• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm mentally lagging too! Lol

Paraphrasing is okay. Direct quoting is not. You are allowed to talk about win conditions. The Town win condition is public, after all.

@Sun: That's a pretty hard overreaction fyi. Talking about Poy reacting to Kill at the start of his posting.

I also don't dislike Poy's vote on Dusky. I know she deserves it. Not in any serious way since she has been posting here and there with some questions. She's certainly in the background though. Just like that time when she was supposed to be on my team, but wasn't.

I'm not unaware of Sky commenting for Dusky's sake in this. So far I'm eh with Sky.

Rag was also helpful and active in the previous game we played on NGA. I find her current strategy consistent with that.

That game was an anomaly. So far I've only seen one mafia game where, as mafia, Rag was active. D2 is much more telling of Rag as opposed to D1, but in general a scum Rag tends to be less active. Being helpful with cursory type posts that track votes or tell me what has happened in the thread thus far (kinda like catch up posts) are certainly things that can be in the realm of a scum Rag D1 as well as a town Rag D1. Rag, typically, seems more invested, as town, in solving the game because it is interesting. So far, Rag's angle has been less mechanical and more -- not mechanical. *Shrugs.*

Anyway, the point is that that last game on NGA is definitely not a good judge of how Rag plays as mafia (though it certainly showcases how active a town Rag is in figuring out the game). Comparatively you can contrast that with Rag's performance in ASMM2 where Rag was the main baddie (Hobgoblin).

I like when Rag puts in effort (though she did surprise all of us recently in a scum game so she definitely is a force to be reckoned with).

What? Can you elaborate?

@Fred: You're pretty spot on about Rag. Pending on what Ezlo has to say, it is possible Rag has evolved her scum game. In which case everything is fair game.

*Has reached Page 39.*

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
unvote
vote: Spiritual Mask Salesman

he just hasn't been townie, and I think that's scummy for him
Care to explain more?

Anyway, I don't think funnier is going to really say much. Sucks, but even though he is inactive, I'm holding out hope that he'll get more active soon, and I'd rather nor lynch him today without even hearing anything from him. At this point I'm wondering if he has been post restricted or something?

Unvote

Skystone

I, Chocobo
@KoD: I don't consider Rag to have been mafia in the last NGA game, as her faction's win condition was perfectly compatible with town. It was more like a weird masonry cult with a night kill. So perhaps we agree, but I was trying to emphasize that she can be extremely proactive in a non-scum role. Just to be clear.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Care to explain more?

Anyway, I don't think funnier is going to really say much. Sucks, but even though he is inactive, I'm holding out hope that he'll get more active soon, and I'd rather nor lynch him today without even hearing anything from him. At this point I'm wondering if he has been post restricted or something?

Unvote
As people have already speculated, he was likely "silenced", which is a known status effect.

Silencing funnier is literally the lamest possible d1 move. It's a good move for scum, but lame.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
Silencing someone Day 1 is definitely scummy.

On that note, I'm apparently being Tracked.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
an amusing game wrt activity for me was naga's "reversed setup" game where i thought i was an isolated mafiate and basically lurked all game and then upon realizing that the mafia was town and vice-versa, i became a lot more active and took control of the game.

Its definitely true that a lot of what allows me to engage in mafia is the desire to "solve" it. As town, reading all the information and fitting it into the puzzle and then developing and implementing a strategy to win the game is the typical gameplan. As mafia its often much less about gathering and organizing information or about reading people, and a lot more about manipulating people and trying to stay out of the spotlight. Its a much less engaging game, and for that reason i've traditionally found myself losing interest in the game a lot more often, which in many cases results in me not keeping up on the game and then either going completely AWOL or active lurking.

I've had multiple games where I've managed to maintain good activity levels as mafia, contrary to popular belief. Its probably not wrong that the cases where i roll mafia and disappear are more common than the cases where i roll mafia and stay active, but I can't say whether or not that will be true in the future.

@Sky:

That's why I said that game was an anomaly.

I'm caught up through the pages. SMS comes off more as someone who is probably a clone of Spider-Man (or the real Spider-Man) as opposed to any sort of scum. That's the impression I got with him chiming in on the publicly searching for Spider-Man bit.

As far as Rag goes, there's no longer any point in me talking to Rag as Rag is determined to go with what she thinks is true. The only thing of importance to note here is that Rag is taking it upon herself to assume how I, as scum, would act from moment to moment in the situation. Rag has no way of proving/showing that I'm lying or attributing scum-like behavior to me more so than town-like behavior. Ultimately, Rag is pushing a case to push a case with nothing else.

If that isn't obvious, you can view Rag's adaptation of defenses of me as an indication of her willingness to just push the case without regard to considering she may be wrong.

If that's a bit hard to follow, then, essentially it boils down to whether or not you believe I am lying about why I unvoted each time and explaining why I chose not to out that info. For Rag's purposes, she believes my **intent** was to hide the bonus votes, thus my explanation was lying. It follows, then, that Rag has to believe I was not aware of how Zinger handled hit vote counts, and that I didn't read the rules. Otherwise the motivation for scum me trying to hide something that wouldn't be hidden becomes murky. Further, and drawing from Ex on this one as he is one of several people to give the situation some thought, constantly unvoting as opposed to just unvoting once certainly doesn't align with an intent of trying to hide (but it is a matter of interpretation as this point). Especially since, as pointed out, Zinger doesn't do vote counts on demand.

Suffice it to say, Rag's approach is not only off-putting, it does come off as scummy to me in forcing the scenario she exults as the truth without regard to the nuances of the situation. That's where I stand on the matter.

With regard to Funnier:

My hot take is less hot. I have to wonder if whoever silenced funnier did it because of the early talk about voting funnier just because.

I think that assumption is being made because he is active despite not posting (a la Zinger confirming Funnier is active or something to that effect).

Silence is a condition that would fit with why he hasn't been participating (although he did vote recently so does Silence not stop voting? Time to reread the conditions).

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i ISO'd funnier and apparently he posted ~5 hours ago and i missed it somehow so his inactivity probably isn't a result of a silence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom