• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games You Love but Suck at

Abbs

The title is pretty self explanatory.:P

I for one am absolutely awful at most first person shooters, but I adore them especially Call of Duty. I'm not sure if it's the camera view, or the fact that my aim isn't what you'd consider the best, but I am downright horrid.

What about you guys? Any games you couldn't be any worse at but can't get enough of?

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
Zelda games? lol I love the series, but my video game skills in general aren't that great and so I'm a klutz with combat. Once I get going, though, I do pretty decent. This is one of the reasons I loved TP: combat was implemented in a way that made it very easy for me to do.

I'm also horrible at fighting games like the Super Smash Bros. series. I guess my reaction time is just a bit to slow to ever be any good. I love the games to death, though.

Monster Hunter Tri is beggining to test my skill. My skills at games are not as sharp as I would like them to be, an games like these certainly are testing them. At least, It will be an appropriate way to improve them. m

Anybody know Sonic Battle? Yeah, that game is difficult for me. I can't stand the Main Story, collecting data so that Robot can learn more moves. It was so frustraiting! But, it is fun, it's just that I hate fighting Robot's. >.>

Super Smash Bro Brawl, it is alright, but I prefer Melee better. During the Brawl Subspace Mission, that was the only fun part, but I alway's got defeated by the mini-bosses. After the Subspace Mission, it got so boring.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
The Professor Layton Games. It's basically a puzzle game with amazing graphics and cut-scenes. I'm playing The Unwound Future now and I've already gotten about ten puzzles wrong. I'm also not very good when it comes to Kirby games. I'm waaayyyyy too reckless and charge full speed into enemies. In Super Star Ultra I've unlocked The Arena and always die on Meta Knight. Nonetheless, Kirby is somehow still my favorite video game character.

I am NOTORIOUSLY bad at video games. I love games, love the storylines, love the music, love everything about most video games. I just cannot play them. I don't know if it's that my reaction time to things is off (I sometimes like to jump the gun a bit...), or that for whatever reason I start hitting the wrong buttons on accident. Then I get frustrated and mess up more. Either way, I'm horrible. I'm better off sitting back and watching. No matter how much I like video games. :(

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I really like monster Hunter Tri, but I'm that good, I have never been very good at this kind of game. I would love to get better, but I loaned it to a friend, and he loaned me Red Steel 2.

I am horrible at the new NFL games. There are too many combos and buttons to press. I liked the old ones like Tecmo bowl, they were simple enough for eanyone to play.

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
Street Fighter II
Love this game but i can't simply make the cut, the CPU always kicks my ***
Still, the graphics, music and gameplay are amazing :)

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
A. LINK. TO. THE. PAST. Unforgivingly difficult, but amazing. Actually, I could count every Zelda other than LA and TP.
Metal Gear Solid, as well.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Take pretty much any video game I enjoy. I am so bad at games, it's not even funny.
Goldeneye, Zelda, Pokémon are some of the main ones. Love 'em to death, but I'm bound to die/faint after like 2 minutes. Pretty sure I died in TP like 5 times at the very beginning of the game.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I'm pretty bad actually at the original 5 Super Mario Bros. games. In other words, the first side-scrollers. I STILL haven't beaten Super Mario Bros. (I've been playing it since I was like, 5. I'm 14 now); I get stuck on 8-2. It's sad.

I also suck at Majora's Mask. I've tried to start it a few times but I can never find my way to the shattered fairy and then the first day is almost over so I freak out and shut my 64 off. :p

E

Exodus_

I'm pretty bad actually at the original 5 Super Mario Bros. games. In other words, the first side-scrollers. I STILL haven't beaten Super Mario Bros. (I've been playing it since I was like, 5. I'm 14 now); I get stuck on 8-2. It's sad.

I also suck at Majora's Mask. I've tried to start it a few times but I can never find my way to the shattered fairy and then the first day is almost over so I freak out and shut my 64 off. :p

Have you tried the warp zones in word 1-2 and 4-2? That makes the game so much easier, but I would have to say the hardest level in the original game is 8-3. The hammer bros 's are very hard to get past if you don't have a life but its possible.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmdhmp7GZrs
This guy in the link has the world record for beating the game.

I prefer platformer games over any type but there are some that I really suck at. Like Donkey Kong Country Returns, at the very end of the game world 7 gave me the most trouble. I don't know if I was just plain out bad at the game, or it just got very hard to play. You only get to hearts throughout each level and four if you get Diddy Kong with you. That's not really enough if you ask me.

But the games I really blow at are Call of Duty games. I like them, and buy them because all my friends get them and I feel left out if I don't. Those games also get me very frustrated. I just never got the hang of them I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
A. LINK. TO. THE. PAST. Unforgivingly difficult, but amazing. Actually, I could count every Zelda other than LA and TP.
Metal Gear Solid, as well.

Gonna have to agree with the A Link to the Past Part for reasons stated above. I'm usually very good at Zelda and video games in general, but A Link to the Past I have issues with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom