• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Guess Your Role: Poke Ball Z Mafia (BMGf/ZD Crossover Event) Endgame: TBA, Town and Survivor Win! (11/7/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I suppose...but if my hunch about my role is correct, no way I'm not Town.
Sigh. I know I'm late to this discussion, but this post right here led to 8 pages of role speculation and I'm sad.

And on that note, why did you claim again? You basically had no pressure on you.

On another note, why are people being so quick to doubt this claim? There is no way for Max to have known whether or not the real cop had discovered their role yet and claiming it would therefore be suicide.

@funnier6 where are you at my dude? You're not even voting. :(

This is why a second wagon would be good. We're not gonna learn anything from everyone piling on Kerest.

Also kinda don't like Tristan not voting either even though he's been around.
I quoted this because i did vote but i was late to the punch :c

Vote: Kerest

I'd prefer to vote Max tbh, but it's almost the end of the day and I don't wanna risk scum tieing the votes to avoid a lynch.
I can't remember if this was before or after Max claimed. If the latter, then why? If that's the case I really don't like how you would want to lynch him. I could go back and check but me lazy. If it was before, then disregard that :)

Now with that said, why the hell did you ask Max to claim in the first place? Fishing for claims = no bueno.

Are you telling me you only used your first role guess NOW? Why would you avoid sending a role guess during the entire first cycle but send an alignment guess D1?

SMS' entire role PM was revealed when his action went through because it clearly revealed his role.
If you received a message confirming that Deku is Town I can't literally think of ANY roles other than cop that can give you this kind of report.
Which makes no sense for you to say that "think you know what your role is". Why weren't you sure? Why didn't you receive your role PM?

Not to mention the message you sent before telling you were going to target Deku, what the **** was the point of that if you had no clue about your role? What if he got killed? It's pretty obvious you had some feint idea of what was going to happen.
If anything, I dare to theorize that it was a message to scum so they they didn't target Deku with a role while searching for recruitees, since the only thing you knew about you was your alignment.

Sorry, but all of this feels like some blatant lie to try to out the real cop.
To be fair, I'm in the same boat as Max. When I sent in my target, i only got back a result and nothing more. The only reason I know I'm not mafia is because I specifically guessed such.

Additionally, I have to add that I also did not guess a role during the first night; I instead opted to target someone and hope I could discern my role that way. If someone were to do neither of those things, then I would consider it fishy.

2. For SMS, did it really? Because 'DekuNut is Town' is literally all I got. As for why I didn't receive a Role PM, your guess is as good as mine.
And this right here is why I believe your claim because my first result was worded the exact same way. Bolded for emphasis so everybody notices because it's important to keep in mind.

A sane Town wouldn't risk lynching you until the cop was dead or outed themselves. Our cop might not even know their damn role. Seems like a good opportunity to claim something like that.
This is a really silly argument. As I said above, there is 0% chance that Max could know whether the real Cop knows their role or not, so fake claiming it would be far too risky.

So, no matter if you're lying or telling the truth Mafia will definitely go after you if you're not in the mafia chat already. That's because you're also the perfect target for them to learn about their non killing roles: they will want to Rolecop, Roleblock, etc. you.

Here's the thing. You could've been aware of that from the very beginning. If your intention was to get targeted by them, this could mean two things: you're either trying to waste their actions, which isn't that effective since they'll learn about their roles anyway; or you're trying to get added to their chat.

Your action of indicating that you were going to target Deku earlier kinda makes me believe more on the second one since it also matches the logic of prioritizing mafia finding each other, as I explained on my other post.
You're really reaching here. There's really no good reason to doubt Max's claim at this point and I can't shake the feeling that you just want him to be lynched.

I had a town read on you, but I'm not liking these posts.

everyone wants to put their hands on these balls, it will totally do something nice
:`v`:

What about you Moe?
He's a moblin.

Now with this all being said, I do strongly dislike Max voting for Ex for no real reason and then keeping the vote on him, but I don't think it's worth it to bother doubting his claim at this point. It's way too risky of a claim and the fact that his result was worded the same way as mine makes me think he's telling the truth.

Ex has lost some town points for me this night so I'm interested to see where he goes from here and his responses to what I said here.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
This is a really silly argument. As I said above, there is 0% chance that Max could know whether the real Cop knows their role or not, so fake claiming it would be far too risky.
On another note, why are people being so quick to doubt this claim? There is no way for Max to have known whether or not the real cop had discovered their role yet and claiming it would therefore be suicide.
Even if a real cop knew about his role, do you think they'd out themselves N2?
I already explained this logic, even if it's a suicide plan it able to unite the entire mafia in the same chat tonight and Max's claim can't be proved until later. It has a way higher reward than a risk to them.

Now with that said, why the hell did you ask Max to claim in the first place? Fishing for claims = no bueno.
Because he wasn't making any sense :mad:
I expected at least some half assed explanation on some of his actions, not a power role claim.
He was pretty self aware that it could get himself killed tonight, I think you should be asking him, why putting himself in a major risk to save himself from a minor one.

I can't remember if this was before or after Max claimed. If the latter, then why? If that's the case I really don't like how you would want to lynch him. I could go back and check but me lazy. If it was before, then disregard that :)
Max's message with the claim was only approved by the bot after the night started iirc. So it was before.

And this right here is why I believe your claim because my first result was worded the exact same way. Bolded for emphasis so everybody notices because it's important to keep in mind.
...what? Wait, whaaaat?
What first result? :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Even if a real cop knew about his role, do you think they'd out themselves N2?
I already explained this logic, even if it's a suicide plan it able to unite the entire mafia in the same chat tonight and Max's claim can't be proved until later. It has a way higher reward than a risk to them.
Disagree with that last line, but I'm not sure how many people will back me on that.

Because he wasn't making any sense :mad:
I expected at least some half assed explanation on some of his actions, not a power role claim.
He was pretty self aware that it could get himself killed tonight, I think you should be asking him, why putting himself in a major risk to save himself from a minor one.
But... you literally told him to claim
@Max1996ZD, you should claim at this point because you're just digging your grave like that. Encrypted mesages, supposedly knowing your role, being insistent on your sheeping. It all seems kinda fishy.
If you prefer we can wait for Deku's answer because it seems like we'll find someone lying here.
I'm not sure what other kind of response you were expecting out of him.

Max's message with the claim was only approved by the bot after the night started iirc. So it was before.
Oh ok, so he claimed before you said that but you hadn't seen it. Fair enough I guess.

...what? Wait, whaaaat?
What first result? :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:
Should be pretty obvious at this point, I'm not even going to bother talking about it anymore.

sorry I kinda disappeared last night; was playing video mafia and the game got really intense
turns out; I didn't figure out my role after all, I feel much better about myself actually

Ik it's not a slip, I used the word loosely, but what he said about the Miller. I'll admit it wasn't a super townie thing to say but it's not super surprising for me coming from Moe.
I don't recall for certain, but I think he's said before that its ridiculous that you guys want to lynch Millers

Its definitely not something he should be celebrating though; its not even really a pro-town lynch.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
For the record
bulba meta is Miller claiming day 1
I hadn't really considered until hosting my Christmas game that lynching the red check is still a good play
I even lynched sunfan when he could have been a Miller
This is the lie
idk what sunfan is doing tbh but it's probably agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom