• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Team Fortress 2: Mann vs. Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
Yeah, I'd assume that there would be two of each role, one red, one blue, given the number of players would warrant multiple of each roles, or else the Town would be at a disadvantage, and this bit of text from the sign-ups:

DekuNut said:
I know that teamwork is something new to most of you, but you'll have to work together on this one. And not just with your former teammates! Oh no, I'm hiring BOTH teams of mercs today! Get to know your other half!

Also, I have to ask Deku, is there Third-Party roles in this setup? I don't need any specifics, and you don't have to tell me if you don't want to for whatever reason, but I was curious before the game even started, but never thought to ask until now. Thanks.

My thoughts on the matter.

Of course, claiming doctor was stupid for both of them. It are suicidal moves. But the best we can do now is try to use the situation to the fullest.

Whining doesn't help and tbh, it's a super rare phenomena to have 2 doctors claiming on day 1. In that sense, it's also an interesting case.

The current situation basically gives us 2 things. The first is information. Not that much actually, and not to brag, but I had already come to all those conclusions in my notes when I received my role pm. And if I really thought it was a good thing to share that with everyone, I would've done so already. Nonetheless, these claims support some of my hypotheses. Can't say that has no value.

Secondly, assuming that both claims are genuine, and so that we really do have 2 docs, if they would hypothetically cure each other every night we'd have 2 publicly known immortal masons. 2 known townies that the mafia cannot kill... isn't that a huge blow to them as well?

Now, if they only cure each other, we also have the disadvantage that the mafia can kill whomever they want to. We cannot prevent that, but we do can lessen this blow. That's why I propose the following: Why don't we ask Malon and Storm every night to go to random.org, and randomize a 0 and a 1. If it is 1 they cure the other, if it is 0 they cure someone else. (so if Malon gets a 1 he cures Storm, in case of a 0 he could protect someone else he wants to). This way, there would still be a 50% chance for both of them that they can still cure others, with a high chance that they themselves too are protected. For the mafia etc. we would raise the bar to target them, because the odds are 50/50 that such a kill fails, yet we do not give them the chance to freely target anyone who isn't them.

Once more, I would highly prefer a situation where no one claimed doctor. BUT, since this already happened, I think this is a nice strategy for us to deal with it. We raise their chances of survival, having also 2 "confirmed" townies, and do one average still have 1 doctor left to protect the rest of us.

Of course, it's not certain that they are both truthful, but that doesn't matter. If one is lying and secretly a townie, it's no difference (the mafia won't know that either, so they might also believe just like all of us that the real doctor has a 50% chance of being protected. If that was known to be false, we might lose our doctor earlier actually). If one is lying and secretly mafia, they will probably kill the other the first night. But we cannot prevent that anyway, so no difference there either. And yes, then the protection of the doctor that does is really a doctor might go to the mafia, but with the system I proposed above the chances of this happening are only 50%. Still better than 100%.

What do you guys think of this proposal? Or does anyone want to add something to it/propose something different?

Now I see where your reputation is coming from. You make some very good points, and if it wasn't for the fact that both players claimed to be the same colour which I personally find very unlikely, I'd agree.

Im not really acting scummy. Im just sitting here trying not to die, and basically being discriminated by veterans when THIS IS MY SECOND GAME EVER And im trying to get my personality in sync still, and killing me 2 minutes into day 1 wont help that. Neither will banishing me to hell where i belong, Tristan the Pious all powerful God-like being you are.

It might be only your second game, but you haven't learned anything from the first one, and thus the criticism leveled against you is justified. Keep in mind it's my second game aswell, and I'm trying my best to improve and learn from mistakes I made in the last one.

I personally don't believe you are scum. I don't think you're the red medic either, as I believe Malon's claim to be genuine. I don't know what your role is, I will side with Tristan however, and will vote to lynch you purely to stop you from disrupting the game with useless posts like "TED AND BARRY 3 CONFIRMED" that have nothing to do with the game itself.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Its like none of you have wver held a convo with me ever. And thats ludicrous because @Doc and @Zelda15 are like major people in an RP i run with Deku... This is just me normal. Theres no tomfoolery happening.

Lets see. 39 votes for me. Oh well
I don't think there are even that many people lol. Dude, if you aren't mafia, then give us a reason not to vote for you. Usually RVs dissolve quite quickly. This didn't happen because of the way you've been acting, but maybe if you present a good enough case we can invite you.

Its like none of you have wver held a convo with me ever. And thats ludicrous because @Doc and @Zelda15 are like major people in an RP i run with Deku... This is just me normal. Theres no tomfoolery happening.
We never said there was "tomfoolery" going on.

Also, guys, keep in mind that there are other players that act sort of scummy even if they aren't mafia. Such as Dan. Of course, it's still a problem, but just saying.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I don't think there are even that many people lol. Dude, if you aren't mafia, then give us a reason not to vote for you. Usually RVs dissolve quite quickly. This didn't happen because of the way you've been acting, but maybe if you present a good enough case we can invite you.

Whats the use Malon? Tristan or Soul or Viral will just call it lies and bull**** and laugh about it in the Quicktopic they have for non mafia matters

Whats the use Malon? Tristan or Soul or Viral will just call it lies and bull**** and laugh about it in the Quicktopic they have for non mafia matters
The use is, it could get you out of this mess. Tristan, Soul, and Virla are three members. The majority requires eleven or more than everyone else. Who knows? You might be able to change their minds too. I'm not saying it will for sure work, but it's worth a shot.

Also, what quicktopic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom