• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WiiU games re-released on 3DS your thoughts?

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I forgot to add in Mario Sports party. That makes WiiU Club Sports and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash redundant.

There is also this:

DbSiE2o.jpg
Some of those games aren't the same though.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
They have almost the exact same type of gameplay. It feels like Wii U games are just prettier, HD DLC addons to 3DS games.

Just look at this as a consumer. Would you pay $80 and pay for $40 games for a system that has all the Nintendo goodness we love, with excellent variety, and like actual games being released for it, or $300 with $60 for prettier games, that have similar gameplay to 3DS, but it barely has any games for it?

But they're not the same games though!

define "the same game"
if we're talking something like wind waker and wind waker hd then obviously not,smash 4 3ds and wii u is closer to what i mean,or link to the past and link b/w worlds [though this is more loose]
your defense doesn't make any sense,the issue is most of these counterparts are redundant,not that they're exactly the same game

No, your point isn't making any sense! And SSB4 3DS and SSB4 Wii U are they the same game though, just slightly different feature options and stuff but same selection of characters, stages, and stuff. I'm talking about the game pairs I listed aren't the same mainly because most of them have completely different plots (the case for the Mario games, Yoshi games, and DK games), completely different graphics/artstyle (which is the case for the two Yoshi games), and/or radical feature, character, or stage/course options differences (the case for Mario Kart games and Mario Tennis games).

And the same follows for ALttP and ALBW. Despite their similarities, they are two completely different games with two different plots and stories. That is it! The games I listed are different! End of story! End of conversation! Goodbye!

Agreed! That's what I've been trying to explain to people like 8thArk, Lozjam, and markasscop! But they don't seem to listen for some reason.

Correct but they are on a similar line, enough so to make people not bother getting a WiiU as there is a simialr enough version on the 3DS.
It just shows how poor a home console the Wii Poo is this gen.
You don't like the WiU, yeah we get that from you. That's cool though, you can hate a console as much as you want, free world. Calling it bad names just because it's supposedly cool, is really not cool though. Doesn't do amything to make people respect what you say. I do respect what you say, but I do wish you'd lay off the names and stick to the decent facts you always share with us.
I am not having a go at you, call it constructive criticism. Because I care. :)

The WiiU is not as bad as people make out. This is just Nintendo making lower graphical quality (for what the 3DS has) as a quick cash cow without putting the effort into making better original games for the 3DS. This is exactly why the NX needs to remove the whole dual console thing Nintendo has had going for decades. No more weaker graphically but feature superior portable ports as the main version of the game will be able to be played everywhere
Agreed! That's what I've been trying to explain to people like 8thArk, Lozjam, and markasscop! But they don't seem to listen for some reason.
If you are saying this you totally miss the point I and others are saying here. Exact clone ports is not what is happening and is not what we are talking about. We are talking about games on similar enough to make purchasing them on both the WiiU and the 3DS pointless. Also it makes people with a 3DS have even less interest in getting a WiiU as you can get a simialr experience on the 3DS.

I did listen to you. It was just you and I were talking about different points, that's all.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Correct but they are on a similar line, enough so to make people not bother getting a WiiU as there is a simialr enough version on the 3DS.

You don't like the WiU, yeah we get that from you. That's cool though, you can hate a console as much as you want, free world. Calling it bad names just because it's supposedly cool, is really not cool though. Doesn't do amything to make people respect what you say. I do respect what you say, but I do wish you'd lay off the names and stick to the decent facts you always share with us.
I am not having a go at you, call it constructive criticism. Because I care. :)

The WiiU is not as bad as people make out. This is just Nintendo making lower graphical quality (for what the 3DS has) as a quick cash cow without putting the effort into making better original games for the 3DS. This is exactly why the NX needs to remove the whole dual console thing Nintendo has had going for decades. No more weaker graphically but feature superior portable ports as the main version of the game will be able to be played everywhere

If you are saying this you totally miss the point I and others are saying here. Exact clone ports is not what is happening and is not what we are talking about. We are talking about games on similar enough to make purchasing them on both the WiiU and the 3DS pointless. Also it makes people with a 3DS have even less interest in getting a WiiU as you can get a simialr experience on the 3DS.

I did listen to you. It was just you and I were talking about different points, that's all.

Thank you for you feedback. But after consideration I shall continue to call the Wii Poo what it is. :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
As long as you also call Sony's console the Piece of **** 4 and Microsoft's console the Xtremely Bull**** One, then ok go ahead :)

Unfortunately they aren't even amusing names which is why I wont use them. That and the hardware for those consoles far outperforms that of the Wii U and there is no console out there better which I can praise whilst mocking the lesser machines. I'm certainly not dissatisfied with the selection of games on Xbox One and I am satisfied that those that are multiplatform such as Shadow of Mordor, that the better version is on the newer more capable console. The same can't be said of the Wii U games that are also on the 3DS

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think it's a good thing, maybe now I'll actually get to play Wii U games because I don't have a Wii U. 3DS is the only gaming system I've cared about since I first got my hands on one.

That being said, the only Wii U exclusive game I'm interested in is Wind Waker HD. So really, if that comes out on 3DS and looks close to the same then I'll be satisfied. Yeah, 3DS games don't look as good as they do on the Wii U but that doesn't mean they look bad. Hyrule Warriors Legends still looks great and so do most other 3DS games I own. Honestly this whole situation seems like a boon for 3DS players and doesn't seem to negatively impact Wii U owners, so I don't think it's anything to complain about. (Then again I didn't watch the direct and when I saw this thread I thought it was a hypothetical question, but still.)

VitaTempusN92

NO they're NOT! They are NOT similar ENOUGH! They're COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAMES!

No! You fail to understand MY POINT! They are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAMES! They are NOT similar enough! How many god damn times do I have to say SM 3D World and SM 3D Land have COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLOTS?! How many times do I have to say that Yoshi's Woolly World and Yoshi's New Island are TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT games, with DIFFERENT GAMEPLAY, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ARTSTYLE, and COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLOTS?! How many damn times do I say that NSMBU and NSMB2 both have DIFFERENT PLOTS?! How many times do I have to say DKC Returns (3D) and DKC Tropical Freeze have DIFFERENT PLOTS?!

So you're saying that buying both SM 3D World and SM 3D Land, despite them having COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STORIES and PLOTS is pointless?! You're saying that buying both Yoshi's Woolly World and Yoshi's New Island is pointless, despite them having COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLOTS, DIFFERENT GRAPHICS, and somewhat DIFFERENT GAMEPLAY?! You're saying that despite the DIFFERENT STORIES and PLOTS, buying both DKC Returns (3D) and DKC Tropical Freeze or even both NSMBU and NSMB2 is pointless?!

Have NOT seen any videos about the games or played any of the games?! Cause it seems like you're just basing things on similarities, yet you FAIL to see the BIG DIFFERENCES and WHY it's WORTH buying both of EACH pair!

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Congrats to the 3DS for getting inferior versions of games that already exist? Why would anyone want a downgraded version?

I mean, I don't care. But what is obvious is Nintendo are idiots.

If they spent as much time working on the Wii U game library as they have on the 3DS library, we wouldn't be in this predicament. Hopefully they learn their lesson? At this point, I don't care.

NO they're NOT! They are NOT similar ENOUGH! They're COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAMES!
Actually not so. They are different you are correct but they are also similar.

For example, Mario Kart 7 is similar to Mario Kart 8 in the way that both give the player kart racing fun. If the 3DS owners want some Mario Kart fun, MK7 will fill that need. There is no need to buy a WiiU for MK8 just to get some kart racing fun in. MK7 will fill that role quite nicely.

This applies to every game on that picture I shared. Sure they are different games WiiU to 3DS versions. But they are along the same lines. Similar types of fun.

I think it's a good thing, maybe now I'll actually get to play Wii U games because I don't have a Wii U. 3DS is the only gaming system I've cared about since I first got my hands on one.
This is exactly the type of gamer that Nintendo is targeting with these 3DS ports of WiiU games.

Congrats to the 3DS for getting inferior versions of games that already exist? Why would anyone want a downgraded version?
If you just want a little of that type of fun, would you pay $300+ for the console (WiiU) then $50 for the game? Or would you just pay $40-$60 to buy the 3DS game for the 3DS that you already own?
This is totally targeted at 3DS owners who have zero intention of ever getting a WiiU and making almost as good ports for them to play.

Unfortunately they aren't even amusing names which is why I wont use them. That and the hardware for those consoles far outperforms that of the Wii U and there is no console out there better which I can praise whilst mocking the lesser machines. I'm certainly not dissatisfied with the selection of games on Xbox One and I am satisfied that those that are multiplatform such as Shadow of Mordor, that the better version is on the newer more capable console. The same can't be said of the Wii U games that are also on the 3DS
I was just joking when I made that comment. All the big 3 consoles can be mocked and praised depending of how you view them. I know you're just taking the piss out of the WiiU and I can handle that. I can take the piss out of things I like to, just not at the expense of the competition. I will take the piss out of them all or out of none, in respect to all 3 consoles.

VitaTempusN92

Actually not so. They are different you are correct but they are also similar.

For example, Mario Kart 7 is similar to Mario Kart 8 in the way that both give the player kart racing fun. If the 3DS owners want some Mario Kart fun, MK7 will fill that need. There is no need to buy a WiiU for MK8 just to get some kart racing fun in. MK7 will fill that role quite nicely.

This applies to every game on that picture I shared. Sure they are different games WiiU to 3DS versions. But they are along the same lines. Similar types of fun.

Explain SM 3D World and SM 3D Land! Explain Yoshi's Woolly World and Yoshi's New Island! Explain DKC Tropical Freeze and DKC Returns (3D)! And finally, explain NSMB2 and NSMBU!

They ALL have COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STORIES and PLOTS! Plus Yoshi's Woolly World and Yoshi's New Island have COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GRAPHICAL ARTSTYLES!

Look up some gameplay videos that involve their stories and plots on Youtube (since you clearly never even seen the games themselves in action)! You'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

Seriously where the heck were you when Nintendo showed off these games and revealed just how different from each other they are?!

Explain SM 3D World and SM 3D Land! Explain Yoshi's Woolly World and Yoshi's New Island! Explain DKC Tropical Freeze and DKC Returns (3D)! And finally, explain NSMB2 and NSMBU!

They ALL have COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STORIES and PLOTS! Plus Yoshi's Woolly World and Yoshi's New Island have COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GRAPHICAL ARTSTYLES!

Look up some gameplay videos that involve their stories and plots on Youtube (since you clearly never even seen the games themselves in action)! You'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

Seriously where the heck were you when Nintendo showed off these games and revealed just how different from each other they are?!
What you say is totally true. I actually agree with you.

The point though is we are talking, Mario vs Mario, Yoshi vs Yoshi, DK vs DK. Doesn't matter how different they games are. You're still getting a Mario fix or a Yoshi fix or a DK fix. It's same IP vs same IP. That's the similarity here. That's all the 3DS fans want and they will not buy a WiiU for a (certain character) fix they can have on their 3DS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom