• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Zelda Songs Have Lyrics?

In Skyward Sword, Zelda sings the Ballad of the Goddess with vocal Hylian lyrics that have an English translation ("Oh youth, guided by the servant of the goddess..."). I was wondering, are there any other songs featured in the Legend of Zelda series that are actually sung by a character with vocal lyrics? Not just while displaying text lyrics in a dialog box, but I mean where the character actually sings vocals using his/her voice in-game in whatever language it may be (such as Hylian).

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
Hm... Not really that I can think of. Midna hums her own theme in Twilight Princess, but I don't think that's really what you're looking for...? Anything I can think of where a character sings a song, they don't have lyrics really.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
The opening theme to Twilight Princess comes to mind, I have no idea if it's actual lyrics though. Sounds like "ahhh ha haaa dabby daba da"

Pen

The game is on!
Other than what's already been mentioned I cannot think of any other in-game songs with lyrics, but two music tracks come to mind. The first being the original (and nowadays replaced) version of the Fire Temple theme from Ocarina of Time. It's got this chanting that could be words.

[video=youtube;OOmOzWdHzHU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOmOzWdHzHU[/video]

The other song that comes to mind is the battle music against the Dark Beast Ganon in Twilight Princess. This track also consists of some kind of chanting that's hearable throughout almost the entire song.

[video=youtube;Pl98PiDeHY4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl98PiDeHY4[/video]

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Following in the same vein as Pendio, Yuga's Theme also has a choir chanting "Yuga" throughout it, and Mother Maiamai's Theme has a choir singing "Mai" over and over. Yuga's Theme also seems to have some other words that might be in the same language as the Ballad of the Goddess; I can't really tell if it's a real language or not. Aside from that, though, there's nothing like what you're looking for. There's no other spoken Hylian in the series that I can think of.

Pen

The game is on!
There's no other spoken Hylian in the series that I can think of.

There is the spell (or whatever you wanna call it) that Chad uses on the Owl Statue in the Kakariko Sanctuary's basement in TP. What he says there is very clear and easy to hear. Of course this isn't a song, it's more of a poem idk.

EDIT: Ooh, I just realized that it's not Hylian he speaks there, but Sky Language if I remember correctly. So just ignore what I just typed. ^^

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
There is the spell (or whatever you wanna call it) that Chad uses on the Owl Statue in the Kakariko Sanctuary's basement in TP. What he says there is very clear and easy to hear. Of course this isn't a song, it's more of a poem idk.

EDIT: Ooh, I just realized that it's not Hylian he speaks there, but Sky Language if I remember correctly. So just ignore what I just typed. ^^

An incantation, a series of words used to cast a spell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom