Posted on March 26 2018 by Rod Lloyd
Our best soundtrack tournament continues with the first match-up of the Quarter-Finals. After overcoming their opposition in Round 2, Link’s Awakening and A Link to the Past face off.
Link’s Awakening Vs. A Link to the Past
Link’s Awakening has enjoyed a ton of support in the opening two rounds of the tournament. This Game Boy classic handedly defeated the original Legend of Zelda in Round 1 and Four Swords Adventures in Round 2. Fans were quick to point out standout songs like “Tal Tal Heights” and “Ballad of the Wind Fish,” as well as the creative callbacks this soundtrack makes to the original Zelda game.
Mitchel: “Link’s Awakening not only has a far better soundtrack than Four Swords Adventures, but also the most underrated soundtrack in the series (just like game itself). There really are some fantastic tunes on there: Tal Tal Heights, Ballad of the Wind Fish, Staff Roll, just to name a few.”
A Link to the Past had no trouble besting Hyrule Warriors in its first tournament bout. An iconic soundtrack through and through, ALttP introduced us to so many lasting tunes, including “Kakariko Village,” “Zelda’s Lullaby,” “Fairy’s Fountain,” and “The Dark World.” And, just like Link’s Awakening, this title took important songs from the first Zelda game and made them even better.
RAY138: “ALttP has one of the absolute best scores in the series. An easy vote.”
So, it’s time to decide which game had the better soundtrack: Link’s Awakening or A Link to the Past
Which Game Has the Best Soundtrack?
- A Link to the Past (62%, 235 Votes)
- Link's Awakening (38%, 146 Votes)
Total Voters: 381
Here’s some important tournament information:
- If you receive a “Failed to Verify Referrer” message and you are logged into a version of WordPress, try logging out.
- We will post a new Quarter-Finals voting page each day, Monday through Thursday.
- Voting for each game will be open for exactly one week.
- On Friday, we will post a wrap-up article explaining the results of this week.
- Once voting pages for all Quarter-Finals bouts have been posted, there will be a one-week break before the Semi-Finals begin.
See you tomorrow!