Posted on October 11 2017 by Rod Lloyd
Link takes to the skies in the next game of our Best Dungeon tournament. With Tower of Spirits holding down yesterday’s handheld poll, we move to the home console for Skyward Sword. This Wii title experimented a lot with the Zelda formula we had grown used to, with the introduction of one-to-one motion controls acting as its most significant innovation.
What is the Best Dungeon in Skyward Sword?
The dungeons of Skyward Sword made the most of the game’s motion controls. There were plenty of enemy encounters that relied on specific sword strikes, there were a bunch of hidden passageways for the Beetle item to navigate, and many of the puzzles required certain hand movements to solve.
I would say that Skyward Sword also introduced some of the most environmentally interesting dungeons the series had seen in a while. Yes, we had a fire dungeon, and a water dungeon, and a forest dungeon; but the tone and presentation were so fresh and inventive that almost all locations were instantly memorable.
So, it’s time to decide the best dungeon in Skyward Sword.
Here’s some important tournament information:
- If you receive a “Failed to Verify Referrer” message and you are logged in to a version of WordPress, try logging out.
- We will post a new game’s voting page each day, Monday through Saturday.
- Voting for each game will be open for exactly one week.
- Every Sunday, we will post a wrap-up article explaining the results of the prior week.
- Once voting pages for all 18 mainline Zelda games have been posted, there will be a two-week break before Round 1 begins.
See you next week!