• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Anyone have a way to kill Spiderman?

Okay, hear me out. This is at the request of Spiderman. There is currently a trial going on. I cannot see the trial but I'm in contact with someone who can and was also in contact with Spiderman before it started. He was told what would happen and the consequences. Basically he is on trial because Judas believes him to be the true source of evil. So, if Spiderman pleads guilty to that, all threats to town will be exiled and Spiderman will become the only threat. Allowing town to win (hopefully). But the issue is getting rid of Spiderman himself. I've been told Spidey is waiting to plead guilty til he knows that he can be eliminated. Also, KoD is Kaine (and one of the Scarlet Spiders) and he is trying to get Spidey to plead not guilty because his wincon is tied to Spiderman winning. So please help this poor Spiderman not have to listen to the arguements of KoD anymore. But uh, after the trial.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Anyone have a way to kill Spiderman?

Okay, hear me out. This is at the request of Spiderman. There is currently a trial going on. I cannot see the trial but I'm in contact with someone who can and was also in contact with Spiderman before it started. He was told what would happen and the consequences. Basically he is on trial because Judas believes him to be the true source of evil. So, if Spiderman pleads guilty to that, all threats to town will be exiled and Spiderman will become the only threat. Allowing town to win (hopefully). But the issue is getting rid of Spiderman himself. I've been told Spidey is waiting to plead guilty til he knows that he can be eliminated. Also, KoD is Kaine (and one of the Scarlet Spiders) and he is trying to get Spidey to plead not guilty because his wincon is tied to Spiderman winning. So please help this poor Spiderman not have to listen to the arguements of KoD anymore. But uh, after the trial.
You'd think a newspaper would be able to kill a spider, but no. Not even if I roll it up first.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Is there any reason to believe any of these people?

I do know that there is a trial happening with all the known threats to town in it right now. I'm in the server it's happening but I can't see the channel. It's being relayed to me by someone else who can see it. I know Spiderman is on board with pleading guilty as I was present for that conversation.

This was all started by someone, unknowingly at first. Well the trial was knowingly but the thing that gave cause for the trial was not. I do believe that the person that told me all of this was truthful. They have their own motivation, but it's not incompatible with town. They will just leave the game when they meet their win condition. We were honest with Spiderman about the implications of pleading guilty. That he will lose, but that it's a path for town to win.

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
I have concerns about this revelation. First off, what prevents us from simply lynching Spider-Man? This is the normal solution to anti-town threats. We might suppose that you 'know' he will become unlynchable, but how does he know in advance what powers he would have if he becomes a threat? And if he knows what powers he might then have, why not be forthright and share with us a list of these powers so that we can plan to deal with them (on the assumption that Zinger would not design a game without solutions for either side)? Or, perhaps even more acutely, why can Spider-Man not simply exile himself after pleading guilty? This would also remove him as a threat from the game.

Also, we very obviously need Tevish to confirm your claims before we undertake anything at all.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I know that before the trial began Spiderman said he was unkillable. I don't know if this will change after he becomes a threat. But apparently he is asking for clarification on things before pleading so I'll get back to you on any information I get. He's trying to make sure there's a plan in action before he does this.

Tevish can confirm that I originally contacted him through a letter before all of this. And he and Spidey agreed to hear us out on the plan. I assume that Spidey was also in contact with Tevish during our discussion with him.

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
In the comics (I think - I don't read them; I just looked a few things up), the trial is a result of Kaine murdering people. Which is presumably not the case here if KoD is desperately trying to keep Spider-Man alive, as that doesn't jive with Minish's clarification.

Also, if we're a proposing a plan to effectively end the game, I think we're also at a point where the people proposing these outcomes ought to be effectively more or less full claiming.

Also also, why is Spider-Man motivated to lose?

I can confirm what Minish is saying, at least about some elements. Specifically, the True Spider-Man is on trial, and Minish would have every reason to know. Both I and Spider-Man were in contact with Minish and submitted to the idea of the trial. The rest lines up with what Spider-Man was able to tell me before the Trial started about what to expect.

I can also clarify that Spider-Man believed himself to be unkillable given certain conditions. However, he may have been mistaken about the extent of his abilities.

It's possible that a "Guilty" Spider-Man becomes a Threat to the Town while still retaining the Town alignment and win-con, meaning he will need to die for his own win.

In the comics (I think - I don't read them; I just looked a few things up), the trial is a result of Kaine murdering people. Which is presumably not the case here if KoD is desperately trying to keep Spider-Man alive, as that doesn't jive with Minish's clarification.
What I am about to say pertains to the source material and in no way necessarily reflects anything about the game that is based on it. You should not take any of this as facts about this game, it's just me being a Spider-Man nerd and talking about cool bits of lore.

In the comics, the 4 part story titled "The Trial of Peter Parker" was actually quite interesting because it featured not one, but two trials of the titular character. Peter had been arrested for murders committed by Kaine (his clone) that had DNA linked back to him at the scene of the crime—pretty convincing evidence. Ben Reilly (his other clone) took his place in jail, pretending to be Peter, while Peter remained at large looking for answers. During this time Peter was kidnapped by Judas Traveller and also put on trial for his actions as Spider-Man, being prosecuted by his worst villains (like Carnage, for example), while he was being defended by Kaine, the murderous clone who got him in trouble in the first place. So while Spider-Man was on trial in Judas' court, Peter (Ben) was on trial in a New York court. It's actually a pretty neat story that came out of the otherwise mostly crap clone saga.

Again, this game might be based on those events but you should know by now "loosely inspired by" does not mean "follows very closely"... Don't take anything I have said here as facts about the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom