• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Guess Your Role: Poke Ball Z Mafia (BMGf/ZD Crossover Event) Endgame: TBA, Town and Survivor Win! (11/7/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
On a completely unrelated totally not relevant note, does anyone familiar with dragon ball know umm what sort of powers they possess and how one goes about activating them? Other than the wish thing?
I suppose it depends on which Dragonballs we go with, and what part of the timeline we're in.

The basic premise, though, is that they're completely powerless on their own, so you need all seven to get any results whatsoever.

The Namekian Dragonballs give three wishes, but can only resurrect one person from the dead at a time. You can wish for immortality with them.
You may or may not need to speak Namekian in order to use them.

The Earth Dragonballs either grant one wish and can resurrect multiple people (as long as they haven't been resurrected by the Dragonballs before), and you can wish for immortality with them, or you get two wishes and can't wish for immortality.

That's all I remember, and it's based on TFS's DBZA, not actual DBZ, but, given the phase title, I'm assuming both hosts are DBZA fans, so...

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Wrong. Roles like Silencer, Role Cop, Poisoner, etc. all would have had an effect on me, even if I wasn't using my role. The only role that wouldn't have provided any results would have been Roleblocker, as that would have provided a generic: "your role was successful." Even Watcher/Tracker would have given them a result, which would have said something like: "ME visited DarthWolf," or "ME was visited by three ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future," even if I wasn't using my role, which, at the very least, would have provided scum with information.
If anyone found out they were mafia they'd consider the possibility of being Roleblocker as relatively high since it's a staple role for scum. Would any of them really risk losing another phase with no info about their role when getting information first will pretty much be decisive?

Other people also flat out admitted to having Dragonballs in-thread after the Darth lynch.
Who? We shouldn't avoid talking about them, but instead decide if we should try to rescramble the balls or move them to someone else.
I wasn't kidding when I suggested lynching Lone. Scums prolly have 4 or more balls at this point, if we try to lynch the host again we might be able to find scum among those who are against the idea of rescrambling.

So...the same logic I used for why scum would target ME is the same logic you use to defend why scum would target you. Mafia wants to know whose side you're on, so they hit you with an action. That is exactly what I've been saying about myself from the beginning, and you've been saying that using roles like that is a waste.
:rolleyes:
I don't think I follow your logic here?

Waiting for a vote count would explain why you would have waited to guess your role, yes, but it still doesn't explain why you'd have waited to guess your alignment.
I was planning on self targeting since the beginning, guessing Vigilante was my priority. And guessing my alignment during the night doesn't really hurt me because it's once per cycle anyway.
Am I getting lynched for being honest here? I could've just lied about my alignment and noone of this useless discussion would be happening smh

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm a bit confused as to why one would want to target themself if they were going to guess they were Vig in the first place. In fact, I don't really get why you'd target yourself in any case because it could be disastrous for you and in most cases would not lead to any kind of result. I would like to know more about the thought process behind that. If you were afraid of potentially killing someone, you could've simply guessed without targeting anybody.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but Ex seems a bit inconsistent to me. I get the vibe that he's just saying things without really putting much thought into them. I don't necessarily think it's a scum tell, but it is noteworthy.

Anyway, I know my role now, and have a good guess as to my alignment based on my role.

Also, I agree with Deku in that nobody else should reveal that they have a dragonball. That's the kind of information mafia wants, and feeding it to them is anti-town.

Apologies for my horrendous activity this far (or lack thereof). It'll probably still continue for a little bit but y'all can ask me anything and I'll try to respond.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I'm a bit confused as to why one would want to target themself if they were going to guess they were Vig in the first place. In fact, I don't really get why you'd target yourself in any case because it could be disastrous for you and in most cases would not lead to any kind of result. I would like to know more about the thought process behind that. If you were afraid of potentially killing someone, you could've simply guessed without targeting anybody.

Also, I agree with Deku in that nobody else should reveal that they have a dragonball. That's the kind of information mafia wants, and feeding it to them is anti-town.
I guessed Vigi to exclude one role that could result with me killing myself by accident.

Targeting oneself excludes multiple roles and doesn't depend on other people to learn about possible results. The fact my action failed allows me to exclude many more than it would If I were to exclude one by one or via testing during multiple nights. If it didn't fail I'd have learned about my role via a report, and in the quickest way possible.

And not telling who has dragonballs is stupid. Mafia already excluded 10 people because of the Darth lynch, it's 7 balls and 8 remaining players. THEY ALREADY KNOW WHO HAS THEM.

We need either to wifom mafia by claiming to pass the balls to other players that were involved in the host lynch, or lynch another host hoping the same results.

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
I tried targeting ExLight last night, and got a role failed result. I suspect I was doing something that only affects Town and Independents. I still don't know what.

Vote: ExLight

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
or lynch another host hoping the same results.
...wouldn’t this have the exact same result as lynching Darth did, tho?
Mafia will be able to exclude all of the people on the Lone wagon, and we’ll have wasted an actual valuable phase.
The only reason we lynched Darth last time was because there was literally nothing better to do. Nobody knew their alignment, so scumhunting was pointless.
Now, most, if not all, people know their alignment, or at least know which major faction they are not. Wasting another phase, especially in the wake of two deaths last night, is not only pointless, but potentially harmful.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I tried targeting ExLight last night, and got a role failed result. I suspect I was doing something that only affects Town and Independents. I still don't know what.

**** me I might've got jailed then
Or I'm ascetic

..wouldn’t this have the exact same result as lynching Darth did, tho?
They already have like 4 balls already, this would at least mess them a little.
Mafia would lose balls too since avoiding it could tell us who is holding them, so they'd prolly vote for it which would at least buy town some more time.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
So, for me trying to find out my alignment and role, I tried to use my action on myself last night. It failed.

I just can't get believe you would target yourself. With there potentially being at least three killing roles, maybe more, there's still a dangerously high chance of ending the game for yourself. I doubt it really happened. And it's all too easy to say you did and claim that you must be a protective role since you're still in game. It feels like a cheap alibi that you have no way of verifying.

I feel like this is the best lead so far so Imma hop on the Ex train and see where we end up.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I just can't get believe you would target yourself. With there potentially being at least three killing roles, maybe more, there's still a dangerously high chance of ending the game for yourself. I doubt it really happened. And it's all too easy to say you did and claim that you must be a protective role since you're still in game. It feels like a cheap alibi that you have no way of verifying.
By excluding Vigi there is only Serial Killer left, tbh. And I got worried about how a factional kill would work because I was self targeting. HOW DOES THAT NOT MATCH MY ACTIONS.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Yeah, lynching another host would just be a massive waste of today and I'm not sure if a random mix up like that would be beneficial. If anything we'd want to not mess with things, eventually choose someone who is confirmed town, and give them all the dragon balls. I agree that setting something like this up later in the game can also help us weed out scum because they obviously wouldn't want to comply. Someone else brought up this point, and if it was ExLight than it's the only thing he's said inawhile that has made any sense to me.

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
I’m sorry, what?
Are you softclaiming Cult, here? Because that would be pretty hilarious if you were.

I could also be a neighborizer? I honestly have no idea. It seems like it be an active role that affects someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom