• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
@Ragnarokio has been reading Spiderman Comics for two months to prepare. Is this a " Canon Event"???

Betty brant was kidnapped by doc ock at the behest of Blackie Gaxton, the mob boss who was extorting her brother. Spiderman ends up saving her but her brother gets killed in the process, which she blames spiderman for (not unfairly imo). Peter was considering telling her he was spiderman before this happened, but in the interest of preserving their burgeoning romantic relationship decides to keep his role in her brother's death to himself, which is pretty ****ed up.

That could be whats happening here, but I would guess they'd be exiled in that case if anything, since that seems to be what represents the "out of new york" zone. Unknown feels more like "out of space and time" or something.

KingofDominaria (19.5): Tevish Szat, the Human Torch, Morbid Minish (x2), Rubik, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Turin, theatog, TheCapsFan, Freddeh, ExLight, Storm, Paranoid King, Ragnarokio, The Black Cat, dragonteacup, Doc, Asfinyti
With 19.5 votes against, plus the Torch's BURN effect, KingofDominaria is essentially at M+10.5. But he appears to require more than that...
23c.gif

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
"You're fast, big guy!" The Human Torch dodges over the charge with the timing and speed of an experienced Superhero...

"Well I'm faster!" The Human Torch lands behind the villain, and ignites the carpeted office in a line between himself and 'The Kingpin of Crime'...

"I wouldn't be fighting you if you didn't choose to be a Threat to the Town! Now you've gotta learn not to play with Fire!"

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
"I know crime seems to pay for big bads like you..." The Human Torch hefts the most expensive looking office chair he had ever seen...

"But this is ridiculous!" He launches the chair at the Kingpin with the force of another FIREBALL!

*Fisk dodges out of the way of the line of fire, moving quickly towards a particular wall.*

"And you've got to learn to not get ahead of yourself!"

*Fisk activates the nearest fire alarm in his office to start the sprinklers.*

"Not only do you burst into my office uninvited, but you throw around slander and start fires without a care. How will it look to the public when they find out about your lawless transgressions? While I detest the libel published by the Daily Bugle about me, I will enjoy reading Jonah Jameson's evisceration of you because of what you are. A hotheaded vigilante that acts before thinking, and you're not even that good. Endangering innocent people, destroying property, and all for what? No shred of proof for the accusations you are leveling. Nothing!

*With a grunt, Fisk takes the hit from his chair, catching it squarely against his chest so as to not damage it before setting it down next to the wall. Fisk then moves over to his office doors. With one hand he punches through the wall to get a good group and yanks hard on the door to rip it off its hinges. He turns and hurls the door at the Human Torch.*

"Let's see how you act when people start to frantically react to the fire alarm. Let's see how you act when people realize you're starting fires carelessly once they check up on me!"

*FIsk grins a tad maliciously.*

"You wanted a fight and now you and others will suffer the consequences for it"

so uh should we just run the other one while this one's going on lmaoooo

You bet. Cutting back and forth between two fights is what comic books do best!

Ours is supposed to be a tutorial for everyone else... Lol the Mod never expected someone would start a fight before the tutorial happened.

Asfinyti

aka amber
alright then
in the meantime, on the other side of the city...
pearl milk tea (a very original name that was definitely not chosen for the drink i had on my desk at the time) prepares for the fight of a lifetime! three minutes against the one and only crusher hogan, for that sweet sweet prize of $10,000...
well, let's just say i would do a lot of things for a lot less.
ahem.
anyway, despite pearl milk tea not being exactly the brightest bulb around, they can at least realize this is a battle of attrition - and every passing second brings them closer to that prize.
the match starts, and pearl milk tea takes up a ready stance, keeping their distance while circling slowly around towards crusher hogan's weak side, staying on guard while the timer ticks down...

*Fisk runs out the hole where the door used to be, and once in the hall he slams both of his fists hard against the wall to the office so as to crumble it. He looks for large sections to pick up or chunks of wood or concrete to pick up and hurl at the Human Torch to keep him at a distance. He picks up two, fist-sized chunks of debris, relative to his own hands, and takes position in front of the hole in the wall.*

"You only play at being a hero, but you don't know the first thing about tactics or tact! Do you think New York's finest would brazenly encroach upon a person's property without probable cause? Do you even know what that is? The words of the Bugle are not proof nor are they the sort of evidence that would hold up in a court of law. But this?"

*Fisk raises his arms to indicate the disaster that is his office with the scorch marks from fire, the rubble from the hole he made, and the broken shards of glass from the window where the Human Torch has burst though and allowed for air to enter from the outside noisily.*

You've given ample proof to support legal action against you and yours over at the Baxter Building."

*Fisk cackles as he hurls the chunks in his fists at the Human Torch.*

"'Pearl milk tea' huh? What kinda name is that?" Crusher Hogan laughs as he sizes up his opponent. "Alright then, you're the first, but I got many people who think they can beat me today to fight through so let's see what you're made of!" The beast of a man runs at PMT with wild abandon, giving the audience the show they have come for. The crowd goes wild as Crusher deftly deeks past his opponent and wraps them in a chokehold! "C'mon, ya gotta be faster 'an that if you want to beat the CRUSHER!"

q5pjI2e.jpg

((Tutorial: Normally, in a Fight, you'll want to play up your character's signature fighting moves and roleplay their ideals to the fullest to get maximum style points, and since you can expect your character name to be revealed before a fight starts, there's no reason not to!! But in this low-stakes tutorial, your character name remains hidden, so you probably don't want to do anything that gives who you really are away too much. Don't worry, I have it on good authority the judges are going to go easy on rating for style points this time around.))

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom