• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler My views on the timeline placement of BotW/TotK.

BTW, this topic is outdated now, as I adhere to the Refounding theory in light of a recent interview, and examining other evidence, such as the fact that Ganondorf still has OoT Gerudo features(round ears and amber-reddish eyes wheras the other Gerudo have pointed ears and green eyes). I might make a V2 of this topic in the future sometime, though.

Last edited:
I keep forgetting about the Fokka! I think most people do. Do you think Fokka could a subset of the Rito, rather than a cousin,or precursor species?

You mean like a hammer and chisel?

Not really. When talking about it, the people who would be in the know don't even acknowledge it as a thing that exists. She isn't told to keep it a secret. Nobody tells her that there are myths that sound kind of like it. The idea of what the Master Sword is seems completely new to everyone. Everyone.

And, Zelda would know exactly where it would be kept. Taking the sword to the pedestal, and attempting something there isn't even a thought. She doesn't even try pouring what power she can into the blade that would be hidden away, in hopes that it wouldn't have shattered in the first place. Strengthening the blade before hand would have had the same effect, as far as the timeline, due to it being a closed loop. (Narrativly, there would barely be a game, though.)

There are numerous holy locations, that she knows about, modern day, and yet using her own body was her go to solution. Either she panicked, and did the most immediate, and risky, thing, without thinking about alternatives (which is not supported by the narrative); or she knew that these locations did not exist yet, and sacrificed her self knowing there was no other option.

Except that it provides none of the pieces that are missing. (I can provide the list again, but it's getting a little old. I do plan on laying out all of my thoughts in a future theory post. I will be sure to include a full up to date list then.)

As far as refounding through an off screen kingdom collapse, The prologue for SS is that collapse.

With the physiological differences between the Rito we see now, and the ones from WW, we don't need the same group to evolve twice. they are two separate types, that share the same name. The Rito we see now could have evolved long before the flood, then the Zora could have been changed to join the existing Rito. Alternatively, it has been pointed out that there is a lot of cross species coupling in the Zelda universe (mostly with Hylian partners, I might add). The Zora may have coupled with the Zora so their children would be Rito, and therefore safe from the flood. One thing we do know, is the Rito Legend of the Storm Ark does place Rito history before the Cloud Barrier.

(I still think there were Zora who were not saved from the flood, who became the Fishmen.)

Having a Ganondorf before OoT is the only real issue, except that no game actually states that he is the first. If anything, the game tells us the whole one Gerudo male every once in a great many years becoming king, which leaves the door open for others before him.
The Watarara are also a subset of rito (non canon) in the "Ocarina of time manga" (before windwaker).
This would suggest a race of "Migratory Highland Rito"
as the Wind Waker "Coastal Rito" that are of the "Zora" are not yet presant in the timeline.
i also heard somewhere.......
"If Coastal Rito (WW) do not fulfill the tradition to gain their wings, they become Folkka".

Pre-SS doesn't work; Hyrule Kingdom isn't established until the end of the Era of Chaos and the beginning of the Era of Prosperity, which is after SS.
I have to disagree,
There is ample evidence most of it is stated in Ryus post ill post the link below,
the points in Ryu Kage Desus post hold validity of a "Pre-SS Hyrule kingdom".
All the buildings in Skyloft would have been built whilst on the ground before the raising of the Sky islands and the existance of "Sheika Tech"
in "Skyward Sword", is just one of many of these points.

#not to mention the in game lore of a hero before "Skyward sword"

The De-evoloution of the "Mogma" also Backs up the this Timelines plausible Chronology.

Totk (Past) Mogmas statues and others, built in the depths during Rarus Kingdom, (1st Hyrule).
Reminisciant of the "Ancient Hero Aspect" look at the Legs. strong legs.
"Skyward Sword" Mogmas Have "Tiny Legs" not like the ancient Mogma before being Trapped/protected in Skyloft, could indeed lead to a weakening of the "under used legs" over multiple generations in the sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom