• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

I agree that kingpin talks nothing like Abigail, however I'm not ruling out the possibility that she is someone that is or could be a part of the crime network if the right conditions are met. I don't think that is likely given the current gamestate, but I refuse to rule it out. I also agree with whomever it was that said we probably shouldn't pay much attention to Kingpin right now. Sowing seeds of doubt this early is only good for scum.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
It is pretty normal for Storm to get a single vote on him and then assume that him and everyone he has ever met is going to be gunned down in the street IRL as a result of the pressure that has been put on him and react as such.

I don't consider his reaction to pressure to be especially alignment indicative. I would like more information about him or why he's saying these things about his role, but I have no way of knowing if he is being so obtuse because of a posting restriction or just because that's just how he wants to treat things.

Later. School bells ring across the city. Kids are finally free.​

In the city, you hear someone ask, "Is anyone thinking of going out to the New York Hall of Science in Queens for their demonstration on radioactivity tonight? No? Just me? Crap, I was hoping to carpool. Queens is a bit far. Oh well. Guess I'll take an Uber or something. Wait, it's like the 1960s, we don't have Uber. Double crap! Taxis cost a fortune that I can't afford and the bus takes forever... Bummer. Seriously nobody wants to go?"

Meanwhile, across town in Queens, a similar conversation is taking place...

dzbGT5d.jpg

Teens can be so cruel...
Someone hands you a flyer...
TONIGHT, be amazed at the power of Radio-Activity! Come one, come all, to the New York Hall of Science in Queens to see the experiments in action with your very own eyes! The exhibition is free and open to the public, as long as you can get there. We're in room 30!
So what do you think?... Do you want to go?...

Certain players can attend the exhibition toNight if they so choose, abiding these restrictions:

Residents of Queens can go freely. You should know if you are a resident of Queens.

If you don't live in Queens but want to go, you must take a taxi (and they really gouge you--costs $950 for the round-trip) OR take the bus (costs only $15, but you are Roleblocked for the entirety of Night 1).

Century Club members are much too snobby to be seen at anything that's "free". None of them may attend.

Mafia Aligned players are much too busy buying up all the guns to go on a murder spree. None of them may attend.

Vroendal may not attend.

Whoever attends will be Roleblocked and Voteblocked for the rest of the Day.

•••••

Day 1: Spectacular Third Vote Count

a.k.a. The "Your time is quickly running out to make the most of your first (and for some of you, maybe last) Day in this game" Vote Count

Storm (4): Rubik, Ragnarokio, Neon Princess Abigail, The Black Cat
Neon Princess Abigail (3.5): Freddeh, The Kingpin of Crime
Vroendal (1): Turin
The Kingpin of Crime (1): The Daily Bugle

With four votes against, Storm is at Majority -7 (Note, Majority is not necessarily his Threshold, so take this with a grain of salt).

Not Voting: Aaarrrgh, Asfinyti, Asfinyti, Asfinyti, Captan_Lunch, DaRkStAr Andjalo, Doc, dragonteacup, ExLight, HangryHangryHippo, lain, Killjoy262, KingofDominaria, Morbid Minish, neosilk Paranoid King, Ragnarokio, Silverfish, Skystone, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Stability, Storm, Tevish Szat, theatog, TheCapsFan, Vroendal

With 21 available votes, it takes 11 votes to reach a Majority (now whether or not Maj is required to Remove someone is another matter).

Day 1 will end on August 19th, at 5 AM, Eastern Time (click here for an accurate to the second countdown timer).

EXACTLY 12 HOURS REMAIN TO THE DAY

Those of you that are really low on activity and perhaps even in breach of the minimum posting requirement are lucky I don't have time right now to bother and check. But I will when Night rolls around... Fair warning.

Also, a casual reminder to anyone thinking of sending a letter to the editor of the Daily Bugle... Mail is only picked up during the Day.

1. Killjoy votes Storm
  2. Killjoy unvotes
  3. Neon Princess Abigail votes Vroendal
  4. The Daily Bugle votes The Kingpin of Crime[404: Error, vote link not found]
  5. Ragnarokio votes "The Kingpin of Crime"[404: Error, Player Name not found]
  6. TheCapsFan votes "The Kingpin of Crime"[404: Error, Player Name not found]
  7. Rubik votes "The Kingpin of Crime"[404: Error, Player Name not found]
  8. ExLight votes "The Kingpin of Crime"[404: Error, Player Name not found]
  9. Freddeh votes "The Kingpin of Crime"[404: Error, Player Name not found]
  10. lain votes "The Kingpin of Crime"[404: Error, Player Name not found];[#NULL: Error, vote not found]
  11. Turin votes Vroendal
  12. Freddeh votes Neon Princess Abigail
  13. OsCorp votes "The Kingpin of Crime"[404: Error, Player Name not found; vote link not found]
  14. Rubik votes Storm
  15. Ragnarokio votes Storm
  16. Neon Princess Abigail votes TheCapsFan
  17. Neon Princess Abigail votes Storm
  18. The Kingpin of Crime votes Neon Princess Abigail
  19. The Black Cat votes Storm[404: Error, vote link not found]

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
So I'm not completely caught up with the thread, but looking back at the Kingpin posts. Could it be Storm? I'm not really sure. I feel like it might just be coincidental because the Kingpin posts are clearly dropping subtle hints.

Rag and a few others brought up that he's obviously trying to establish contact between potentially split scum factions.

Using that as a jumping off point, the game has already established there is an underworld type thing that operates at night, it seems likely it's ran by Kingpin, or rather Kingpin is part of it and wants to unite other parts of it.

The Kingpin posts seem to have a lot of references to Russia for some reason. The are some other references, Lobo was capitalized, maybe a reference to the Lobo Cartel? We already know Hammerhead is in the game, which further makes me think there is probably a Russian Mafia thing. I'd suspect Kraven could make an appearence in the game eventually, and maybe Chameleon as well.

Some of these factions are usually at odds with each other in the comics, so I could imagine in a game about establishing origins that could be altered, maybe the Kingpin's motivation is to unite the factions rather than having things happen like in the comics where these factions don't all team up?

China was also mentioned too, and the only thing I can think of is the Triads, which is a chinese mafia faction that if I remember right usually worked with Kingpin. I momentarily thought of The Mandarin, but I rule him out of being in tje game because I don't ever remember him crossing paths with Kingpin, or even Spiderman. He was usually self contained to Iron Man.

Anyway, this is just speculation on characters we could be dealing with in the future. How to deal with these factions though is the question. Do we want to risk letting them join together, or stop it from happening if we possibly can? Are these just the typical Mafia and not the "superscum" that Rag said Zinger was talking about in his twitch stream?

Just some food for thought.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
So I'm not completely caught up with the thread, but looking back at the Kingpin posts. Could it be Storm? I'm not really sure. I feel like it might just be coincidental because the Kingpin posts are clearly dropping subtle hints.

Rag and a few others brought up that he's obviously trying to establish contact between potentially split scum factions.

Using that as a jumping off point, the game has already established there is an underworld type thing that operates at night, it seems likely it's ran by Kingpin, or rather Kingpin is part of it and wants to unite other parts of it.

The Kingpin posts seem to have a lot of references to Russia for some reason. The are some other references, Lobo was capitalized, maybe a reference to the Lobo Cartel? We already know Hammerhead is in the game, which further makes me think there is probably a Russian Mafia thing. I'd suspect Kraven could make an appearence in the game eventually, and maybe Chameleon as well.

Some of these factions are usually at odds with each other in the comics, so I could imagine in a game about establishing origins that could be altered, maybe the Kingpin's motivation is to unite the factions rather than having things happen like in the comics where these factions don't all team up?

China was also mentioned too, and the only thing I can think of is the Triads, which is a chinese mafia faction that if I remember right usually worked with Kingpin. I momentarily thought of The Mandarin, but I rule him out of being in tje game because I don't ever remember him crossing paths with Kingpin, or even Spiderman. He was usually self contained to Iron Man.

Anyway, this is just speculation on characters we could be dealing with in the future. How to deal with these factions though is the question. Do we want to risk letting them join together, or stop it from happening if we possibly can? Are these just the typical Mafia and not the "superscum" that Rag said Zinger was talking about in his twitch stream?

Just some food for thought.
No. Kingpin is NOT Storm. Kingpin is Played by Someone who knows the game inside and out and didnt just now realize he could be doing stuff with his Role...

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I said I'm not really sure if he is you and that the captilization stuff is just coincidental because the capitilized stuff are breadcrumbs, lol.
It could be intentional to signal other people. My idea is theres no Mafia Channel yet, but there will be one tonight onces Kingpin has his meeting to join the houses

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It could be intentional to signal other people. My idea is theres no Mafia Channel yet, but there will be one tonight onces Kingpin has his meeting to join the houses
No I meant coincidental similarity to your posting style. You captilize some things every now and then.

Kingpin is capitilizing stuff intentionally because it's important info so the fact that Kingpin captalized some stuff doesn't really mean you are 100% Kingpin. That's my whole point.

Not saying you can't be Kingpin, I'm just saying the assumption that it is you seems to hinge on a coincidental thing.

I'm interested to see updated reasoning for people trying to get you arrested. Do people currently voting Storm really still think the way Kingpin posts has to indicate it's Storm? @Rubik you started this, do you still stand by it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom