Posted on March 08 2018 by Rod Lloyd
Our best soundtrack tournament continues with two new titles. As Oracle of Ages and A Link Between Worlds duke it out in yesterday’s poll, Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword step into the fray. It’s this week’s main event, so let’s get to it!
Ocarina of Time Vs. Skyward Sword
Ocarina of Time is a game defined by music. Not only does its soundtrack feature countless classic tunes, but the act of playing music is a crucial part of its gameplay. As Link explores the vast kingdom of Hyrule and travels across time, he learns several songs along the way. By playing these melodies on his fabled ocarina, Link can warp to various locations, call down a rainstorm, and summon his trusty steed Epona. I’m sure several fans have hummed at least one song from this game every single day since its release. Ocarina of Time‘s soundtrack is as iconic as it gets, and its influence is undeniable.
The composers of Skyward Sword wanted to do something big for the Wii game’s soundtrack and something fitting for the series’ 25th anniversary. Therefore, the team assembled The Legend of Zelda‘s first real orchestral score, making use of a live orchestra rather than synthesized instruments. The soundtrack therefore accomplished a refined sense of importance and grandeur, as Link soared through the sky and explored the mysterious world below the clouds. And with several intimate and emotional tracks standing out as well, Skyward Sword has one of the most balanced soundtracks in the series.
So, it’s time to decide which game had the better soundtrack: Ocarina of Time or Skyward Sword
Which Game Has the Best Soundtrack?
- Ocarina of Time (59%, 327 Votes)
- Skyward Sword (41%, 230 Votes)
Total Voters: 557
Here’s some important tournament information:
- If you receive a “Failed to Verify Referrer” message and you are logged into a version of WordPress, try logging out.
- We will post a new Round 2 voting page each day, Monday through Thursday.
- Voting for each game will be open for exactly one week.
- Every Friday, we will post a wrap-up article explaining the results of the prior week.
- Once voting pages for all Round 2 bouts have been posted, there will be a one-week break before the Quarter-Finals begin.
See you tomorrow!