• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Stability seemed a bit to quick to dismiss my slot and I don't think I did anything particularly towny if I'm honest??? My paranoia could easily come from a scummy place since Freddehs role involves alignment changing and those can be a pain for any alignment - and as osborn he do be still a Town role so I would've expected me jumping at him should definitely be taken with a grain of salt (specially from someone who doesn't have meta experience with me) while my paranoia do be kicking in I think rag raised a few good points when correcting about some of the goblins transformations (ie Gold Goblin) being very likely town - so im a bit uncomfortable with that slot. :suspicious:
Sure, anything is possible but the way you're presenting that paranoia feels genuine to me rather than fake and trying to undermine a town player - i'm not assigning this read to everyone who has expressed some skepticism toward him but to you in particular.

Generally speaking when people appear from nowhere to make one post telling me I'm wrong after I go out and explain a read and than they disappear again...I find that it's likely I'm just right.
idk maybe you should read the new "sheep hack" article by macdougall on MU because the dissent if anything suggests vro isn't a threat (although it would do well t critically examine the way people are making those defenses). I understand why you scumread Vro I'm just not really sold on it myself.

Sure but generally speaking they wouldn't simply appear to go "no wrong" and than leave now would they.

They might stay a while. Post a little. Explain. Talk have a conversation. Go on a date. Try to convince me I'm wrong. Be less dismissive of my thoughts.
like this for instance - if people are being dismissive of your scumread what's most likely? they are town who are correct and simply beign annoying, they are town with a bad read they refuse to critically examine, they are scum shielding another scum, or they are scum white knighting a non scum? In my experience if they can't explain the read well the last is more likely. Go after the people shooting down your read on Vro, not Vro.

Why is this relevant? Well, I've played in mafia games before where I've had to live multiple identities, and one of the things I tried to do in order to keep them separate was spoof my active hours, making sure to not post (anywhere) in the temporal vicinity of my other identity. For the record, it was as me in the thread or as a sock puppet in a deliberately insecure mafia QT because players in that game revived when killed and Maf could revive as town (and vise versa). I was that paranoid, but the other mafia members... weren't, and post timing made them stand out like sore thumbs once I flipped and then went over the timestamps.
you people get up to some wild ****, i tell you

based on the theorizing though I'd say if anyone among those posting around the same time as the kingpin sockpuppet was the account owner it'd be KoD, who hasn't struck me as particularly towny so far (granted I'm over pages behind so who knows what has happened)

Recent events certainly don't look good for Vro, which incidentally looks good for Neon. That said, remember that things are rarely what they seem in these games.

With the focus on origin stories, it is quite likely that the true threats are not even in play yet. It is quite possible that Mafia is only a placeholder threat to town to keep the game going until the real bad guys show up.

Edit: so, Tevish going into the unknown pool immediately after going after Vro for being the kingpin looks an awful lot like him getting kidnapped or something similar.
post pings slightly. way he's +1'ing the suspicion on vro looks a bit like fanning the flames and something like a player being added to the unknown pool is very WIFOM-able

---

I feel like voting the kingpin is going to be unlikely to produce results (just a guess - he's the kingpin, do you really think he can be arrested that easily?) but also probably not particularly harmful or anything, so, whatever

The Bugle has a photographer on staff, either a real or npc one.

Lance might be able to take the picture you need.
So uh, I was talking to our friendly mod and it turns out I've been reading my role PM wrong (Thanks, sleep deprivation!) and I need an actual camera, not just pictures. So thanks for the thought, but I don't think Lance will be of great help.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Sure, anything is possible but the way you're presenting that paranoia feels genuine to me rather than fake and trying to undermine a town player

I'm sure the paranoia is genuine, ex is one of the most paranoid people i know. Its because of that that i think he'd feel pressured to take freddeh out of the equation asap if he was in an adversarial position to him.

I feel like voting the kingpin is going to be unlikely to produce results (just a guess - he's the kingpin, do you really think he can be arrested that easily?) but also probably not particularly harmful or anything, so, whatever

every vote except the bugles failed, so you'd be right

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
I am here strictly for business. Business that concerns the few instead of the many. My message, which isn't a truce, was intended for a select few. They know who they are.

If they don't know who they are, then that will need to be remedied fast like a diamond hammer used by a lucky Russian on a BIG ol' piece of Silver.
I feel like this is a reference to the fancy rich people club lol

Also this is Vro

I don't actually know that but it's fun to pretend I do

Princess Abigail

And yet I got you anyway.

Literally storm made a giant read post (not many reads but still reads) the page before you posted that, and irregardless even if people HADN'T been having some reads which is very much not the case, it's a scummy af thing to say 2 days into d1.
Storms "reads" post said literally nothing what is this bull****.

Princess Abigail

I wasn't referring to me being green on there, that one was pretty obvious :P.

Sigh, us fighting IS working together, would be better to bring more people out of the woodwork to see what people say, but ah well, guess that's not happening.

Alternatively I was just trying to get you to engage with me at the very least, so we can work off of that instead.

How do you figure Neon has been playing a pretty obviously pro-town game? I feel the exact opposite between the spam, the pretending to push town, and the over-defensiveness combined with that scumtell post making it the easiest mafia read atm. Obviously I can be wrong there but 'obvious pro-town' is not it.
Freddeh: Neon is wolf for doing all the things she does as town in every game she's ever played in the history of mafia

I spam more as town than wolf. I'm always defensive I hate getting pushed especially when I'm obv towning in my eyes. I'm the leading generator of content in this game on and off topic. You are trying to downplay my contributions as of they are meaningless spam when I've pushed the game forwards multiple times and I do not like it.

Princess Abigail

Oh, we're selling votes now? That seems sketchy. Then again, the rich get richer one way or another, and us grunts are repeatedly left on the streets...
Imagine not being poor and broke and barely scraping by.

Game imitates life.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
It is about time we got down to business. TO DEEAT THE HUNS Gentlemen, I have a proposition to make. Rather than being separate we should be together. United. Those of you that live in the shadows of New York's day dwellers know what I refer to.

Most people are familiar with the strength of an arrow. On its own, it breaks between one's hands easily. Together with many arrows, they do not bend so easily. That is my proposition. (Everyone knows the bundle of arrows motif)

I am here strictly for business. Business that concerns the few instead of the many. (the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the Few) My message, which isn't a truce, was intended for a select few. They know who they are.

If they don't know who they are, then that will need to be remedied fast like a diamond hammer used by a lucky Russian on a BIG ol' piece of Silver. (Potential ZDRP reference? i mean thats very meta and would incriminate Rubik if he wasnt JJJ. or SMS)

I do not breadcrumb. I do not need to. I am as subtle as as a Bull in a Chinese antique shop (Bull in a china shop? can we expect defenders? would that mean the Exiled player could be the Immirtal Iron Fist, or one of the Unknowns??) or a man named Lobo on horse back galloping through Moscow with a gorgeous mane of hair on his head. (The Main Man?in Russia?)

Anyway, a meeting shall be held in one day. We will collectively discuss the best course forward. Like I said much earlier, we are stronger together. Not apart. You would do well to heed my words.
i have no idea why everyone thinks this is me. I tend to accidentally capitalize words sometimes but ehhh.

Princess Abigail

The oldschool rationale was that if you no-lynch on day 1 then starting day 2 you're in the same position you were day 1 except with an extra dead townie, and that you'll never progress the amount of information the town has without putting pressure on the mafia, which is done via threat of lynching them.

It was very popular and i remember some people at mafiascum crunching the numbers and founding it worked at a higher rate than random, though i wouldn't know whether or not it was significantly higher or whether there were issues in the sampling or other factors which might bias the sample (although off the top of my head i can't recall any mechanical factors that would incentivize a scum player to vote third)

If nothing else HW starting as unknown implies he has some special connection with the zone, though you're right that i was approaching things the wrong way. I was thinking of the unknown zone as a "misc" zone that players could end up for in a variety of reasons, but there's no reason its mechanics/flavour couldn't be more focused than that.

I do not have a camera, although if its cheap i could help you buy one, or at least pitch in.

that is my understanding

So the second part here obviously seems like a coded message. Per vro's message, joe hammerhead is now the majority shareholder of roxxon. I'm guessing this refers to the mob boss hammerhead, who's first name is apparently joseph. Silver could then refer to silvermane who is a mafia boss that appears early on in the comics. I don't know about the rest of them though. Its possible that kingpin is trying to directly refer to all the isolated mafiosos he's trying to find here? I'm not entirely sure what the purpose in that is, but it seems clear he's trying to get in contact with them, and that its probably a bad thing for us.

It does strike me that something like this is happening, although either the others aren't interested in or are unable to respond to the kingpin's posts in-thread. Maybe they can communicate with him anonymously but he can only respond publicly?
How dare people try to steal my totally original read that I made up.

I actually have no clue if it used to be a read but even the old heads on MU have started calling it Abigail's Law which is pretty cool.

I very strongly stand against the idea that the third vote is most likely to be wolfier than any other though.

In other news please call me Abigail not Neon I'm trying to shift to that name online because it means a lot to me as the name I picked out and now that my stalker is in jail I'm less scared of using it online again. I'd change my name on the site if I could but like if you remember please uwu.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
In other news please call me Abigail not Neon I'm trying to shift to that name online because it means a lot to me as the name I picked out and now that my stalker is in jail I'm less scared of using it online again. I'd change my name on the site if I could but like if you remember please uwu.
as you wish, Abs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom