• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WiiU games re-released on 3DS your thoughts?

My thoughts are seriously wtf? If they were different to the WiiU versions sure. But no. They are better than the WiiU versions in almost every way.
  • Super Smash Bros 4
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
  • Super Mario Maker
All better on the 3DS. A huge slap in the face of WiiU owners. I am very dissapoint about this.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Smash 4 is better on Wii U by far and Super Mario Maker is missing online on 3DS. But I agree with the rest of the games listed being better on 3DS.

At this point, I'm hesitant to purchase any of the platformers I haven't picked up for Wii U because they seem like easy ports. I would not be surprised to see Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and/or Captain Toad Treasure Tracker on 3DS at some point.

Hyrule Warriors Legends is super slow compared to the WiiU version, and graphics look blurry (of course) so I wouldn't exactly say "it's better in every way." I bought the 3DS version because I loved the WiiU version so much, and then sold it right away because it was so clunky to play (and boring to watch), despite its advancements. The new 3DS probably doesn't have as much of a problem, but I'm not running out to get a new 3DS for this game. It is kinda crappy that it has more stuff than the console version though, that's for sure.

I do see your irritation with these ports though. It's like they punish you for not having a 3DS.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Wii U is honestly dead, I stopped buying games for it since this summer. I sold Smash 4 despite buying all its DLC, never bought TMS#FE and just pirated it, I bought TPHD but it was at a good price so no hard feelings. The only game I'll buy for it will be BotW next year, and that's only IF the game is ass on the NX (which it probably will be).

as for porting the wii u games to 3ds, this is a good thing for majority of the games but bad for Hyrule Warriors. i will never stop being angry at HWL's existence.

I forgot to add in Mario Sports party. That makes WiiU Club Sports and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash redundant.

There is also this:

DbSiE2o.jpg

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
to be fair to that image,some games like shovel knight are just multiplat ports which is totally normal,and a few in the case of sonic lost world of having a console/handheld version is also pretty common [tony hawks pro skater gbc,rayman 3 gba,freaking etc.]
but in the case of yoshi and paper mario and such,yeah its very redundant

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I forgot to add in Mario Sports party. That makes WiiU Club Sports and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash redundant.

There is also this:

DbSiE2o.jpg
Okay:

1) Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario 3D Land are two completely different games. And 3D Land released before 3D World.

2) DKC Tropical Freeze and DKC Returns are also different games.

3) Yoshi's Woolly World is getting a 3DS release, and it's not Yoshi's New Island. Not to mention Yoshi's New Island is different game anyways.

4) Mario Kart 7 is not Mario Kart 8!

5) Paper Mario Color Splash is not Paper Mario Sticker Star! Like SM 3D Land and SM 3D World, they're two completely different games!

6) NSMBU and NSMB2 are not the same game!

7) The two Mario Tennis games are different two.

8) Not sure about the Mario Party one.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Okay:

1) Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario 3D Land are two completely different games. And 3D Land released before 3D World.

2) DKC Tropical Freeze and DKC Returns are also different games.

3) Yoshi's Woolly World is getting a 3DS release, and it's not Yoshi's New Island. Not to mention Yoshi's New Island is different game anyways.

4) Mario Kart 7 is not Mario Kart 8!

5) Paper Mario Color Splash is not Paper Mario Sticker Star! Like SM 3D Land and SM 3D World, they're two completely different games!

6) NSMBU and NSMB2 are not the same game!

7) The two Mario Tennis games are different two.

8) Not sure about the Mario Party one.
1.redundant
2.redundant [especially if you factor in dkc returns for wii]
3.redundant
4.redundant [though can't be helped]
5.redundant
6.SUPER redundant
7.eh...
8.eh...

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

My thoughts are seriously wtf? If they were different to the WiiU versions sure. But no. They are better than the WiiU versions in almost every way.
  • Super Smash Bros 4
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
  • Super Mario Maker
All better on the 3DS. A huge slap in the face of WiiU owners. I am very dissapoint about this.

It just shows how poor a home console the Wii Poo is this gen. I've said time and time again. As an 8th gen piece of hardware, it sucks. It does not stand up to its competition hardware wise at all.

Software wise, as you have pointed out it plays HD 3DS games. It doesn't really do much to justify people wanting to buy it. When most of the same games can be played on cheaper hardware and in some cases, better versions of those games.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
1.redundant
2.redundant [especially if you factor in dkc returns for wii]
3.redundant
4.redundant [though can't be helped]
5.redundant
6.SUPER redundant
7.eh...
8.eh...

1) You think that SM 3D world and SM 3D land are the same game?
2) You that DKC returns 3D and DKC Tropical Freeze are the same game?
3) So basically, you think that Yoshi's Woolly World and Yoshi's New Island are same game?
4) You think that Mario Kart 8 and 7 are the same game?
5) You think Paper Mario Color Splash and Paper Mario Sticker Star are the same game?
6) You actually think that NSMBU and NSMB2 are the same game?
7) meh
8) okay

Honestly, anyone who thinks that games like Yoshi's Woolly World and Yoshi's New Island are the same game has either never seen their gameplay before or just simple-minded!

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
1) You think that SM 3D world and SM 3D land are the same game?
2) You that DKC returns 3D and DKC Tropical Freeze are the same game?
3) So basically, you think that Yoshi's Woolly World and Yoshi's New Island are same game?
4) You think that Mario Kart 8 and 7 are the same game?
5) You think Paper Mario Color Splash and Paper Mario Sticker Star are the same game?
6) You actually think that NSMBU and NSMB2 are the same game?
7) meh
8) okay

Honestly, anyone who thinks that games like Yoshi's Woolly World and Yoshi's New Island are the same game has either never seen their gameplay before or just simple-minded!
They have almost the exact same type of gameplay. It feels like Wii U games are just prettier, HD DLC addons to 3DS games.

Just look at this as a consumer. Would you pay $80 and pay for $40 games for a system that has all the Nintendo goodness we love, with excellent variety, and like actual games being released for it, or $300 with $60 for prettier games, that have similar gameplay to 3DS, but it barely has any games for it?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
define "the same game"
if we're talking something like wind waker and wind waker hd then obviously not,smash 4 3ds and wii u is closer to what i mean,or link to the past and link b/w worlds [though this is more loose]
your defense doesn't make any sense,the issue is most of these counterparts are redundant,not that they're exactly the same game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom