• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Great Expectations Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
You first questioned a vote against Pendio by Libk, then you later questioned Johnny for just bringing it up and not actually voting. I agreed that your votes weren't suspicious to me personally, but as a whole I'd say the suspicion was valid, if weak (and, at least in the case of Pendio, wrong). I know you hate Day 1, but Day 1 can be just as important as any other day. And, I mean, maybe you put Bok at L-1 accidentally, but what if you accidentally hammered him because you weren't paying attention to the votes? Would the suspicion then be valid? How would it be any different?
I was just upset that making an innocuous post can get you lynched on Day 1 while being inactive basically means you're free from any chance of being lynched...probably for the whole game. Just think it's a shame and it's annoying as well that Day 1 because it's random means you're better off not posting the whole day or you get bull**** accusations based on little to no evidence.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I was just upset that making an innocuous post can get you lynched on Day 1 while being inactive basically means you're free from any chance of being lynched...probably for the whole game. Just think it's a shame and it's annoying as well that Day 1 because it's random means you're better off not posting the whole day or you get bull**** accusations based on little to no evidence.
I see your point, fair enough.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I feel like Bok, Mido, Johnny, and Minish are lacking this game. I wouldn't be surprised to see scum there.
I can agree with the former three, but why Minish? She's been pretty active this game, and the fact that she was the first one to come up with a good way for us to use the set up to our advantage gives her a town lean for me.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I can agree with the former three, but why Minish? She's been pretty active this game, and the fact that she was the first one to come up with a good way for us to use the set up to our advantage gives her a town lean for me.
I'm with Tristan here, I don't like this. Seems like a thing scum would do, and either throw in a scumbuddy of theirs so they can prove themselves right and therefore gain town cred, or its a double-fake where theres no scum in there but after they die we think theres scum in their list and start witchhunting. either way not a fan of this post at all

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
More substance than yourself.

Perhaps I'm wrong about Minish, but she's still in my PoE. I felt that you led most of the discussion on Day 1. Libk started some serious discussion about which might be scum and even though he was wrong, that bold move is unlikely to come from scum. I liked Tristan's posts towards the end of the day with his reads on Jamie and Minish. Even though I still feel theorizing about the general picks is an easy point to make, I can understand giving her a town read for actually moving the game forward.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
@Libk What are your thoughts on Jamie after Pendio's flip?

I'm still a bit wary when it comes to Jamie, as I still stand by my saying that even on day one when rvsing you should try to be aware of votes. But for now I'm going to overlook this a bit, as I'm in agreement about Mido's RVS vote staying being fishy too. I'm at work atm but I'll try to add more as I can.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Sorry, but I don't feel as though I've been lacking this game. Jamie and I were the onlt two talking for a while on day 1, and while my posts were mainly just discussing strategy, there really wasn't a lot else to say because others weren't posting much. It's hard to make really substantial posts when there's not much to go on, so I was trying to at least start some conversation and try to make a game plan for the day. However, the game has picked up some now, so there are more things to look into and discuss.

Looking at the day 1 votes, no one stands out as a lot more than the others. Libk and Mido were the votes that contributed to the lynch, and I could see both as being town or scum. Libk's vote was the first, and only, really serious vote yesterday, so it seems town. But he posted quite a bit at the beginning of day 1, and not really much after his serious vote. Makes it feel like he could have found something he could use to move the game from silly day 1 stuff to a more serious discussion to gain town cred since he was the first to do so, and that usually always looks town at the beginning of the game if there is decent reasoning behind it. That being said, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now, because the town reasoning does seem more likely.

Mido's vote on Pendio was a random day 1 vote that he didn't take off even after it was one of the ones that put Pendio in the lead. It's especially odd since he said he didn't particularly find Pendio and Jamie's votes concerning, but thought Bok's reaction to them stood out more. Why not vote for Bok in that situation rather than Pendio? Though while he did pose some doubt about Bok in that post, he also said he could see it being a town move. To me, that post seemed a bit like how Mido was playing in his last game (posting suspicions about people but then kind of backtracking and saying it could just be nothing), which got him lynched as a townie. That's why I could see Mido being town, but I also see his vote as being more suspicious than Libk's.

I don't feel incredibly strong about Mido being scum, so I'm going to refrain from voting him at the moment since we really need to be sure about our votes.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
@Bok of the Wild you're the only one who hasn't posted yet this day, with the day's end only 14 hours away, do you have anything to say? You were comparatively active in the other games you've played so far, so your activity in this game is a tad concerning to say the least (I know you were active during day 1, but most of your posts during that day were fluff; now that there's stuff going on, you seem to have disappeared). How do you feel about Alit, or Mido? Or even Jamie for that matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom