• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Guess Your Role: Poke Ball Z Mafia (BMGf/ZD Crossover Event) Endgame: TBA, Town and Survivor Win! (11/7/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Is it me, or does this entire situation remind you of anime mafia? Not that I’m scum reading him, but the general idea.

I’ll have my own actual reads list at some point

Can you give me a hint about what you're talking about? You know my memory of past games isn't the greatest without some refreshing. I have a specific idea of why he feels off, so I wanna know if maybe that aligns.

funnier6

Courage~
Can you give me a hint about what you're talking about? You know my memory of past games isn't the greatest without some refreshing. I have a specific idea of why he feels off, so I wanna know if maybe that aligns.
Cause I was SK that got role copped and you were the only one that believed me that I could win with town and that there was a second SK. Mez was mafia and town read me early not knowing I was SK and suddenly changed his tune after finding out I was SK. Too soon to ask what the specific thing is?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Cause I was SK that got role copped and you were the only one that believed me that I could win with town and that there was a second SK. Mez was mafia and town read me early not knowing I was SK and suddenly changed his tune after finding out I was SK. Too soon to ask what the specific thing is?

Hm, I'm thinking we could be on the same page here if you're connecting that the same way I am. It specifically has to do with his reaction to your intial freak out and some of his posts before that.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I had missed SMS's claim before I quoted his posts. With Zinn saying he was neighbourized the claim checks out, though I gotta ask who the hell gets lucky enough to correctly guess such a niche role during the first night
I didn't guess it. Basically, I targeted Storma/Zinn (Zinn replaced Storma), the action was successful I was told I successfully invited Zinn to the Neighborhood and the neigborhood chat was revealed to us. I got my role PM because in my case there could be no doubt about my role anymore anyway, successfully targeting gave it away.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Ohhh I think I know what you’re talking about. I mean that’s weird and super convenient and weird. You’re talking about when he said he had a specific reason to ask if I knew my alignment right.

Yeah, that and how he knows his role and has a good idea of alignment after the first night.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I'm kinda busy writing a massive walltext about Eresh and Moe, but I'm finding the Tristan speculation really interesting
Him knowing what that nonsense funnier was talking about meant right away about makes me think about the possibility of him being a Rolecop or a Flavor Cop

funnier6

Courage~
mislynch one of their own
This is an oxymoron.
Yeah, that and how he knows his role and has a good idea of alignment after the first night.
Yeah I see.
Him knowing what that nonsense funnier was talking right away about makes me think about the possibility of him being a Rolecop or a Flavor Cop
The problem with this is that upon discovering he’s a role cop which is a typical scum role why would he announce to the thread that he can figure his alignment pretty well from his role?!

funnier6

Courage~
Reads list but this time with details:

Town:
Sms- even without the neighborizer thing he’s already shown more effort and thinking than I would expect if he was scum.
Minish- I just really want minish to be town. Sunfan isn’t here rn, LG hasn’t posted yet and Moe isn’t enough to keep me sane.
Hero- like his posts so far, need more data @HeroOfTime
Rubik- Needs more data. He’s doing his town thing where he posts random bits of insight instead of try harding his cases every five minutes. Kind of weakly attended to vote me. Feel like scum Rubik would be rather disgusted with himself.
Moe- is Moe
Ex- all his posts are hot garbage, change my mind. However, this is just incredible if he’s scum tbh. The flail like a magikarp is strong in this one. (Yes I read my posts yesterday too) I just find this entire situation hard to believe since despite being told all his ideas are trash he’s still saying they were good ideas instead of backing off them. Like, I wouldn’t mind if he was lynched today since his posts literally drain my sanity but he’s probably just town.

Not Town

A ton of people are null rn.

ME- This man is a force to be reckoned with. The only correct read on him is that he’s a cool dude. Kind of funny that he’s himself anti town by refusing to guess his role but I’d like to keep him around a while for his insights at the very least.

Deku- I agree that him not being here is a bit of a red flag. He did say he was busy though so we shall see.

Kerest- Like Ex except actively trying to kill us all. Would definitely lynch her over everyone else. So heck, why not.

Vote: Kerest

Yes I’m protecting my scum buds Ex and Moe thanks for asking.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Deku and Tristan are probably the two people I'd like to press the most right now. They both tend to slink into the shadows as scum and that's what I feel like they're doing.

I have a harder time reading the players I'm unfamiliar with, but my more generic scum detection will probably be more likely to catch something after we start getting wagons to analyze.

ExLight's play doesn't seen particularly AI to me, so I'm not interested in rushing in on him. I imagine if he's scum he'll slip in a major way before late game.

Funnier has kind of lost it, which is generally either town or 3p. It wouldn't make sense for him to already know he's 3p, but funnier sometimes does suboptimal things. I can't be confident that he's not scum, though, because I don't buy the myth that funnier puts on a fake curly mustache and a black cloak every time he's scum.

Moe's actions make about as much sense as usual. I think I mostly just have his town play to go off of, so it's hard to say how differently he'd act as mafia. Nothing seems different so far, though.

I don't have a read on ME, but I'd like him to live for at least a while to observe what he does.

SMS has a role that is decently likely to be town, but not really AI. It's easy to confirm, though, which will be helpful late game.

Minish is Minish so far. She's maybe better at faking town than funnier, but I don't see anything atypical for her town play so far.

This isn't really a comprehensive reads list, just a few thoughts on some players I see as important currently because thinking out loud helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom