• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Warping, How Often Do You Use It?

How often do you use the warp feature?

• All the time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When needed

• Very little

• Never

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Warping is Zelda's answer to a form of fast travel, it is a relatively easy and quick way to navigate around to specific places. I question it's need in Zelda games but it can be useful at times when I don't feel like taking the time to travel manually.

So I'm just going to get on to the main question; How often do you tend to use the warping feature in Zelda games? Of course it may differ from game to game due to the availability and the usefulness etc.

Personally I tend to use as little as possible, it's a feature that I think is abused at times, Zelda games don't have huge open worlds and I think the other forms of transportation are much more satisfying. I like the idea of adventure, using fast travel really detaches from the experience in my opinion. I love to explore and while a lot of Zelda games don't cater to this aspect I still love to take in the overworld, either by foot or by horseback.

Very little to all the time, it depends on the game. In WW and OoT i never use the warping becuase i enjoy the overworlds far too much. I use it a little in TP if the place i want to be is soooooo far away or if its lake hylia which isn't the easiest place to get to and i don't want to pay. But even then in TP i still just use human Link to soak in the sights no matter how long it takes if i'm in the mood.

Other games like PH that i can't stand to be on the overworld in i warp all the time becuase the less i see of it the better. Wish SS had a warp system.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ocarina of Time: Rarely do I use warping because the objective is pretty close by all of the time.
Majora's Mask: A lot of the time because I get overwhelmed with the sheer possibility of running into a sidequest, and once I initiate one I just HAVE to complete it...and that is a detriment to completing the main game.
The Wind Waker: Always, because sailing.
The Minish Cap: Eh sometimes, just depends on my mood. A lot of times I am farming for kinstones and I have certain fusions I want done, so I will warp if that area is too far away.
Twilight Princess: I'll let you infer my answer from these words - HYRULE FIELD.
Skyward Sword: The game usually necessitates warping since even the overworld sections can be sectioned off from each other.

Ocarina of Time: Rarely do I use warping because the objective is pretty close by all of the time.
Majora's Mask: A lot of the time because I get overwhelmed with the sheer possibility of running into a sidequest, and once I initiate one I just HAVE to complete it...and that is a detriment to completing the main game.
The Wind Waker: Always, because sailing.
The Minish Cap: Eh sometimes, just depends on my mood. A lot of times I am farming for kinstones and I have certain fusions I want done, so I will warp if that area is too far away.
Twilight Princess: I'll let you infer my answer from these words - HYRULE FIELD.
Skyward Sword: The game usually necessitates warping since even the overworld sections can be sectioned off from each other.

+1

'Couldn't have said it better.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
1st play through i dont use warps too often cuz i feel like im gonna miss something along the way like this time cuz i dont remember where most everything is in TP. actually im playin TP right now and other than bosses and the light bug portions, i dont remember this game at all it seem, cuz im not recognized anything. so this is my second play through, and im not using warps, this is a rare case and while i went off topic for a second

However ive have most every other game especially ALttP, and OoT, committed to memory, and warp EVERYWHERE. ive already taken care the exploration, now i get everything i can in about 10 mins after every dungeon/item i receive! its sad i can 100% ALttP in like 4 hours now LOL i need a life!

actually Ventus has a nice break down, im gonna look through that and see if there are any differences in my views and may use that template. but im gonna let a couple other ppl post first!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom