• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the Temple of Time in Twilight Princess a different one from the one in Ocarina of Time?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
It's pretty clear from the flashback that Ganon had a direct scuffle with Hyrule in the years before TP, but it's unclear how large a scale it was. Based on the aftermath it didn't affect Hyrule much, but it may have led to the Gerudo being exterminated. They're notably absent from both TP and FSA.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
It's pretty clear from the flashback that Ganon had a direct scuffle with Hyrule in the years before TP, but it's unclear how large a scale it was. Based on the aftermath it didn't affect Hyrule much, but it may have led to the Gerudo being exterminated. They're notably absent from both TP and FSA.
they exist in FSA

they exist in FSA
They also exist in Breath of the Wild, but I feel like the ones in both games are totally separate and disconnected from the Ganondorf in Twilight Princess and Four Swords Adventures. In FSA they distance themselves from Ganondorf as much as possible, and in Breath of the Wild, he's all but forgotten, (The man, not the beast.) Even though they still hold the tradition of no men allowed in their city.

They exist in FSA but tbh to me their culture felt entirely different. But then that’s not really anything unique to them in this series at this point. As far as their disappearance in TP goes, possible we just never really go to where they might be hiding out there, but I always had this feeling maybe Ganondorf turned them into the Bulblins if they might not have agreed to follow him in his conquest. Nothing to really substantiate that, though.

But yeah just to throw my two cents in here, think it’s definitely meant to be the same place. Have multiple ideas on what might have happened to it…perhaps Ganondorf, not having anyone to open up the Sacred Realm for him in this timeline, cursed the temple in a similar fashion to the Deku Tree, hence Armoghoma and all its children infesting leading to the temple falling in disrepair.

Other one is a bit simpler, larger leap in logic but not necessarily impossible is the shard of the mirror of Twilight itself was able to travel back through time either using its own power or that of the Temple itself. I guess my assumption was just that when Zant destroyed it, it just flew off wherever, but maybe he had more a hand in where each piece ended up. Hard to say whether many of the creatures are his minions or if many of these monsters just naturally end up following these pieces with a sense of desire not dissimilar to how it influences Yeta.

i like this i believe the Gerudo were "Exhiled " not exterminated but this was during the event that the twilli were banished in after the twillis "civil war" the gerudo were ally with the twilli "interlopers/sheika". so i believe thats when the Gerudo were exhiled back to the desert for aiding and abetting the "interlopers"

i like this i believe the Gerudo were "Exhiled " not exterminated but this was during the event that the twilli were banished in after the twillis "civil war" the gerudo were ally with the twilli "interlopers/sheika". so i believe thats when the Gerudo were exhiled back to the desert for aiding and abetting the "interlopers"
You do realize that in Twili banishment happened far before Ocarina of Time, they were already banished by the time Ganondorf was even conceived.

Side note: We are really off topic.

You do realize that in Twili banishment happened far before Ocarina of Time, they were already banished by the time Ganondorf was even conceived.

Side note: We are really off topic.
yes i am aware,
also we are not off topic all these points being discussed are relevant to the temple of time as establishing the presence and time frames of characters Pre-OOT helps build a timeline....

even when you point this out, it still does not explain your statement "Exterminated"
they were never Exterminated Stray, what do you mean , they were Banished/Exiled.
if you are going to post things a light proof read and amendments, may help legitimize your posts x

yes i am aware,
also we are not off topic all these points being discussed are relevant to the temple of time as establishing the presence and time frames of characters Pre-OOT helps build a timeline....

even when you point this out, it still does not explain your statement "Exterminated"
they were never Exterminated Stray, what do you mean , they were Banished/Exiled.
if you are going to post things a light proof read and amendments, may help legitimize your posts x
I never said they were exterminated.

I never said they were exterminated.
But we only see Ganondorf being banished, Not all the rest of the Gerudo. We are uncertain of what happened to them.

I recommend against engaging his posts.
why? thats a bit unfair Bowzette , everything i post is zelda orientated why are you being so horrible constantly towards myself?
this sort of treatment is what puts people off interacting with posts in ZD.

But we only see Ganondorf being banished, Not all the rest of the Gerudo. We are uncertain of what happened to them.
????????????????????????

Are we talking twilight princess ganon ? after OOT or ganon(s) pre OOT?

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware, there's no Ganon before Ocarina of Time, and the one in Ocarina of Time is the very same one in Twilight Princess, the Wind Waker and a Link to the Past, They're all the same person, same incarnation. Ganondorf is not like Zelda where it's a new one almost every game. The only time Ganondorf has been incarnated is in Four swords Adventures.

As far as I'm aware, there's no Ganon before Ocarina of Time, and the one in Ocarina of Time is the very same one in Twilight Princess, the Wind Waker and a Link to the Past, They're all the same person, same incarnation. Ganondorf is not like Zelda where it's a new one almost every game. The only time Ganondorf has been incarnated is in Four swords Adventures.
thank you for your P.O.V now i cn see where you stand on the matter

this statement that "Ganon from Twilight princess is infact 100 % the same Ganon from OOT" is conjecture, look up the meaning of conjecture.
the sacred relm in oot ganon is trapped, in the child timeline (also twilight princess timeline) "Ganon" was Executed in OOT am i mistaken?
Have you looked at the Zelda timeline, The exile of Ganondorf happens before the events of Majora's mask and right after Ocarina of Time, It's 100% stated in the history books that they're the same Ganon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom