Posted on November 10 2017 by Rod Lloyd
Our Best Dungeon tournament continues with two new titles. As Sword & Shield Maze and Stone Tower Temple duke it our in yesterday’s poll, our second Wild Card winner takes on the winning dungeon of Breath of the Wild.
Mermaid’s Cave (Oracle of Ages) Vs. Hyrule Castle (Breath of the Wild)
Mermaid’s Cave earned a healthy victory against Tri Force Heroes‘ Sky Temple in the Wild Card Round, earning a spot here in Round 1. Let’s see how this dungeon will fare against our newest challenger.
Hyrule Castle caused a bit of a stir in Round 0, with some fans arguing that this in-game location wasn’t even a dungeon to begin with. But after the votes were counted and the poll closed, Hyrule Castle came out on top as Breath of the Wild‘s best dungeon. The climactic gravity of Link’s ascent into Ganon’s inner sanctum is undeniable, as fantastic music swells and every form of opposition fights to stop our hero’s progress. As a dungeon, the castle lacks the traditional puzzles and progression that makes other Zelda dungeons great, but perhaps its freshness has helped it to better resonate with fans.
So, it’s time to decide which is the better dungeon: Mermaid’s Cave or Hyrule Castle
Here’s some important tournament information:
- If you receive a “Failed to Verify Referrer” message and you are logged in to a version of WordPress, try logging out.
- We will post a new Round 1 voting page each day, Monday through Friday.
- Voting for each game will be open for exactly one week.
- Every Saturday, we will post a wrap-up article explaining the results of the prior week.
- Once voting pages for all Round 1 bouts have been posted, there will be a one-week break before Round 2 begins.
See you in a week!