• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should we take a break from Hyrule?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Zelda games dive into other settings here and there but the main place is always some iteration of Hyrule. Do you guys think the next game(s) should move away from it and go somewhere else entirely? Or do you think the next big game should always be set on Hyrule or some variant of it and leave the different locations to smaller scale games?

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
What does "Hyrule" mean though
We've seen multiple wildly varying geographical landscapes go by the same name of Hyrule. I think they just kinda use Hyrule as a hot swappable kingdom name whenever they want- the exceptions are kind of the games that are clearly tied via timeline, like ww, oot, tp, ph, st

Daku Rinku

Disciple of Din
We've seen multiple wildly varying geographical landscapes go by the same name of Hyrule. I think they just kinda use Hyrule as a hot swappable kingdom name whenever they want- the exceptions are kind of the games that are clearly tied via timeline, like ww, oot, tp, ph, st
Maybe Hyrule is more like saying Middle Earth or Arda proper

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
the land created by the golden goddesses, I know its changed a bunch of times but there's still some commonality b/w all of them

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Wait, special boy? I would have sworn Spirit Tracks took place in New Hyrule? Wind Waker takes place in Hyrule as well before it was called New Hyrule. Phantom Hourglass as well, (Skyward Sword takes place in Hyrule) that's definitely an "iteration of Hyrule" as op said. Anyway, I like Hyrule but I'm a huge fan of Holodrum, Labrynna, Koholint, Termina, Calatia, and Subrosia as well. I think Nintendo can make any setting work, but I definitely don't want to lose Hyrule if they do decide to set a game in a different world.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Absolutely.

Confining each game to Hyrule makes the world feel very small. I never get the sense that there's anything beyond Hyrule, since nothing outside of it is mentioned and almost everything taking place beyond its borders is a "parallel world".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom