• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Gravity Falls Zodiac Mafia

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
@sunno and @gummo - I'm sick and have been since the 23rd and that hasn't meant not having to show up to work so the amount of effort you see me putting in isn't going to match my regular levels until I don't feel awful. Mafia isn't relaxing and anything beyond surface level stuff is beyond me for the time being.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
speculating on what probbilibibilibator does is probably not productive. in the show he was basically an evil wizard with math-related powers and so one could guess he will affect the game in some numbers-related way (like randomizing as ex suggested) but there's a lot he could do.

I mentioned why I had been kinda lowkey day 1. I was focused on a bulba game that I was so close to winning as scum and it took a ton of my attention. That's over now and I'm ready to really jump into this game.

My reads probably weren't all to great because honestly there wasn't a ton of content by a lot of people. Which came more apparent when I iso'd people.

Ex was probably my most in depth read just because of the contradictions I found in his posts. I had a general idea of people I felt were town so I probably didn't go as in depth for them, ya. But I typically try to find scum in isos rather than town. Especially so close to day end.

for being ready to jump into the game I feel like you haven't done a lot today so far. Your read on Ex yesterday seemed opportunistic and you yourself seem to more or less agree its not a case you actually believe in. Finding faults in ex's play is easy.

I can appreciate that you weren't giving the game much attention for outside-of-game-reasons. I myself am giving this game less attention than I'd like because other games and people have been competing for my time. with that said, I'm appreciative that you did post a fairly comprehensive list of reads. What disturbs me isn't so much your lack of effort but the lukewarm-ness of your reads. I feel like in past games you'd more or less made a point of singling out one person and supporting a lynch on them, and in this game you're reading a lot of people as null or town and a couple as "maybe scum i guess". It doesn't sit well with me.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
especially considering he wasn't provided with a fakeclaim by funnier if he is scum
How can you be so sure scum doesn't have fakeclaims?

I have what I think is a decent reason to townread LG. No, you can't hear what it is. But I will ask you this. What's more likely? That we're both scum and we're playing face up? We'd have to be banking on there being no other roles like ours in the game, otherwise scum loses two members very quickly and in a very stupid way.
I don't like the tone of this part.
If I get your soft it still doesn't rule out the possiblity of you or/and LG being scum. You don't have to bank on anything either, because this game allows roles useless to certain alignments to exist do you could've rolled it.
And the whole "oh yes I totally trust LG" sounds more like an attempt to get her trust than a proper argument to convince town.

Rag and Minish are never scum together because of how Rag appears to have stolen Minish's vote
I can see where this is coming from but I disagree that this must insta clear one of them.
It's a good way to make one of them towny if one of them flips and it makes it harder to spot scum when rechecking the wagons. Anyway, it's something I could see myself doing as scum and I wouldn't be surprised someone did it too.

Let her answer, Ex
Why? If you're scum you're just stalling; but if she's scum then she could just be stalling as well. In any case just keep waiting seems a waste of time.

I'm not against your lynch, so we can just sit here waiting until you get my vote or we can have some initiative to discuss this stuff asap and move to other topics.

Something happened in our chat that makes it pretty unlikely for lg to be on a scumteam
That's all I'll say
No, I'm not clearing her, but I'm not even really going to consider that she might be scum for a few days

Idk what the hell you're talking about wrt me stalling. If I asked minish a question that only she can answer, then I want an answer only from her.

I've never seen you get agitated like this tho

Oh, right
Lolyou, that stealing of a vote definitely means they're never together, you can fight me on that read.
Zd is too paranoid sometimes

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
talking about the setup real quick, should we expect 2 mafia since SMS was a serial killer according to Tristan?

3 mafia and sk is fairly normal even for a 13 player setup on zd.

This may mean Dipper n Stan are jailed probably @Mellow Ezlo @Johnny Sooshi @Morbid Minish what do you think?

Doubt that's what it means.

ok, yeah?
what's wrong with the timing of my vote?

Ugh, so I went back to fact check myself and the reasons for my suspicions are actually mistaken. I didn't like the fact you were the third vote when there were two other 2 vote wagons because it could've been to save one of them. But I was mistaken about when the other wagons formed (thought they were earlier than that). Also wrong on you being third vote. Because despite that being where funnier put you I found that you were actually the first. So yeah probably should've fact checked myself first instead of trying to go off final vote count.

Unvote

. As far as my statement saying scum are strong, it's a prediction. If SMS was specifically being considered an SK with what I know his powers are in terms of volume, he was seriously nerfed. That's why I believe scum are strong.

Are people forgetting roles and alignment were randed separately? So the scum team could be any mashup of roles. Therefore third party wouldn't be adjusted for balance.

for being ready to jump into the game I feel like you haven't done a lot today so far. Your read on Ex yesterday seemed opportunistic and you yourself seem to more or less agree its not a case you actually believe in. Finding faults in ex's play is easy.

I can appreciate that you weren't giving the game much attention for outside-of-game-reasons. I myself am giving this game less attention than I'd like because other games and people have been competing for my time. with that said, I'm appreciative that you did post a fairly comprehensive list of reads. What disturbs me isn't so much your lack of effort but the lukewarm-ness of your reads. I feel like in past games you'd more or less made a point of singling out one person and supporting a lynch on them, and in this game you're reading a lot of people as null or town and a couple as "maybe scum i guess". It doesn't sit well with me.

Yeah I probably got ahead of myself with the jumping into the game thing. I thought having the other game over would motivate me more here but I've been distracted quite a bit.

I did believe in my case against Ex yesterday. That's kinda why it was my most detailed read. I felt I had found something there and then he replied to it and I started having doubts. I also kinda felt bad because I feel like I always go after Ex. One thing that I mentioned was him saying he knew nothing about Gravity Falls and then him talking about the cloning machine and I felt it could've been something a scumbud told him. But then realized he did look some stuff up in MtG mafia so his claim of reading up on flavor didn't seem too farfetched to me.

The lukewarmness of my reads is fair. But that's probably more due to the fact that besides the top 3 posters everyone else had such few posts. Moe, Ex, and Sunfan are the top posters and I had a pretty decent town read of Moe. The other two were scum leans. My read of Ex was probably my most comprehensive. And while Sunfan had a lot of posts I felt he hadn't said a ton, hence the iffy read on him. I also have a pretty solid town read of you, one of the next highest posters. But everyone else just hasn't given me enough content to read them off of. And ngl, I usually bounce ideas back and forth with funnier so it's a little harder not having him in game to do that with.

It is fair that I haven't been able to stick with a scumread though and that's probably from not having my mind completely in the game. I need to start from scratch and re-read some things and see where I end up.

I do think it's a bit interesting that Johnny hinted at backup and inherited Sms's abilities even though afaik backup usually only inherits roles from their own alignment. But I guess it could be due to the fact that all roles could be town roles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom