• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pokemon Delta Emerald Mafia - BMGf Crossover - Endgame - 5/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Good catch, Rainy. I'm down for a Lone Garu lynch (and will change my vote if it comes down to it) but want hear from Midori first.

D

Deleted member 14134

Alright I'm gonna go gather votes and post a votecount so we know where we're at then I'll slowly trickle out some thoughts as the night goes on. If anyone has any questions I'll be able to answer them and I should be around for EOD tomorrow.

But I like how people look to be exploring different options rather than everyone just focus on one person. I'll read up on more people and post my thoughts on everyone who's being looked at.
@Lone_Garurumon @Lilac @DarthWolf , @Kuro @Bok of the Wild of thouse who did not vote on yiga band wago who do you think is most likely scum?
That's about two thirds of the remaining players I think that you're asking me about. Btw why did you select to ask those certain people about it?

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Alright I'm gonna go gather votes and post a votecount so we know where we're at then I'll slowly trickle out some thoughts as the night goes on. If anyone has any questions I'll be able to answer them and I should be around for EOD tomorrow.

But I like how people look to be exploring different options rather than everyone just focus on one person. I'll read up on more people and post my thoughts on everyone who's being looked at.

That's about two thirds of the remaining players I think that you're asking me about. Btw why did you select to ask those certain people about it?
because they were the ones who were active and the mafia would still was active active that did not vote yiga I have a theory that at least one member of the mafia did not for yiga. I should of added active members to it its my fault.

D

Deleted member 14134

Lone_Garurumon - 3 (Floppolio, rainami, music)
DarthWolf - 2 (Space, funnier6)
ChefOfGames - 1 (Bok of the Wild)
Finn Balor - 1 (Kuro)
Emiya - 1 (lilac)
Midorikawa - 1 (Emiya)

I think that's where we're at.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Also space made a post. So can the mods give him the I am not a bot because I thought there was so many more posts Q_Q.

D

Deleted member 14134

Lilac has me wondering abit. During the Feenie lynch she jumped on early but didn't really provide her own reasons as to why, just agreeing with me. Possibly bussing her buddy early to try to look good. She showed a little more conviction in her vote when she had an exchange with feenie later in the day though. She also jumped onto the storm wagon very quickly. I notice she also voted storm day one and just the say she jumped on the wagon early she could be trying to push an easy mislynch. Also the vote on Emiya seems lind of OMGUS and too defensive for my liking. I think Emiya has seemed like one of the stronger players and is exploring options to try to help weed out scum so the vote on him for throwing a little suspicion her way doesn't sit well with me right now.

D

Deleted member 14134

God I really have to check for typos before hitting post.

funnier6

Courage~
First thing's first...

Unvote: Storm

Since Storm is getting replaced, I don't want to commit to a lynch right as someone subs in for him. Hopefully it's a player who will be more active and willing to contribute unless the hosts decide to terminate the spot first. The lynch dissolved just as fast as it began, anyways. I do think that his lynch could have garnered us plenty of information though. Think of it as a countermeasure to Yiga's wagon on D1.

Maybe there's not an ulterior motive, but there definitely is a connection. Though I can't help entertaining the thought that Alit's kill was more than a calculated strike considering the large amount of suspicion that was building up behind him despite his softclaim. Could go either way, but the Night Kills themselves read very much like a process of elimination. Besides that, I know for certain that someone has been targeting a very Townie player for two Nights straight now and they won't be getting through anytime soon.

Third Party must be hiding pretty well. =P

Scum bussing the Godfather has been done plenty of times on the site. It's a rare occurrence, but it's not exactly unheard of. I seem to recall someone being suspicious of you and Feenie (Midori if I'm not mistaken) for posting fluff, so helping to lynch Feenie would certainly make you look good but it wouldn't necessarily clear you. Nonetheless, I never really said that you should be put in the hot seat, I just remarked that I wouldn't mind doing so because of how quickly you jumped on Storm's lynch again. Also, just a word of advice, being overeager to look Town often has the opposite effect. Right now you look a little bit defensive even though you are bringing up some good points.

There was much more going on with my push on Storm than meets the eye. My vote wasn't solely due to him lying and possibly faking his claim, it had more to do with information gathering by creating a ripple effect. As expected, a number of people jumped aboard while others remained unfazed by it (namely Minish) and still I haven't heard back from others (namely Pendio or Lone Garu). Like I said on Day 1, scum love having two lynches going at the same time because it's easier for them to hide in.

Good grief, your posts are so hard to respond to. Ever hear of paragraphs before? :right:

First of all, could sworn it was you who called him out but turns out I was wrong. Storm would be a very easy mislynch, but it would have arguably been a necessity since we're running low on ideas (plus was hoping to jolt some of the inactives into action). How did you arrive to the conclusion that Lone Garu and DarthWolf are scummy because they didn't vote on Feenie? Neither of their lynches caught much steam, so a more forced approach was needed. As for the because Cops and scientific thinking, well, that was essentially a ruse. If enough people went along with it, then I could easily determine the amount of scumminess happening...despite its limited use.

---

Lastly, found something interesting when I was reading back. Voting to pressure.

Vote: @Midorikawa

What's wrong with my paragraphs?

I didn't arrive at any conclusion about darth and garu relating to who they voted, I feel we should pressure them because I don't have any scum leans and they're at the bottom of my town leans. Where are you even getting those reasons from?

Interesting ruse, not sure if I like.

That's a pretty meh reason to pressure midori but pressure is pressure so -shrug-

Lily

Mischievous Minx
Scum bussing the Godfather has been done plenty of times on the site. It's a rare occurrence, but it's not exactly unheard of. I seem to recall someone being suspicious of you and Feenie (Midori if I'm not mistaken) for posting fluff, so helping to lynch Feenie would certainly make you look good but it wouldn't necessarily clear you. Nonetheless, I never really said that you should be put in the hot seat, I just remarked that I wouldn't mind doing so because of how quickly you jumped on Storm's lynch again. Also, just a word of advice, being overeager to look Town often has the opposite effect. Right now you look a little bit defensive even though you are bringing up some good points.

There was much more going on with my push on Storm than meets the eye. My vote wasn't solely due to him lying and possibly faking his claim, it had more to do with information gathering by creating a ripple effect. As expected, a number of people jumped aboard while others remained unfazed by it (namely Minish) and still I haven't heard back from others (namely Pendio or Lone Garu). Like I said on Day 1, scum love having two lynches going at the same time because it's easier for them to hide in.

Thank you for your response, honestly just trying to make my way through my first game and get advice by watching others. If it seems like I'm doing something stupidly obvious, it's because I dont know how to do things like the veterans, whether you want to accept this or call it an excuse is up to you. As I said before I have nothing set in stone while questioning, and it's only to get the person in questions attention. I'm also not worried about attracting attention right now, but answering why would cost a role claim slot in the end as well as put me in scum sights.

Unvote: Emiya Shirou

Lilac has me wondering abit. During the Feenie lynch she jumped on early but didn't really provide her own reasons as to why, just agreeing with me. Possibly bussing her buddy early to try to look good. She showed a little more conviction in her vote when she had an exchange with feenie later in the day though. She also jumped onto the storm wagon very quickly. I notice she also voted storm day one and just the say she jumped on the wagon early she could be trying to push an easy mislynch. Also the vote on Emiya seems lind of OMGUS and too defensive for my liking. I think Emiya has seemed like one of the stronger players and is exploring options to try to help weed out scum so the vote on him for throwing a little suspicion her way doesn't sit well with me right now.

Bok you really need to read through a post and not skim it. I did to Emiya, what I did to Storm, which was question by getting attention with a vote. I got my answer and I unvoted just now before catching up with the day and seeing this response from you. Also as I said before and you apparently missed that too, what scum busses their strongest player? To look good? No that would be stupid and put me at a major disadvantage if I was scum. I saw suspicious posts and I looked into it, simple as that. If you want to question me, be my guest. :)

D

Deleted member 14134

I did to Emiya, what I did to Storm, which was question by getting attention with a vote. I got my answer and I unvoted just now before catching up with the day and seeing this response from you.
Why vote though? Do you have a scum read on Emiya? He's been pretty active every day so I'm sure a simple @ would of gotten his attention. That's why it felt OMGUS, it felt like you might be panicking and getting defensive because someone threw some suspicion your way.
Also as I said before and you apparently missed that too, what scum busses their strongest player?
I didn't miss this but thanks for reminding me. Who's your strongest player? I think you're referring to feenie because she was the godfather? But with both cops dead I think her role becomes much less useful than before. And how do you know that she's scums strongest player? Do you know what their other scum roles are? Also I'd say scum busses their buddies all the time, yes, even their strongest players because it can make them look good. Ask Mez when the games over, he loves bussing his scum buddies and did it in the last two games when he was scum. It looked like you were bussing because you jumped on pretty quickly and didn't provide much reasoning of your own besides agreeing with me.

Last I want to say that your response to me feels a bit passive aggressive. Just remember that when you're going to play mafia and if you're town only you know your role and everyone has to do their best to figure out who's guilty and who's innocent. You're always going to have suspicion cast your way and that's part of the game. I hope I don't sound condescending or like I'm attacking you but I think it's fair for people to be suspicious of you.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
What evidence do you have to prove this? With no obvious sign of a Third Party, thats a pretty bold claim.

Eh, in a game this big it's not really a bold claim. Town can have killing roles as well, so I wasn't necessarily talking about a third party role.

I don't see it as reaching. Because you found me scum I can't find you scum? I understand it could be construed as OMGUS but I provided my reasons, not matter how "reachy" you find it.

I didn't say you couldn't find me scum. I'm saying your reasons for finding me scum look like reaching because it's pretty weak evidence.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
I would say that if Minish is scum she must be third party but we haven't seen any evidence that there even is a third party.
I'm just gonna say that in a game this size, you can bet there's Indeps. SK looks unlikely since there's only been one kill per night, but a Survivor at the very least feels probable.

I'm probably going to read back and look at some people before I post more and that probably won't be until later tonight/tomorrow. I feel like there are too many inactive players and not all of them can be scum so I don't think it's a bad idea to put some pressure votes on a few to try to encourage some more discussion.

Vote: @CheffOfGames
Ok, I'm all for pressuring people, but pressure pretty much loses all power the second you tell them it's pressure, unless other people also go for the same pressure.

Just think about it: Mellow Ezlo was killed N1 and A Link in Time was killed N2. There wasn't anybody else who died either time, but both of them were involved in lynching Yiga so now that the GF is dead we could use Storm as a means to pinpoint the killer. Assuming he isn't the killer himself.
I'm sorry, I'm not understanding your logic here. Mind re-explaining?

Better yet, Feenie was the first to vote for Yiga (I assume before later changing back, if the count wasn't current) and Pendio and Minish_Link followed suit. Rainami has claimed already and Bok doesn't strike me as a wolf type. That leaves Pendio and Minish needing to be cleared. On the other hand, Cheff, Lone Garu, and Lilac jumped on the Storm lynch. I think at least one of them is bound to be scum who were either 1. bussing to look Town or 2. creating an alternate lynch.
I'd be up for Garu considering his demeanor seemed scummy before and maybe Lilac since she was willing to jump on a second time (and rather quickly at that).
I don't understand this either. You're saying that the people on the Storm wagon were possibly scum no matter what he turns out to be? Something about that just doesn't feel right.

what scum busses their strongest player? To look good? No that would be stupid and put me at a major disadvantage if I was scum. I saw suspicious posts and I looked into it, simple as that. If you want to question me, be my guest. :)
Bok already got to it, but there's plenty of time when scum would bus another member, even if their role is useful. If public opinion dives so far that there's no redeeming them for example, then you might as well bus them to make yourself look good.

funnier6

Courage~
I'm just gonna say that in a game this size, you can bet there's Indeps. SK looks unlikely since there's only been one kill per night, but a Survivor at the very least feels probable.

Ok, I'm all for pressuring people, but pressure pretty much loses all power the second you tell them it's pressure, unless other people also go for the same pressure.

I'm sorry, I'm not understanding your logic here. Mind re-explaining?

I don't understand this either. You're saying that the people on the Storm wagon were possibly scum no matter what he turns out to be? Something about that just doesn't feel right.

Bok already got to it, but there's plenty of time when scum would bus another member, even if their role is useful. If public opinion dives so far that there's no redeeming them for example, then you might as well bus them to make yourself look good.

Gimme a reads list and say who you would lynch today if you haven't already.

@DarthWolf same to you if you ever come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom