• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Huh... guess you're right
d7eb58dce1345cfc9bd6e3f1ef4f6619.jpg

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker

Mido

Version 1
I can barely toss a football without a movement-impeding tuxedo

Indeed, the tuxedo is not the most ideal garb for football-throwing, but I am sure with proper form, the tuxedo can become a very fashionable alternative to ordinary football-throwing attire. Just see Ryuken's apparatus below! :)

It doesn't matter, as long as the football hits its intended target.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-15874-1388161292-20.gif

Also, oh no, Deku is gonna get lynched. Nooooooo...
karma-badmood(a).gif

Bah, whatever.

"It doesn't matter?" It's very interesting to see this, because I would be ever so inclined to think that it does matter. Simply take a look at the apparatus that you, yourself provided.

y-mia-thinking(b).gif

Notice the thrower's stance. He may be restricted by the tuxedo somewhat, but he is able to utilize the position of his footing in order to properly execute an underhanded throw. The spiral motion of the ball demonstrates that the underhanded throw was executed effectively, the ideal angle of trajectory allowing for the recipient of the football to enthusiastically catch the football. This, not even taking into account the proper stance conducted by the individual catching the football nor the level of trust between thrower and recipient. Now, perhaps it is not clear why I assert the importance of football-throwing and the factor of distance, but I will make this clear now. It is because, you see; throwing the football while wearing a tuxedo is much like a court of law that one would encounter on his or her Nintendo handheld device.

The defense and the prosecution, both sporting their finest wear (whether it be a regal, purple longcoat or a more standard-issue black coat with a fine scarf to match), both require a penchant for "throwing a football," if you will. Every statement made is a risk, the angle it travels dependent on good form. In addition, the recipient must receive these statements and make do with them as he or she will, returning the statement with another. The sometimes fierce dialogue of the courtroom is a reflection of this phenomenon. The chemistry between defense attorney and prosecutor is much like the one between two individuals throwing a football back and forth in their finest outfits, and this chemistry contributes to both the assurance that the verdict will be delivered and the football caught. It is why with a complete lack of confidence that I assert that The Room is the one film that metaphorically understands the courtroom experience of Ace Attorney in a more concise fashion than any other medium.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
It is why with a complete lack of confidence that I assert that The Room is the one film that metaphorically understands the courtroom experience of Ace Attorney in a more concise fashion than any other medium.
Everything you've said might as well be a metaphor for how an inexperienced defense attorney like yourself flops around, unable to catch and throw a perfect-spiral football coming from the prosecution. AKA myself.
karma-snap.gif

Penalty for the defense. Now!

Mido

Version 1
Everything you've said might as well be a metaphor for how an inexperienced defense attorney like yourself flops around, unable to catch and throw a perfect-spiral football coming from the prosecution. AKA myself.
karma-snap.gif

Penalty for the defense. Now!

latest

Agh! I may have pressed on a little too far this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom