be an attempt to mask this motive. Therefore, I find you suspicious.

Q.E.D. I demand $1.

So Im getting the Feeling Zinger is Scum. call it... a hunch
View attachment 45070

Asking others to give reads while giving none yourself is suspicious, as it allows you to avoid scrutiny by not putting your own ideas out there, while being able to judge and criticize the ideas of others. In addition, the humorous tone of your post may be an attempt to mask this motive. Therefore, I find you suspicious.

Q.E.D. I demand $1.

dollar denied for both of you

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I was asked by an anonymous player whether it is possible that there are multiples of roles in this game. Without revealing too much, I will confirm it is entirely possible for there be more than 1 of a role in this game, vanilla or otherwise.

Additionally there are approximately 29 hours left in Day 1.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I could kinda see scum SMS here. He has a lot of posts without saying much, and he had that weird sorta soft out of nowhere which could be a few things. And he's not really fighting back against votes like I feel town SMS might.

Not confident in that read though. Moe is probably my other suspect right now. The fact that he only has 14 posts and that's not even the top poster feels weird. Like maybe he's holding back to not get too much suspicion.

Vote: Moe

I could kinda see scum SMS here. He has a lot of posts without saying much, and he had that weird sorta soft out of nowhere which could be a few things. And he's not really fighting back against votes like I feel town SMS might.

Not confident in that read though. Moe is probably my other suspect right now. The fact that he only has 14 posts and that's not even the top poster feels weird. Like maybe he's holding back to not get too much suspicion.

what are these reads
how are these the best reads that have been posted but I also hate both of them (ok the SMS one is fine just let me have this schtick)

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff

I think you need to re-read, your evaluation of me doesn't quite line up with the facts right now. I tried pyring the people voting me for any reasoning they might have and got none. I'm currently under the impression that they either are joke votes, or later on in the day they'll say they are reactionary votes which I guess I get as a mean to start anything.

My soft should also blatantly obvioysly tell you why I might not exactly care much for the game. I'm as plain as plain can get, I have no fancy flavors here if you catch my drift.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Not going to lie, I think Sun is just playing up Zinger's no lie policy causing him panic so he has something to point to if he does things that don't typically make sense aa long as Zinger is alive. While it could be genuine, I can see him playing the card to get away with a lot as a wolf, so I dislike it.

Vote: TheSunFan

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I think you need to re-read, your evaluation of me doesn't quite line up with the facts right now. I tried pyring the people voting me for any reasoning they might have and got none. I'm currently under the impression that they either are joke votes, or later on in the day they'll say they are reactionary votes which I guess I get as a mean to start anything.

It does line up with the facts. You asked once (after posting other times between the votes and asking) and it felt so passive. That's what I meant. Also, why soft in the first place?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It does line up with the facts. You asked once (after posting other times between the votes and asking) and it felt so passive. That's what I meant. Also, why soft in the first place?
There is no point in aggressively going after them, they clearly have no reasoning besides just putting a vote somewhere, it's was too early to formulate solid reasoning to vote anyone at the point they voted me, it was obvious the soft was done light heartedly and the subsequent vote from Pancake felt like it was from a light hearted joking place too. Even Kirino said he didn't consider RVS over in a later post, perhaps the only serious vote is from Rag.

To answer the second question, no reason in particular, I did it at first as just a joke while we were still cracking jokes, I typically try to soft early if possible, especially if I have a role that has little consequence to the game.

Not going to lie, I think Sun is just playing up Zinger's no lie policy causing him panic so he has something to point to if he does things that don't typically make sense aa long as Zinger is alive. While it could be genuine, I can see him playing the card to get away with a lot as a wolf, so I dislike it.

bruh
doesn't that fit just about anything I do in the game?

like...
I've only made mention of the policy, I haven't even said whether or not I think Zinger is town or not (I have no clue)

I'm not really sure what nefarious deeds you think I'd be up to by simply making mention of and explaining the finer details of Zinger's policy

this post rubs me the wrong way
Care to elaborate why?

I agree in the sense that it seems kind of try hard, but I also have no experience playing with him, and I get the urge to want to move past the joke phase.
I don't like joke phases. Especially when the jokes are founded on meta-knowledge that I don't have because I don't generally play on ZD.

Vote: Zinger
I have a hunch that they're a wolf and plan on going through the game without lying
I'm confused, but okay. You're entitled to your hunches, I suppose.

Zinger has a meta of using a no-lie policy that dates back quite a long way

if you think he is scummy for saying he is not going to lie regardless of his alignment, know that this is an established meta thing that he is known for

so its not really something that you can correctly scum-read him on, since he (almost?) always does it
I've been using my NLP in about 95% of all mafia games I've played in for the past decade or more.

I can correctly scum read them independently of it being NAI and just act dumb
do they usually drop a no lie policy and peace out?
I've made one post. Is it normal for you to "correctly scum read" a player based of a single post? Especially one you're unfamiliar with? Cuz that's just... Well... Dumb, frankly.

Zinger's NLP technically allows him to lie about his alignment (directly or indirectly) and occasionally involves him telling half truths. For example, perhaps saying that his mafia kill is an investigative role (because it does reveal the alignment of the targeted player :V).

You can count on his statements to be true, even if they can be misleading, though, which gives you some basis to work with.
I mostly agree with this, though I would never call a kill ability an "investigative" role unless it straight up was a cop+vig merged role or something. Calling a killing role an investigative role would be pretty dang deceitful, I think.

You can count on me upholding the spirit of my NLP, not just the letter of it, because I honestly don't like lying, in games or in real life.

But yes, I do have an exception when it comes to alignment statements, to protect my allies if I have any.

Whoa! Is that possible!?
Even if your statements are NAI , What if some straight up asks questions like. "Did you kill him last night?"
It''s not only possible, I've won many games while upholding it. In your hypothetical example, assuming I did the killing and someone asks if I did the killing, I'd probably fess up and say I did the killing, maybe? I dunno, it would heavily depend on the circumstances. But Town Vig roles are a thing so... It's not an unreasonable claim.

I haven't really been in that specific circumstance before, so it's difficult for me to address exactly how I would handle it. But to give you an example, one time years ago I famously (or, perhaps INfamously) claimed a cop variant while I was a mafia rolename cop, and then I bused my mafia don claiming I investigated him and that I knew he was scum (both true, technically, even though my investigation of his role is not what granted me the knowledge of his alignment). This earned me a golden pair of town pants that I rode all the way to the end with a victory for the scum team (I was the last mafia standing). So, that'll give you an idea as to what would be possible if I were mafia in this game.

I don't like lying, and I like being called a liar even less. The "point" is for no other reason than to uphold my personal values while playing the game, and also to avoid being triggered by being called a liar as much as possible. That's it, that's all. Nothing more to it than that.

While I don't disagree with your premise or your vote on Sun, I will attest that Sun Fan expressed STRONG objections fundamentally to my NLP to me in private while I ran A Spider-Man Mafia 3. I, therefore, think his reaction is NAI, but you make a good point that a scum SunFan *could* use that as an excuse to misbehave later.

TL;DR Above I responded to a bunch of statements about me that you probably don't need to read unless you're one of the people I am responding to. Sorry for the wall of text.

With the number of hours on Day 1 dwindling, I'll admit I don't have any strong leads. I will say that Moe being "convince" he's pegged me as scum after I made a very short introductory post that was not at all unlike any other introductory post I make in almost every game I play in seems a very opportunistic attempt to grasp at straws at best. With little else to go on, I'll probably throw my vote his way sometime before the deadline, but I am eager for a *better* Day 1 candidate if anyone can provide one.

Additionally, in my readthrough, I saw someone (Rag, I think?) mention my activity levels. I am participating in NaNoWriMo this month, so if there are questions about why my activity is lower this game than usual, that's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom