• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess POLL: How Difficult Was Ganondorf in TP?

How hard was Ganondorf?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralis

Prince of the Zoras
Rating Ganondorf from 1-10, how hard was he? I don't think that he was tremendously hard to fight, but people have their opinions. I think he should be a 3 or a 4.:)

Attachments

• ganondorf beach..gif
    ganondorf beach..gif
    43 bytes · Views: 244
  • Ganondorf..jpg
    Ganondorf..jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 34

Austin

Austin
I said three. As much as I like the game, there's absolutely no reason that I should be able to effortlessly take out the final boss on my first try.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Usually i would say 3. BUT sometimes (i don't know why) the horse-chasy-thing gives me h***. the first couple playovers i got it right away. then i played it again and i couldn't get an angle, Zelda's arrows kept missing, and Ganondorf kept hitting me off Epona. THEN i start getting frusterated (which is BAD) and i start wildly swinging at the air. i get him eventually, but it's hard every 1 out of 5 plays for me. Guess I'm just lucky.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Hmm that depends on how you define your scale. If Thunderbird from AoL was 10 (for me the hardest boss out of the complete series though it wasn't exactly the end boss), then aLttP Ganon was 8, OoT Ganondorf+Ganon 5, Majora's Mask 3 (yes, I'm talking about beating it without FDM, despite of that it still was pretty easy) and TP Ganondorf 5.
The reason why I'm not rating it lower than 5 is because I had massive trouble with the beast form - I found it very difficult to position myself perfectly in order to successfully grab him (using Midna) plus I had trouble with the exact timing - and, to a lesser extent, with the horseback form (had trouble to catch up with him).
So with the Puppet Zelda and final forms being quite easy, the difficulty went low-high-moderate-low throughout the fight.
I rather would've preferred difficulty to slowly build up instead of jumping around like it did, but that's just my personal impression after beating the game only once so I might change my mind after playing it several times.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Each stage was different in terms of difficulty and feel for me, so let me break this down.

Puppet Zelda: 1
Her attacks were incredibly easy to dodge, and the Dead Man's Volley was really easy if you had enough distance between yourself and Zelda, and she charged that ball so slowly you could run to the other side of the room if you needed to.

Beast Ganon: 3
Admittedly, I forgot how to stop charging beasts since I took a major haitus in the middle of the game, and thus had a great deal of trouble trying to remember the mechanics of how to stop rampaging monsters. Beyond my failure at the controls and the occasional annoyance of being unable to find his portals, the fight was still really easy.

Horseback: 4
Zelda took too long to shoot and Ganondorf really seemed to like swerving around the field. I also had some issues at first where he would charge me before I could get Epona into gallop. Overall, I'm just terrible with horseback fights; my coordination with Epona just sucks really.

Ganondorf: 3
As much as I loved this final duel, it was just too easy, like every other one-on-one fight in the game. Ganondorf could block pretty well, but it's really easy to dodge most of his attacks too. The chance thing was interesting, killer on the fingers but a piece of cake if you decide to use two hands to save your thumb muscles some strain. But still, one-on-one fights in general are cakewalk and only Ganondorf's high block ability and occasional guard-breaking fancy sword-work merited any difficulty.

Final score, I guess I'd round it off to a 3.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
I put it as a 7. Why? Because, well I'm not there yet, but my brother said it took him a few tries to beat him. (He's such a Zelda Noob though) and from what I seen, I think he's not that hard to a hard core fan, but I'm not used to the controls that well, so I just rated him a 7. Hard, but not too hard.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Well I said 6, but remember that that to me is easy peasy rice and cheesy. (no idea where that came from) The easiest boss ever is Patra from OoA and that would be a 1. I honestly didn't take any damage and it was just a stinkin' joke. Somewhere around a 2 would be Gohma from OoT. Argorok is like a 3 or 4. So when you take it into context, for being to final boss.... Final bosses are usually a 9 or 10, but there are few that are easier. But Majora..... 12. I just rated a lot more bosses than TP Ganondorf didn't I? Well, what the hey.

Ralis

Prince of the Zoras
Well, I kind of made this to be so that it's just about Ganondorf, but I noticed that some one said something about the easiest boss overall. For me, the easiest boss, was Diababba, from TP. It took me about 40 seconds on my first try.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Eh, I think I'd give it a '6'. Although there are certain aspects of the battle like fighting a possessed Zelda and taking Ganondorf down while on horseback that did have some difficulty to it overall it wasn't that hard. Ganondorf could've been a bit harder in that game.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Overall the fight was a 2 for me since I had been brushing up my Ocarina and Majora skills. With both being harder games, I must say that I was taken back by how simple Ganon was for me. Puppet Zelda had me rolling around in a fit of laughter because I dodged everything with such grace. The only time I messed up was when my controller wouldn't respond correctly.

Beast Ganon was not only the coolest of the boss forms, he was also the hardest. Sometimes I lost track of him and often forgot to hit the stop button at the right time and got trampled.

The Horseback chase, although cool, was very simple for me. It was a matter of keeping up and dodging, then you slash when he was at his most vulnerable.

The final fight was so ridiculously easy that I ended up showing off my fancy moves to stall for time since the fight was just that easy. Ganondorf rarely ever attacked suddenly. It was predictable to get through the fight.

Austin

Austin
Till this day I find ALTTP's Ganon harder then any 3D Ganon. They're all incredible easy for me! I have yet to play a 3D Zelda game and not die. Most times I won't even use a fairy/potion, with an Magic Potions. As much as I hope for the New Zelda Wii to be hard, I doubt it! It'll only get easier and easier! I wouldn't be too surprise if they get rid of the heart pieces all together. That's obviously a overstatement.

The thing for me that makes 3D Ganon's so easy is the leeway. You can jump, roll, move left/right, etc to dodge attacks. In 2D Zelda, you can only move left/right and some times you would have to dodge multiple targets. From a Game Developer's Stand point, creating difficult bosses/enemies in an 3D environment is very difficult. The processing power in most newer consoles (except the PS3 which does well) doesn't allow for difficult AI programming. With simple 2D, drawing a frame took little processing power, and gave more leeway for harder AI's.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Stage 1: Puppet Zelda Rating: 1

Seriously, Puppet Zelda was a joke. Just slash the balls back to her, hit her once, and repeat two times. Her attacks are incredibly easy to dodge (if she gets really lucky she might be able to almost land her charge attack [the one where she flies at you]).

Stage 2: Dark Beast Ganon Rating: 1.5

Another pathetically easy boss. I can do it entirely in beast mode, not using a single arrow, and usually not taking much damage in doing it all. But, sometimes he comes out of the portal when I'm still searching for it and hits me (but this is a rare occasion).

Stage 3: Horseback Ganondorf Rating: 1.5

This is also pathetic. I have a tiny bit of grief getting Zelda to shoot her Light Arrow at Ganondorf, but this is mainly because of his ghost minions and those never get to me. It's definately not fun.

Stage 4: Ganondorf Rating: 1

And another pathetically easy stage. Chances, chances, and did I mention chances? That's all you have to do to win, that and back slice like crazy. I rarely ever take much damage from him and not once have I ever had to use something like a potion or a bottled fairy.

Overall, he's a 1.

Last edited:
Ganondorf wasn't terribly hard to fight, in fact, I had expected something more challenging. It's kind of sad that a few of the temple bosses were harder to fight than he was (Stallord anyone?). Neither Ganondorf nor Zant gave a very challenging fight- albeit they were interesting.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I'd say a 2. Really, it was kind of disappointing. But... I think it was like that for a reason. The Wii only just game out, and so the controls were new and making him difficult would've turned too many people away not only from Zelda, but also from the Wii console itself. I blame a lot of the game's lack of difficulty on that, so I really wasn't surprised by how easy he was to beat. I do think that's why the fight was so drawn out, though, or at least part of the reason. Firstly, they wanted to pay homage to OoT (or even ALttP's Agahnim/Ganon) with the whole tennis-like battle, they wanted to do the OoT OMGSCARYBEASTGANON thing, and then... well, they wanted to give us a little something new. I think it was a little drawn out for my taste, but I definitely think it was also because they had to make the battle a little longer or else the final battle would be done so fast that EVERYONE would be disappointed.

But yeah, I'd say a 2 or 3. He wasn't the easiest boss I've ever fought, but he was definitely one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom