• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Inception Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
No idea. Probably a flavour name. could be something akin to poisoner if I had to guess.

It read to me like Ryu recognized it as a common role or something based on how he was using the word, but I suppose I could have just been misinterpreting the context he was using it in.

Except if the dreamer is town and they commit suicide the dream collapses and everyone goes back a level.

That's true, I suppose.

Rather than everyone committing suicide, it's probably a lot safer to just have the dreamer do so before the vote resolves. It achieves the same thing with less risk of a slip up.

funnier6

Courage~
Honestly this may sound crazy but since we hit scum day one and the only way I know of actually killing scum is to kill them in the real world it might be a better option for everyone to just kill themselves and to play the game in the real world. I assume the mafia is able to send people to limbo by night killing them. Sending them back one level would pretty much just confirm that person as town and wouldn't really help the mafia at all. They would be left hunting dreamers, trying to get everyone back while town just climbed levels and got closer to DS3. Feels like it would just be one giant stalemate. Also splitting up the players means potentially having one group of players that is all town which would only hurt our chances of winning since there's no chance of hitting scum in that group. I know we can win by reaching DS3 but it feels like mafia benefits from everyone being in the dream world more than town does, especially since we can only actually lynch people by being in the real world. Also if the dreamer comes out and claims dreamer for that day and no one counter claims then it's basically a cop check since only town can be the dreamer. We don't have to do this today since we can wait and see if the NK actually sends us to limbo but I want everyone's thoughts on whether it's worth it and why this may or may not be a terrible idea.
Haha, “I’ve thought of a great idea everybody, let’s kill ourselves!” XD

But yeah I think you’re right. Whoever is the dreamer needs to get in here and say so and we’ll have a confirmed town and be able to go right back to the real world. I don’t really know how fast suicides work though, do we go back immediately or does it not go into effect until the day’s over?

This whole dreamscape thing kind of feels like a huge distraction to confuse town and give mafia a chance tbh.
There is a chance that someone here will actually be sent to limbo instead of the real world, basically killing themself off. I assume everyone else here is in DS1 since we advance to a new DS with each day that passes, but then again, it's only an assumption based on the Inception rules. We don't know whether or not someone here won't be able to make it back to the real world, and I don't want to risk that.
I don’t really see why you’re thinking people will get stuck in limbo. Kinda just sounds like you’re nervous tbh.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Vote Count:
Ayano Keiko (2):
Ryuken, Ragnarokio
Ryuken (2): Bok Chan Sama, Minish_Link
HylianEVAN (2): funnier6, Rubik
Not Voting: Ayano Keiko, karu, Doc, HylianEVAN
I don't like how the wagons look right now. I am suspicious of the inactives (I voted for Keiko, of course), but I want them to talk. Give us something to work with. It's odd to me that Keiko, EVAN, and karu all haven't posted or voted for anyone in the past 24 hours.
Is Chemist a common role or something? I've honestly got no idea what the role does/did.
It read to me like Ryu recognized it as a common role or something based on how he was using the word, but I suppose I could have just been misinterpreting the context he was using it in.
I think you read too much into my post because I actually have no idea what the role does. I've never seen it used before in any game, and when I tried to look up the role, it doesn't pop up. I think it's a role unique to this game.

Been doing some rereading based on my growing worry of the wagons, and I have a question for you, funnier6.
Hylian- I don’t like the extreme difference in activity from this game and x men. Will research that more but I want him as the counterwagon to Ryu. I shouldn’t even have put him under scum lean really it’s just a hunch.
I noticed that you and I have different opinions on EVAN's playstyle:
HylianEVAN- Neutral. They voted funnier6 for tagging them, wondering why and posted about who they suspect. They never explained why they suspect them, though they haven't raised any flags that contradict their playstyle or how they normally post. He's not been very active, however, so I have an eye out for them.
I also find it odd that you used X-Men Mafia because of COURSE EVAN'S playstyle would be extremely different: it was his first game on the forums, after all. Can you elaborate on your hunch of EVAN?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Whew, lots of stuff to comment on. I quoted things as I was reading through, so if my thoughts are a little all over the place, or I address something that has been discussed already just...deal with it I guess.

all three members of the yiga wagon were on it before the storm wagon built. I would expected more bandwagonning in response to the storm wagon forming under normal circumstances, so anyone on the wagon (rubik, minish, ryu) is equally suspicious in that regard and I'd support a lynch on any of them.

Saying you'd support a lynch on any of the three just because they were on Yiga's wagon is weird. And not just because I'm one of the people you listed. First of all, we don't even know Yiga's (now funnier's) alignment. All we know is that Storma flipped scum, so true we weren't on the scum wagon, but there's still a possibility that Yiga/funnier is scum as well. I'm not sure how likely that is now, but finding us suspicious just because we were on the next highest wagon that wasn't the flipped scum isn't very sound. You can't just take wagons into consideration either. Rubik and myself have both been townread by a lot of other players in the game, so it's odd to say that we're equally as suspicious as Ryu.

Bok Chan Sama- Town. The only thing I have on them is more a hunch about their initial suicide suggestion. They've posted comprehensive reads, though it's interesting they've left me out of it, saying everything about me has already been said.

I find it kinda funny that you keep mentioning Bok leaving you out of his reads list when you left me out of yours (though I did see you later realized that) and karu as well who you noticed seemingly right after. If it's interesting that Bok left you out, it's interesting that you left me out. Especially as I've been one of the people who have been suspicious of you for a while.

Kay I read this pretty closely and might’ve missed it but you forget how hesitant Ryu was to change votes toward the end “because I’ve already changed votes too many times” which really rings weird to me in and of itself but now knowing both Yigas and storms alignments I feel like it was flat out trying to save storma. I can see Ryu holding out and hoping someone will change off storma or onto Yiga where someone else would’ve given up and gone for the bus. I’m all right with a Ryu lynch rn but I’m gonna refrain from voting while I think of a counter wagon.

This is a very good point. It does sound like an excuse to not have to bus a scumbud.

Personally, I would find switching from wanting a no lynch to wanting a lynch more suspicious if the person joined or started a wagon for no reason whatsoever.

But you did exactly that. You joined the Rubik wagon for no reason. Funnier just wanted to get a wagon started, and you were easily persuaded not only from changing from no lynch, but also to voting for Rubik. Because at the time there was literally no reason to find him suspicious and funnier just chose someone at random to start a wagon on.

I already said that was why you were third on my suspect list here. I KNOW my reasoning against you was weak, and I acknowledge that. I'm not gonna try to use that to lynch you since not only would people disagree with my thoughts, they would find me scummy.
Also, @Bok Chan Sama remind me when you made your post about my suspicions of you? I'm having trouble finding it, but to answer anyway, my overall suspicions of you can be summarized as "just a hunch," like I said in my reads list. My reasoning against you isn't that strong, after all, so I won't be advocating for a lynch unless something more suspicious happens.
I don't have anything close to solid against you that would put you as either scum or neutral. The suicide offer and me trying to interpret the motive behind it was more speculation on my part.

These three posts are odd to me as well. You seem to be hedging on Bok, but you put him in your town reads? If you found him third most suspicious day 1, and are saying that the only reason you're not pushing for his lynch now is because your reasoning is weak and people would disagree with you, then how does that land him in your town reads? If you find him suspicious, even if you're not convinced he's scum, you would at least have him under neutral/scum lean. It kinda feels like you don't want to scum read him because everyone else is town reading him and you don't want to stand out any more/look suspicious. How are we supposed to trust your reads list if you have someone you've been suspicious of under town, just because others wouldn't agree with you?

2. Vote for Yiga. Remember that this scenario is assuming Yiga is town. So gets lynched instead of Storma. What happens if Storma gets lynched the next day. Doc, who already had some suspicion on him would look worse since his vote potentially saved scum and got a townie lynched.

I could see that reasoning in a normal game. However, with this game it would buy scum a little more time because of the dreamscapes. If Yiga is lynched day 1, then Storma day 2, then Storma is still alive in the real world, and Doc is in a different dreamscape. So we'd have to then lynch Storma another time, and lynch Doc at some point if we can, and still have another mafia member to take care of.

Honestly this may sound crazy but since we hit scum day one and the only way I know of actually killing scum is to kill them in the real world it might be a better option for everyone to just kill themselves and to play the game in the real world. I assume the mafia is able to send people to limbo by night killing them. Sending them back one level would pretty much just confirm that person as town and wouldn't really help the mafia at all. They would be left hunting dreamers, trying to get everyone back while town just climbed levels and got closer to DS3. Feels like it would just be one giant stalemate. Also splitting up the players means potentially having one group of players that is all town which would only hurt our chances of winning since there's no chance of hitting scum in that group. I know we can win by reaching DS3 but it feels like mafia benefits from everyone being in the dream world more than town does, especially since we can only actually lynch people by being in the real world. Also if the dreamer comes out and claims dreamer for that day and no one counter claims then it's basically a cop check since only town can be the dreamer. We don't have to do this today since we can wait and see if the NK actually sends us to limbo but I want everyone's thoughts on whether it's worth it and why this may or may not be a terrible idea.

I don't think everyone should suicide. I think it would be better to have townies spaced out a bit. I know reaching dreamscape 3 is pretty hard to achieve, but I don't think we should completely discount that route. Plus we can only lynch people on the same dreamscapes. So if scum decided to not suicide, then they would be on a different dreamscape and could potentially keep out maneuvering us to buy some time while they killed us off. And maybe there are roles/abilities that could benefit from being on different levels.

I didn't say Ayano or the Mafia purposefully stayed quiet. I said here that the Mafia were probably trying to figure out the rules and their roles in the private discussions. It could be that some of the members (like Storma) were too preoccupied with their daily life to read-through the main thread and make posts, but that's just speculation. I understand now why you say my reasoning is flimsy.

We don't even know for sure if mafia has daychat. They could only be allow to talk at night. But I find it a little unlikely that they spent all their time in scum chat trying to figure out the rules/roles in private when they could benefit from discussing those things in thread. As townies could help clarify things for them, as well as give them a little more info they may not be privy to themselves.

Is Chemist a common role or something? I've honestly got no idea what the role does/did.

Just going to reiterate Bok here and say that it could be likely that they were a Poisoner/some version of Poisoner. And trust him, he would know about poisoners. Or, more specifically, about being poisoned. :cool:

@Bok: If we all commit suicide (and scum doesn't) we won't be able to lynch scum anymore and we'll lose the game, as far as I can tell.

I don't think that we would automatically lose from that, just that we would have to get people back on their level to lynch them before they could take us all out. Which would be a little difficult and one of the reasons why I don't think everyone should commit suicide.

I don't like how the wagons look right now.

Why is that? One of them is you (which yeah I can get why you wouldn't like that but there's reasoning behind it), and the other two are inactives - one of which you're voting for. Plus they're all tied, which isn't a bad place to be at the moment. So why are you not liking wagons that you're a part of, and of which you've expressed interest in lynching (inactives)?

funnier6

Courage~
I also find it odd that you used X-Men Mafia because of COURSE EVAN'S playstyle would be extremely different: it was his first game on the forums, after all. Can you elaborate on your hunch of EVAN?
I could argue that your play style is basically the same as your first forum game but I’m not gonna bother.

I also said that because I remembered extreme activity in that game and couldn’t remember the other game he had played. Extreme differences in activity raise a flag in my mind and I will be pursuing that.(When he gets replaced anyway) I thought I had a better chance of getting something out of him than Karu or Ayano.
I don't think everyone should suicide. I think it would be better to have townies spaced out a bit. I know reaching dreamscape 3 is pretty hard to achieve, but I don't think we should completely discount that route. Plus we can only lynch people on the same dreamscapes. So if scum decided to not suicide, then they would be on a different dreamscape and could potentially keep out maneuvering us to buy some time while they killed us off. And maybe there are roles/abilities that could benefit from being on different levels.
What’s wrong with the dreamer committing suicide and putting us all in the real world with a confirmed town?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
What’s wrong with the dreamer committing suicide and putting us all in the real world with a confirmed town?

I guess there's nothing wrong with that on the surface. But I have no clue if anything could potentially screw that up somehow and put us in a bad spot. Also, how would that make us have a confirmed townie? Unless you're saying the dreamer would claim and then suicide? In which case the mafia would just kill them. I dunno, I just think having townies spread out could have a benefit since we don't know exactly what abilities the mafia has or even town for that matter.

funnier6

Courage~
I guess there's nothing wrong with that on the surface. But I have no clue if anything could potentially screw that up somehow and put us in a bad spot. Also, how would that make us have a confirmed townie? Unless you're saying the dreamer would claim and then suicide? In which case the mafia would just kill them. I dunno, I just think having townies spread out could have a benefit since we don't know exactly what abilities the mafia has or even town for that matter.
Because dreamers can only be town. And if someone says they’re the dreamer who committed suicide to send us all back they must be. I don’t see why they would have to claim before they suicide but I suppose if we have a night phase before we go back they might be killed for real but if they don’t claim until afterward it’s pretty likely they wont get killed until at least the following night. Besides we probably have a doctor so they should be fine.

Anyway relying on good old fashioned lynching has got us pretty far and I don’t see how dream related powers could equal real life lynching with everyone knowing what everyone else is doing with no guessing or worrying or possible manipulation of situations by mafia.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Because dreamers can only be town. And if someone says they’re the dreamer who committed suicide to send us all back they must be. I don’t see why they would have to claim before they suicide but I suppose if we have a night phase before we go back they might be killed for real but if they don’t claim until afterward it’s pretty likely they wont get killed until at least the following night. Besides we probably have a doctor so they should be fine.

Anyway relying on good old fashioned lynching has got us pretty far and I don’t see how dream related powers could equal real life lynching with everyone knowing what everyone else is doing with no guessing or worrying or possible manipulation of situations by mafia.

I don't see why they would need to claim after they suicided either. If we were all back in the previous level then we'd know that the dreamer was either killed or suicided. And what if the Dreamer is our doctor or some other super important role? Don't really see an advantage of the dreamer claiming at all.

I agree that it's good to rely on lynching, but I meant we don't know what sorts of abilities are at play here that could possibly mess with any plans we might come up with. I do think that the dreamer suiciding could be a better plan than everyone agreeing to suicide though.

funnier6

Courage~
I don't see why they would need to claim after they suicided either. If we were all back in the previous level then we'd know that the dreamer was either killed or suicided. And what if the Dreamer is our doctor or some other super important role? Don't really see an advantage of the dreamer claiming at all.

I agree that it's good to rely on lynching, but I meant we don't know what sorts of abilities are at play here that could possibly mess with any plans we might come up with. I do think that the dreamer suiciding could be a better plan than everyone agreeing to suicide though.
I don’t really see where your disagreement is coming from, we’re not talking about cop check town we’re talking basically free innocent child for at least a day. That’s definitely worth just about any role to me especially since we could potentially do it over and over. All it is is basically choosing the night kill for the mafia since no matter what we’re going to lose town so why not give us the advantage of already knowing they’re town before they die? I suppose if they really believe it’s in everyone’s advantage for them to not claim I could see it but for the most part the pros outweigh the cons. Idk maybe @Bok Chan Sama can convince you. It sounds perfectly reasonable to me, unless you know something pertinent we don’t?

One thing I can think of is that the dreamer is someone inactive in which case we’re stuck.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
But you did exactly that. You joined the Rubik wagon for no reason. Funnier just wanted to get a wagon started, and you were easily persuaded not only from changing from no lynch, but also to voting for Rubik. Because at the time there was literally no reason to find him suspicious and funnier just chose someone at random to start a wagon on.
I already explained why I joined the Rubik wagon multiple times. I don't know why you're saying or assuming this.

These three posts are odd to me as well. You seem to be hedging on Bok, but you put him in your town reads? If you found him third most suspicious day 1, and are saying that the only reason you're not pushing for his lynch now is because your reasoning is weak and people would disagree with you, then how does that land him in your town reads? If you find him suspicious, even if you're not convinced he's scum, you would at least have him under neutral/scum lean. It kinda feels like you don't want to scum read him because everyone else is town reading him and you don't want to stand out any more/look suspicious. How are we supposed to trust your reads list if you have someone you've been suspicious of under town, just because others wouldn't agree with you?
Not everyone I'm suspicious of have to fall under neutral or scum. If that were the case, Doc would fall under neutral as well because funnier6 pointed out that their D1 posts were suspicious. I'm reading Doc as Town because I honestly believe his last vote that tied the Storma and YIGA wagons isn't scummy. I'm town-reading Bok as well because I don't think my suspicions are strong enough to warrant voting for him.

We don't even know for sure if mafia has daychat. They could only be allow to talk at night. But I find it a little unlikely that they spent all their time in scum chat trying to figure out the rules/roles in private when they could benefit from discussing those things in thread. As townies could help clarify things for them, as well as give them a little more info they may not be privy to themselves.
Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree here.
Also, this point confuses me. Why would Mafia not be allowed to discuss with each other during the day? I've seen it done before in X-Men Mafia based on the QuickTopic the GM posted, and I thought that was the consensus for every Mafia game here.
Why is that? One of them is you (which yeah I can get why you wouldn't like that but there's reasoning behind it), and the other two are inactives - one of which you're voting for. Plus they're all tied, which isn't a bad place to be at the moment. So why are you not liking wagons that you're a part of, and of which you've expressed interest in lynching (inactives)?
I know I look the worst out of the wagons as an active player, but I'm also wondering a bit about the people voting for the other wagons as well. Ragnarokio still hasn't explained why they hopped on the Keiko wagon, for example, and I don't want to guess for them.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
YIGAhim/Funnier- I'm maintaining my previous suspicion about YIGA from yesterday. Funnier hasn't shown any big scum signs and is helpful to town, so I'd rather not see him lynched.

Keiko- I really would like to hear SOMETHING from Keiko. Similarly to Storma, I think we've only seen one post from Ayano during RVS. I don't think that both Ayano and Storma both being inactive links them in any way. I think Storma's inactiveness was due to him being more cautious of getting lynched day one, not any scum team tactic. Ayano Keiko also isn't an extremely active player, especially during day one.

Ragnarokio- I have no clue how to approach Rag. They jump around with their votes and doesn't explain them. @Ragnarokio why did you unvote me and switch over to Ayano?

Bok Chan Sama- Bok is a super odd one for me to read. I haven't seen anything explicitly scummy from him, but I can't shake this feeling. Something about his posts that I can't articulate just gives me odd vibes. Nothing that I think is worth acting on yet, but something I figured I'd say.

HylianEVAN/Domo- Not much to say on EVAN. I can't remember who said it, but someone suggested that funnier was the NK because the mafia were inexperienced. If that's the case, EVAN/Domo could very well be a second mafia. It would explain his silence and change in playstyle (although, tbh, I don't remember much about EVAN's playstyle in X-Men). And why EVAN asked for a replacement when pressure started building up against them.

Ryuken- Ryuken is definitely leaning scum. I think its the lack of Ace Attorney gifs. Several reasons have been mentioned, but after looking back through day one, Ryu is the only person who I found that was actively against lynching an inactive player.

Rubik- Rubik is town leaning for me. There interactions with Funnier yesterday looked good to me and there posts today are still striking me as town. I don't have too much to say about Rubik.

Minish- I'm going to trust what y'all say about Minish and her playstyle aligning with Town Minish. But Minish's proposal for splitting up the town makes me incredibly nervous. Assuming we split into two different groups and both groups decide to lynch, all mafia has to do is make sure they're in the same group and a townie WILL be lynched in one of the groups. I still feel comfortable putting Minish on a town lean regardless.

Karu- I almost forgot Karu was in this game....

------------------------------------------------------------------

The players I feel the best about lynching right now is between Ryu, EVAN/Domo, and Rag.

Vote Ryuken for the time being

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom