Posted on March 28 2018 by Rod Lloyd
Our best soundtrack tournament continues with two new titles. As A Link Between Worlds and Ocarina of Time duke it out in yesterday’s poll, The Minish Cap and Breath of the Wild step into the fray.
The Minish Cap Vs. Breath of the Wild
The Minish Cap had no problems winning its first tournament bout and moving on to the Quarter-Finals. Beating Oracle of Seasons by over 100 votes, this beloved GBA game proved that it has a soundtrack to be reckoned with. The Minish Cap‘s OST is a well-rounded gem, as charming and memorable tunes can be heard all throughout Link’s adventure.
Corey R: “Definitely Minish Cap for me. Both have some good tunes and some bad tunes, but for me Minish Cap was more consistent, and the good tunes are amazing.”
Breath of the Wild‘s soundtrack may have its detractors, but that didn’t stop the latest Zelda title from besting Tri Force Heroes and earning a spot in the Quarter-Finals. Many fans spoke out in defense of this OST and shared about the many beautiful, original, and outright epic compositions one can hear while exploring the wide-open kingdom of Hyrule.
RPGさん: “…every village and events has it’s own feel to it and always very fitting to what’s going on… I definitely give this to BOTW, cheers.”
So, it’s time to decide which game had the better soundtrack: The Minish Cap or Breath of the Wild
Which Game Has the Best Soundtrack?
- Breath of the Wild (65%, 370 Votes)
- The Minish Cap (35%, 203 Votes)
Total Voters: 573
Here’s some important tournament information:
- If you receive a “Failed to Verify Referrer” message and you are logged into a version of WordPress, try logging out.
- We will post a new Quarter-Finals voting page each day, Monday through Thursday.
- Voting for each game will be open for exactly one week.
- On Friday, we will post a wrap-up article explaining the results of this week.
- Once voting pages for all Quarter-Finals bouts have been posted, there will be a one-week break before the Semi-Finals begin.
See you tomorrow!